Joe Mixon
James Brooks
Cory Dillon
Pete Johnson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengal RB of all time
I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but his name was Corey, not Cory. Also, it blows my mind how many Bengals fans spell our best RB's name "Dillion".

Wouldn't that rhyme with million? That doesn't even sound like Dillon.

I'm going to start misspelling all yall's names.

BengalFrolic
Schmuck_101_
T-fine (kinda like t-pain after he healed from his injuries)
TecmoSteelers
THE BULLS
Forever Spinning CD's

How yall like it, eh? Buncha punks.

Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but his name was Corey, not Cory. Also, it blows my mind how many Bengals fans spell our best RB's name "Dillion".

BengalFrolic
Schmuck_101_
TecmoSteelers
THE BULLS
Forever Spinning CD's

Ninja

To my credit I spell it Brooks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
TecmoSteelers. Say What
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if anyone is going to defend that lone vote for Mixon??
I'm a Mixon guy, but it wasn't me. I saw, after I voted for Dillon, that someone had already voted for him
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To my credit I spell it Brooks

Now you're really going to fail the spelling test.

In all seriousness, I respect that answer because I respect Brooks, but to me, this is like Chad vs Curtis.

Dillon averaged more yards from scrimmage per game (89.2 to 80.2). Dillon played on the worst teams in our history while Brooks played on the arguably the best.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but his name was Corey, not Cory. Also, it blows my mind how many Bengals fans spell our best RB's name "Dillion".

BengalFrolic
Schmuck_101_
TecmoSteelers
THE BULLS
Forever Spinning CD's

Ninja

I mean, half the board still thinks Joe Burrows is our Quarterback.
Reply/Quote
Obviously Dillon but where Rudi!? He’s my number two. He was special for a couple years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm usually not a grammar nazi, but his name was Corey, not Cory. Also, it blows my mind how many Bengals fans spell our best RB's name "Dillion".

BengalFrolic
Schmuck_101_
TecmoSteelers
THE BULLS
Forever Spinning CD's

Ninja

Hey, I voted for Corey! LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 04:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now you're really going to fail the spelling test.

In all seriousness, I respect that answer because I respect Brooks, but to me, this is like Chad vs Curtis.

Dillon averaged more yards from scrimmage per game (89.2 to 80.2). Dillon played on the worst teams in our history while Brooks played on the arguably the best.

I don't have issue with folks picking Brooks or CD. The only time I balk is when folks pick one and assert it's not even close.

I will admit "being a good teammate" plays into my bias. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, Mixon got 1 vote lol

Yeah, of course I went with Dillon. Dude was pretty great at times, big, fast, physical and could carry a team and even make poor
OL play look better than it is because he could break tackles and make people miss.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I mean, half the board still thinks Joe Burrows is our Quarterback.

True, and that's a current player. That led us to a Super Bowl.

(01-11-2024, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't have issue with folks picking Brooks or CD. The only time I balk is when folks pick one and assert it's not even close.

I will admit "being a good teammate" plays into my bias. 

Super fair. To say Dillon didn't handle the losing well is an understatement. Also, Brooks was a great 2 way player.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: James Brooks and it's not even close.

JB gets my vote. Best all-purpose back we've ever had.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 07:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: JB gets my vote. Best all-purpose back we've ever had.

James Brooks was awesome as well, I understand those who voted for him.
Reply/Quote
So... was this thread actually all about confirming that either Joe Mixon or Joe Mixon's mother is a member on our board? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 04:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now you're really going to fail the spelling test.

That's the thing for me as well !! I mean Dillon was killing it on not only some of the worst teams in Bengal history, but some of the worst teams in NFL history.

Brooks was very good, and has been said I can respect people choosing him. But to me it's Dillon for sure.
Reply/Quote
Dillon smashed the single game record on a bad team when everyone knew he was the man to stop. There's no comparison.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is within 500 from passing Brooks and Dillon as the all time yds from scrimmage player in Bengal franchise history. He already has both beat in TD. I was the one who voted Mixon I have the stats to back it up You have to include playoffs which pro football reference does not
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mixon is within 500 from passing Brooks and Dillon as the all time yds from scrimmage player in Bengal franchise history. He already has both beat in TD. I was the one who voted Mixon I have the stats to back it up You have to include playoffs which pro football reference does not

So... he doesn't have them beat?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mixon is within 500 from passing Brooks and Dillon as the all time yds from scrimmage player in Bengal franchise history. He already has both beat in TD. I was the one who voted Mixon I have the stats to back it up You have to include playoffs which pro football reference does not

Weather he gets to hang around and pass those guys or not, he will never be perceived as being "greater" than either of those two.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 09:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the thing for me as well !! I mean Dillon was killing it on not only some of the worst teams in Bengal history, but some of the worst teams in NFL history.

Brooks was very good, and has been said I can respect people choosing him. But to me it's Dillon for sure.

Teams wouldn't stay in that cover 2 shell against Chase and Higgins for very long if Corey Dillon was on this modern Bengals team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote