Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Greatest Bengal RB of all time (/Thread-Greatest-Bengal-RB-of-all-time)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Bengalfan4life27c - 01-08-2024

4 choices Pete Johnson Most TD James Brooks Most combined rushing and Receiving Cory Dillon Most yards rushing Joe Mixon 2 in almost all categories

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Nicomo Cosca - 01-08-2024

Imagine putting Dillon on those good 80’s teams, or 2021-22.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Bengal Dude - 01-08-2024

Corey Dillon. The guy was the only bright spot on so many dismal teams. Defenses knew he was getting the ball and he still kicked ass. I'm ready to see him go into the Ring of Honor for the 2024 season.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-08-2024

Him and one of the old guys:

- Montoya
- Parrish
- Fulcher
- Brooks
- Trumpy
- Krumrie

Take your pick.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - bfine32 - 01-08-2024

Boobie Clark, because his name was Boobie

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Nicomo Cosca - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 02:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Boobie Clark, because his name was Boobie

Wonder if Peter Berg was a fan.

[Image: s-l1600.png]

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - guyofthetiger - 01-08-2024

Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Mer - 01-08-2024

If Mixon rushed every game of his career the way he does 1 to 2 games a year (look at yesterday's Cleveland game) he'd be my choice. With that said, Dillon all the way. He was one of the bright spots during a dark time in Bengaland.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-08-2024

I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - TecmoBengals - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

I voted Dillon. He just looked dominate when running the ball even on bad Bengals teams. I hope he makes our Ring of Honor soon.

I also think Rudi belongs in the conversation, but would still vote Dillon.

Edit: Dillon would bring toughness to any all-time Bengals team.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.

We never had a player on our team named Dillion.

(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

While Brooks would probably be #2, he's definitely not Dillon (nobody is).

And while we all loved Rudi, he's not even top 5.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - KillerGoose - 01-08-2024

Dillon with Brooks as #2. I personally think Rudi is a bit overrated and would put Mixon above him, whom I also don't have very high.

Brooks as a third down back who can catch the ball would be great.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - wcu - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

I seriously don't get the Rudi disrespect.  He was a beast for us.  While I would still vote for Dillon, Rudi 100% deserves to be in the conversation.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Goalpost - 01-08-2024

Corey ran for more yards per game. But James ran for more yards per carry. Brooks was just more exciting to watch to me, so it's him.

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - Sled21 - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 11:23 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Corey ran for more yards per game.  But James ran for more yards per carry.  Brooks was just more exciting to watch to me, so it's him.

James Brooks and it's not even close.

(01-08-2024, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: James Brooks and it's not even close.

How's it not close?

Dillon rushed for 8,061 yards in 107 games. Brooks rushed for 6,447 yards in 118 games. Dillon rushed for more TDs (45) compared to Brooks (37). Dillon (20) fumbled less than Brooks (37).

There are stats favoring Brooks (4.8) such as Y/A compared to Dillon's (4.3). I'm good with anyone voting Brooks as I almost did so myself, but the two talents are "close" for debating who is the RB1 on a Bengals all-time team.

And since Brooks is a subject in this thread, I might add he ran some great plays back in the day.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZmdCeELTFKdY_Kc7O_LT...0&usqp=CAU]

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - kalibengal - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.

I was a "yuge " Pete Johnson fan as a kid , love the raw power and size he brought but I have to say Corey Dillon
Will never forget that Denver game when he ran for 250 yds which was amazing and he just was a consistent hard running threat that always got positive yards and was sneaky fast.   

RE: Greatest Bengal RB of all time - THE PISTONS - 01-08-2024

(01-08-2024, 08:17 AM)Mer Wrote: If Mixon rushed every game of his career the way he does 1 to 2 games a year (look at yesterday's Cleveland game) he'd be my choice. With that said, Dillon all the way. He was one of the bright spots during a dark time in Bengaland.

I think Dillon was way better than Mixon too.

I kind of feel like Mixon is over-rated. Like he's above average, but not great. He isn't really a hr threat. Dillon could take it 70 yards at any time.

Mixon has only been above 4.1 ypc once in his career. And he rushed for 4.1 ypc 2 times. And 4 once.

Dillon was over 4.6 ypc 5 times.