Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama (/Thread-House-Speaker-Ongoing-Melodrama)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Luvnit2 - 10-25-2023

Posted by GMDino - 2 minutes ago
So if someone lives in a country where their life is in danger they just just flee to another country?

GM, I never said flee to another country. I said Israel told them to move out of the missile strike area for safety. They were given multiple warnings, Hamas gave no warning prior to slaughtering babies and women on October 7th.

Do you see the difference??

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 01:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am actually more concerned about Johnson because he knows more about what he is doing than Jordan does. But, he is more of an ideologue than Jordan, just not as annoying about it.

If you are an actual conservative Republican, the ones the MAGA crowd calls RINOS, then Johnson is just a continuation down a dangerous path for the party. The silence from them on this can mean one of four things. One, they will vote for someone else, like Emmer, and just continue the battle without much of a fuss. Two, they reveal they have been coordinating with Democrats and join the vote for Jeffries. A highly unlikely but still possible scenario. Three, they have decided to vote "present" and are just tired of the fight but cannot bring themselves to vote for this person. Or four, they have been whipped into submission out of fear of being primaried.

I have no clue which one it will be.

It looks like a safe bet Johnson gets the gavel on vote 1.  The MAGA fringe is going to show people (who care to pay attention) just how little separates them from the moderates and "RINOs" here.  The GOP seemed willing to cave to the MAGA types as long as they didn't ask for too much by insisting someone as well known and openly vile as Jordan was their speaker.

I expect Matt Gaetz to be strutting around and patting himself on the back for this...how much that sort of thing helps the GOP in 2024 has yet to be seen.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - GMDino - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 01:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Posted by GMDino - 2 minutes ago
So if someone lives in a country where their life is in danger they just just flee to another country?

GM, I never said flee to another country. I said Israel told them to move out of the missile strike area for safety. They were given multiple warnings, Hamas gave no warning prior to slaughtering babies and women on October 7th.

Oh!  Just move within their own country!  I see....that you didn't read anything I posted.

What happens when Israel decides to bomb the southern part?  Just move back I guess...to the rubble?

But do you see why people flee their country?

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 01:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Posted by GMDino - 2 minutes ago

Where were a million people including children and elderly, living under seige, supposed to go in 24 hours? They have no gas and many roads are impassable and no real place to go, do how was this evacuation supposed to happen

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CKwi88 - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 01:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am actually more concerned about Johnson because he knows more about what he is doing than Jordan does. But, he is more of an ideologue than Jordan, just not as annoying about it.

If you are an actual conservative Republican, the ones the MAGA crowd calls RINOS, then Johnson is just a continuation down a dangerous path for the party. The silence from them on this can mean one of four things. One, they will vote for someone else, like Emmer, and just continue the battle without much of a fuss. Two, they reveal they have been coordinating with Democrats and join the vote for Jeffries. A highly unlikely but still possible scenario. Three, they have decided to vote "present" and are just tired of the fight but cannot bring themselves to vote for this person. Or four, they have been whipped into submission out of fear of being primaried.

I have no clue which one it will be.

My money is on four. We just saw just how beholden to Trump the GOP still is. 

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Belsnickel - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  Just move within their own country!  I see....that you didn't read anything I posted.

What happens when Israel decides to bomb the southern part?  Just move back I guess...to the rubble?

Which, you know, is exactly what happened.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/world-leaders-seek-suspend-israel-hamas-fighting-gaza-aid-2023-10-24/

(10-25-2023, 01:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My money is on four. We just saw just how beholden to Trump the GOP still is. 

Which, we already knew they were spineless. Just look at the vote total differences when they have to put their name to it versus when they vote in secret.

(10-25-2023, 01:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which, we already knew they were spineless. Just look at the vote total differences when they have to put their name to it versus when they vote in secret.

I thought you acted as though you ere the adult in the forum, but I see just another far left hack.

Looks like Johnson will win on first ballott.

I see an immediate attack on him coming from the left media and politicians.

(10-25-2023, 02:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like Johnson will win on first ballott.

I see an immediate attack on him coming from the left media and politicians.

As opposed to what, singing the praises of the GOP only putting up speakers that voted to not certify the 2020 election?  Even democrats aren't wimpy enough to go all nice on someone with Johnson's resume.

(10-25-2023, 02:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As opposed to what, singing the praises of the GOP only putting up speakers that voted to not certify the 2020 election?  Even democrats aren't wimpy enough to go all nice on someone with Johnson's resume.

I mean, he is another far-right extremist. Why would anyone think they would give him a pass?

(10-25-2023, 02:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, he is another far-right extremist. Why would anyone think they would give him a pass?

I don't know what some folks are thinking.  It'll be interesting to see if this is a short-term or long-term win.  This could be spun to voters as showing that the GOP as a whole takes orders from Trump's social media and after the 2020 midterms were a veritable bust due to multiple MAGA candidates being stuffed into losing fights in swing states, I wouldn't be so sure elevating a Matt Gaetz and MTG approved candidate to a major role is going to win back the independent voters.

It seems like the MAGA wing just wants to win for themselves and it hasn't yielded a significant victory since 2016. The GOP did better as whole when they were seen as low taxes and yay guns rather that "Trump must be obeyed."

(10-25-2023, 01:42 PM)pally Wrote: Where were a million people including children and elderly, living under seige, supposed to go in 24 hours? They have no gas and many roads are impassable and no real place to go, do how was this evacuation supposed to happen

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think of the US, our police and military would do everything to protect us.

Isn't it the Palestinian's military Hamas's job to protect them? It appears they do not only not protect them, their barbaric acts put them in harms way so no I have no sympathy for anyone in Gaza that did not speak out against Hamas.

Hamas has tunnels everywhere they could use to shield Palestians, but they choose themselves over the people they are supposed to protect.

RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think of the US, our police and military would do everything to protect us.

Isn't it the Palestinian's military Hamas's job to protect them? It appears they do not only not protect them, their barbaric acts put them in harms way so no I have no sympathy for anyone in Gaza that did not speak out against Hamas.

Palestinians don't have a sitting army.

So children and infants are supposed to speak out against Hamas?

(10-25-2023, 01:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Which, you know, is exactly what happened.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/world-leaders-seek-suspend-israel-hamas-fighting-gaza-aid-2023-10-24/

What?!?!? Color me stunned!

Luvnit!!  What should they do?!?!

(10-25-2023, 02:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know what some folks are thinking.  It'll be interesting to see if this is a short-term or long-term win.  This could be spun to voters as showing that the GOP as a whole takes orders from Trump's social media and after the 2020 midterms were a veritable bust due to multiple MAGA candidates being stuffed into losing fights in swing states, I wouldn't be so sure elevating a Matt Gaetz and MTG approved candidate to a major role is going to win back the independent voters.

It seems like the MAGA wing just wants to win for themselves and it hasn't yielded a significant victory since 2016. The GOP did better as whole when they were seen as low taxes and yay guns rather that "Trump must be obeyed."

You keep thinking the Trump base won't win the election with little to no help from Independents, I think you will be sadly disappointed. Call us a cult or whatever name you want, the base is loyal to Trump. Those Democrats and Independents watching the Biden policies screw the country are not motivated to vote for Biden.

I just saw a poll for New York were Trump was only down 9 points head to head. If that does not scare the crap out of liberals, then they don't have a pulse. Only 23% of registered voters in NY are Republican.
New York: Trump vs. Biden Siena Biden 46, Trump 37 Biden +9

New York: Trump vs. Biden vs. Kennedy vs. West Siena Biden 38, Trump 31, Kennedy 13, West 5 Biden +7

(10-25-2023, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  Just move within their own country!  I see....that you didn't read anything I posted.

As I just mentioned to Pally, it is Hamas's job to protect the Palestinians, put them in tunnels or drop your weapons. They have options.

(10-25-2023, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As I just mentioned to Pally, it is Hamas's job to protect the Palestinians, put them in tunnels or drop your weapons. They have options.

Now why didn't they think of that?

Just surrender and let Israel continue to do whatever they want!

Brilliant!

Listen, I'm not supporting terrorism or killing or Hamas.  I'm saying you don't care one bit what happens to the people...you only care that Israel inflict revenge and pain until they control all the land and rule all the people. 

Good for you.

(10-25-2023, 02:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You keep thinking the Trump base won't win the election with little to no help from Independents, I think you will be sadly disappointed. Call us a cult or whatever name you want, the base is loyal to Trump. Those Democrats and Independents watching the Biden policies screw the country are not motivated to vote for Biden.

The non-Trump GOP candidates poll better against Biden.  Biden having a decent shot to win in 2024 is more linked to Trump being his opponent than anything else.  I feel like you aren't acknowledging that we are on the same page in regards to Biden's crappieness because you don't want to agree with someone who also admits that Trump is crap.

(10-25-2023, 02:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The non-Trump GOP candidates poll better against Biden.  Biden having a decent shot to win in 2024 is more linked to Trump being his opponent than anything else.  I feel like you aren't acknowledging that we are on the same page in regards to Biden's crappieness because you don't want to agree with someone who also admits that Trump is crap.

Also, polling right now, especially national level polling, is worthless. We all know that I defend polling and the statistics behind it, but the methodology is important. Polls at this point in the game don't mean anything because there are sooooooooo many people who are not paying attention to any of the noise about the candidates right now. In addition, there is more than a year between now and election day. So many things can happen. Hell, given the way things are going, we may be in a nuclear winter by then and elections will be meaningless!