Joe Mixon
James Brooks
Cory Dillon
Pete Johnson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengal RB of all time
4 choices Pete Johnson Most TD James Brooks Most combined rushing and Receiving Cory Dillon Most yards rushing Joe Mixon 2 in almost all categories
Reply/Quote
Imagine putting Dillon on those good 80’s teams, or 2021-22.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon. The guy was the only bright spot on so many dismal teams. Defenses knew he was getting the ball and he still kicked ass. I'm ready to see him go into the Ring of Honor for the 2024 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Him and one of the old guys:

- Montoya
- Parrish
- Fulcher
- Brooks
- Trumpy
- Krumrie

Take your pick.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Boobie Clark, because his name was Boobie
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Boobie Clark, because his name was Boobie

Wonder if Peter Berg was a fan.

[Image: s-l1600.png]

Reply/Quote
Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If Mixon rushed every game of his career the way he does 1 to 2 games a year (look at yesterday's Cleveland game) he'd be my choice. With that said, Dillon all the way. He was one of the bright spots during a dark time in Bengaland.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

I voted Dillon. He just looked dominate when running the ball even on bad Bengals teams. I hope he makes our Ring of Honor soon.

I also think Rudi belongs in the conversation, but would still vote Dillon.

Edit: Dillon would bring toughness to any all-time Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.

We never had a player on our team named Dillion.

(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

While Brooks would probably be #2, he's definitely not Dillon (nobody is).

And while we all loved Rudi, he's not even top 5.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dillon with Brooks as #2. I personally think Rudi is a bit overrated and would put Mixon above him, whom I also don't have very high.
Reply/Quote
Brooks as a third down back who can catch the ball would be great.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:27 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I voted for James Brooks — but Rudi Johnson needs to be considered too I think.

I seriously don't get the Rudi disrespect.  He was a beast for us.  While I would still vote for Dillon, Rudi 100% deserves to be in the conversation.
Reply/Quote
Corey ran for more yards per game. But James ran for more yards per carry. Brooks was just more exciting to watch to me, so it's him.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:23 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Corey ran for more yards per game.  But James ran for more yards per carry.  Brooks was just more exciting to watch to me, so it's him.

James Brooks and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: James Brooks and it's not even close.

How's it not close?

Dillon rushed for 8,061 yards in 107 games. Brooks rushed for 6,447 yards in 118 games. Dillon rushed for more TDs (45) compared to Brooks (37). Dillon (20) fumbled less than Brooks (37).

There are stats favoring Brooks (4.8) such as Y/A compared to Dillon's (4.3). I'm good with anyone voting Brooks as I almost did so myself, but the two talents are "close" for debating who is the RB1 on a Bengals all-time team.
Reply/Quote
And since Brooks is a subject in this thread, I might add he ran some great plays back in the day.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZmdCeELTFKdY_Kc7O_LT...0&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dillion was the best. He had a fair offensive line and still did well.

I was a "yuge " Pete Johnson fan as a kid , love the raw power and size he brought but I have to say Corey Dillon
Will never forget that Denver game when he ran for 250 yds which was amazing and he just was a consistent hard running threat that always got positive yards and was sneaky fast.   
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:17 AM)Mer Wrote: If Mixon rushed every game of his career the way he does 1 to 2 games a year (look at yesterday's Cleveland game) he'd be my choice. With that said, Dillon all the way. He was one of the bright spots during a dark time in Bengaland.

I think Dillon was way better than Mixon too.

I kind of feel like Mixon is over-rated. Like he's above average, but not great. He isn't really a hr threat. Dillon could take it 70 yards at any time.

Mixon has only been above 4.1 ypc once in his career. And he rushed for 4.1 ypc 2 times. And 4 once.

Dillon was over 4.6 ypc 5 times.
Reply/Quote