Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump or Clinton - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump or Clinton (/Thread-Trump-or-Clinton)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trump or Clinton - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-07-2015

Which do you want as our next President, because it's going to come down to these two?

Is Gary Johnson running again...PLEASE?

RE: Trump or Clinton - fredtoast - 12-07-2015

I don't think Trump will get the nomination, but if it comes down to him and Clinton I will vote for Hillary. I am not a big fan of her, but she would be better than Trump. he is a joke.

RE: Trump or Clinton - Benton - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 06:31 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Which do you want as our next President, because it's going to come down to these two?

Is Gary Johnson running again...PLEASE?

Neither. I'd prefer a Paul vs Sanders if we have to pick from current candidates. Neither one is insane, they both have some different approaches to fixing things and — most importantly — they aren't insane.

(12-07-2015, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think Trump will get the nomination, but if it comes down to him and Clinton I will vote for Hillary.  I am not a big fan of her, but she would be better than Trump.  he is a joke.

I dunno. Every time he comes out and mocks someone with a handicap or says he'd shut down worship houses or something along those lines, he moves up in the polls.

(12-07-2015, 06:36 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. Every time he comes out and mocks someone with a handicap or says he'd shut down worship houses or something along those lines, he moves up in the polls.

But he still does not have anything close to a majority of the Republican party, and the same polls show that he is also one of the most disliked candidates among Republicans.

RE: Trump or Clinton - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-07-2015

I really hope that Trump doesn't win the nomination...he just can't win. Please God don't let him win.

You may think I'm joking with what I wrote but I'm not, I do not want him to win the nomination and I deffinately don't want him to be president. He will be very bad for this country and I believe worse than Clinton. I won't vote for Clinton either and will give my vote to a third party, either Libertarian or Constitutionalist.

Well, maybe not Constitutionalist either. Even though they speak my language, I don't think a Constitutionalist can separate religion from politics.

RE: Trump or Clinton - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-07-2015

Trump is just negotiating with the RNC.  The RNC and Trump both know he can't win a general election.  The RNC will have to pay him off to drop out of the race if they want to win the White House.  The more he keeps this shit up the more they will have to pay him to bow out.

(12-07-2015, 06:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump is just negotiating with the RNC.  The RNC and Trump both know he can't win a general election.  The RNC will have to pay him off to drop out of the race if they want to win the White House.  The more he keeps this shit up the more they will have to pay him to bow out.

They won't have to pay him anything to drop out.

He does not even have the support of half of the party right now, and the polls indicate that most of the republicans who have another favorite right now would not switch their allegiance to trump.  

RE: Trump or Clinton - bfine32 - 12-07-2015

I would have to know who their VP candidates would be.

(12-07-2015, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But he still does not have anything close to a majority of the Republican party, and the same polls show that he is also one of the most disliked candidates among Republicans.

In the end, it comes down to delegates and who they are more comfortable with. If Bush, Bush, Romney and McCain are an indicator, it's usually the most vanilla of all the candidates. It's not likely, but Jeb Bush could come out looking brilliant if he down-sized early to save funding/resources for a push after Iowa and a chance at picking up the party nomination.

RE: Trump or Clinton - Nately120 - 12-07-2015

I'm voting for Gary Johnson again, because I like him AND I think it's important to my sense of self to say "The 2 choices I'm given are crap."

RE: Trump or Clinton - Goalpost - 12-07-2015

Hold your nose and vote Trump. The economy might actually do something. On a personal basis, he has some problems though.

RE: Trump or Clinton - StLucieBengal - 12-07-2015

You can guarantee that I won't vote for a progressive.

Trumps VP would matter.

RE: Trump or Clinton - JustWinBaby - 12-07-2015

So long as Trump is able to capture a plurality - which looks like a distinct possibility as long as Carson, Rubio and Cruz stay in the race - then what does the GOP do? If they don't give him the nomination with a plurality of votes he might run as an independent and hand the election to Hillary.

(12-07-2015, 09:24 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hold your nose and vote Trump.  The economy might actually do something. 

The economy has recovered under Obama.  The problem is that almost all of the recovery has been to the benefit of stockholders and homeowners.

The stock market is hitting record highs and corporations are recording record profits.  If you think Trump is going to change any of that the help the lower and middle classes you are crazy.

(12-07-2015, 11:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So long as Trump is able to capture a plurality - which looks like a distinct possibility as long as Carson, Rubio and Cruz stay in the race - then what does the GOP do?  If they don't give him the nomination with a plurality of votes he might run as an independent and hand the election to Hillary.

Seems to me the Republican party is already split between the Tea Party and the moderates.  

RE: Trump or Clinton - Beaker - 12-07-2015

Rubio will get the nomination.

RE: Trump or Clinton - Yojimbo - 12-08-2015

If I had those two choices, I'm voting for Jill Stein.

RE: Trump or Clinton - Nately120 - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The economy has recovered under Obama.  The problem is that almost all of the recovery has been to the benefit of stockholders and homeowners.

The stock market is hitting record highs and corporations are recording record profits.  If you think Trump is going to change any of that the help the lower and middle classes you are crazy.

If anything Trump said is to be believed (which it isn't), Trump said something about wages being too high and that we need to get paid less and "work really hard."  That sounds viable to me.  I volunteer for the first necessary paycut.  Who's next?

RE: Trump or Clinton - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 12:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If anything Trump said is to be believed (which it isn't), Trump said something about wages being too high and that we need to get paid less and "work really hard."  That sounds viable to me.  I volunteer for the first necessary paycut.  Who's next?