Joe Mixon
James Brooks
Cory Dillon
Pete Johnson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengal RB of all time
(01-08-2024, 11:51 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I was a "yuge " Pete Johnson fan as a kid , love the raw power and size he brought but I have to say Corey Dillon
Will never forget that Denver game when he ran for 250 yds which was amazing and he just was a consistent hard running threat that always got positive yards and was sneaky fast.   

Yet he couldn't get 2 yards when we needed it most. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dillon easily. If he was on probably any other team for the majority of his career, he would be an automatic Hall of Famer (barring injuries). For example when he left after 2003 season and signed with the Patriots, he had the best season of his career with 1635 yds and 12 tds (won a Super Bowl ring that year). That was his 8th season in the league too.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon, with James Brooks firmly in 2nd.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Dillon was way better than Mixon too.

I kind of feel like Mixon is over-rated. Like he's above average, but not great. He isn't really a hr threat. Dillon could take it 70 yards at any time.

Mixon has only been above 4.1 ypc once in his career. And he rushed for 4.1 ypc 2 times. And 4 once.

Dillon was over 4.6 ypc 5 times.

I'm with you. He's an average back at best in the NFL. You'd never know that listening to the announcers yesterday. They were gushing over Mixon and Boyd yesterday. I'm not trying to belittle Boyd's career in Cincinnati but ever since that drop in the Super Bowl (I believe his only drop of the season) he's steadily declined. Yesterday he looked like a player that's checked out. I'll give Mixon credit. He ran hard yesterday. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Yds from scrimmage rushing + receiving is relevant Mixon 2 TD Mixon 2 Mixon has passed Brooks for 1 with everything combined its razor thin Mixon 1 Brooks 2 Dillon 3 Pete 4 Ced 5 Rudi 6
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:16 AM)wcu Wrote: I seriously don't get the Rudi disrespect.  He was a beast for us.  While I would still vote for Dillon, Rudi 100% deserves to be in the conversation.

No disrespect for Rudi, there are just better RBs in our history.

(01-08-2024, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How's it not close?

Dillon rushed for 8,061 yards in 107 games. Brooks rushed for 6,447 yards in 118 games. Dillon rushed for more TDs (45) compared to Brooks (37). Dillon (20) fumbled less than Brooks (37).

There are stats favoring Brooks (4.8) such as Y/A compared to Dillon's (4.3). I'm good with anyone voting Brooks as I almost did so myself, but the two talents are "close" for debating who is the RB1 on a Bengals all-time team.

He has a personal grudge against CD that has nothing to do with their on-field play.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This has always been a tough one for me.

If you're talking about the best pure runner...it's Dillon.

If you're talking about the most complete back...it's Brooks. 

I guess it depends what you value more. I have to go Brooks because not only was he a very talented rusher, but also a tremendous receiver and outstanding blocker for his size. I can easily see why others would choose Dillon though. 
Reply/Quote
I went Dillon . . . loved watching James Brooks run . . . BUT . . . James Brooks had 30 fumbles in 7 full seasons as a Bengal, 7 fumbles in 1985 and 9 fumbles in 1989 the same season hit set his career high 1239 yards.

Mixon has 6 fumbles in 7 seasons and has 4 seasons with no fumbles, including his last two. That's pretty amazing for a guy that runs in a lot of traffic.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How's it not close?

Dillon rushed for 8,061 yards in 107 games. Brooks rushed for 6,447 yards in 118 games. Dillon rushed for more TDs (45) compared to Brooks (37). Dillon (20) fumbled less than Brooks (37).

There are stats favoring Brooks (4.8) such as Y/A compared to Dillon's (4.3). I'm good with anyone voting Brooks as I almost did so myself, but the two talents are "close" for debating who is the RB1 on a Bengals all-time team.

Because I watched them both play and IMO, which is what this thread is about... opinions.... Brooks was a much better RB than Dillon. Dillon was a more punishing runner, but Brooks was so smooth.
Reply/Quote
You know my answer.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because I watched them both play and IMO, which is what this thread is about... opinions.... Brooks was a much better RB than Dillon. Dillon was a more punishing runner, but Brooks was so smooth.

Likewise for watching both play and I nearly voted JB, but decided upon Dillon. I wouldn't consider any other Bengals RB for the top spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 01:51 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 4 choices Pete Johnson Most TD James Brooks Most combined rushing and Receiving  Cory Dillon Most yards rushing  Joe Mixon 2 in almost all categories

I nominate Cedrick Benson 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrO_Jibksu32HEShmhI-7...w&usqp=CAU] Sick
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I nominate Cedrick Benson 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrO_Jibksu32HEShmhI-7...w&usqp=CAU] Sick

...you think Benson is the greatest Bengals RB of all time? Man, that's an opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: ...you think Benson is the greatest Bengals RB of all time? Man, that's an opinion. 

He had the greatest playoff game and play of any RB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He had the greatest playoff game and play of any RB

I’ll definitely grant that. He was an absolute monster in that Jets game. Too bad no one else was.
Reply/Quote
who accidentally clicked joey mixon xD
Reply/Quote
watched some Dillon highlights and the main 2 things I see are:
He doesn't go down on the first, second, or 3rd hit
There are a lot of rules nowadays that didn't exist back then (blindside blocks, chop blocks), he had some huge carries because of both of those lol
Reply/Quote
James Brooks had 1239 yards @ 5.6 ypc at age 31. His career year.

Ickey Woods had 1066 yards @ 5.3 ypc that year too.
Reply/Quote
Brooks probably my fav Bengal RB, but it's Dillon for sure IMO.

Good list though.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if anyone is going to defend that lone vote for Mixon??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote