Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview (/Thread-Panthers-Chargers-request-Callahan-Interview)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Shake n Blake - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 01:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, his appeal to a team with a young high draft pick QB is to mold that QB. 

Now if he went to WAS, LVR, NEP, SEA then sure. 

Agreed. I wasn't even thinking about Bryce Young. I pay zero attention to the Panthers.

In that case, he may just keep Dalton around if he goes to Carolina.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - pally - 01-11-2024

(01-10-2024, 02:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Pitcher is the obvious choice, but as bfine suggested in a post what if Callahan take Pitcher with him?

If Callahan leaves here, Dan Pitcher is his heir apparent as OC. He is under contract to the Bengals. Unless he expresses a serious desire to go work with Callahan as OC, the team isn’t releasing him

The bigger concern for Pitcher is him getting an OC opportunity before Callahan gets a HC gig. The team won’t stand in the way of a promotion opportunity they can’t give him. But that will leave an apparent void in the Bengals secondary succession plans

The positive if that happens is that there would be a long line of hot offensive minded coaches waiting to work with Burrow and company

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - pally - 01-11-2024

Every national NFL reporter is saying Belichick is out in New England. Mike Vrabel is expected to be the favorite for that job.

This leaves Mike Tomlin as the longest-tenured NFL coach followed by John Harbaugh. Crazy as it seems, Zac Taylor is now the 7th longest tenured NFL head coach

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - XenoMorph - 01-11-2024

(01-10-2024, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Kirwan and Pete Carrol are best of friends. He seems to indicate it wasn't Pete's idea. 

Thats what i figured...

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Synric - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 09:25 AM)pally Wrote: Every national NFL reporter is saying Belichick is out in New England.  Mike Vrabel is expected to be the favorite for that job.

This leaves Mike Tomlin as the longest-tenured NFL coach followed by John Harbaugh.  Crazy as it seems, Zac Taylor is now the 7th longest tenured NFL head coach

The Steelers didn't renew Tomlin's contract. There's rumors its because Mike Tomlin might pull a Sean Payton and take a year off.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Synric - 01-11-2024

(01-10-2024, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Kirwan and Pete Carrol are best of friends. He seems to indicate it wasn't Pete's idea. 

Seattle might be a bad landing spot with Pete Carroll forced out of the position but still there coaching as an "advisor". That's just inviting issues with the coaching staff. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Bengalion - 01-11-2024

I don't know why the Titans fired Vrabel. There aren’t many coaches around the league who have gotten more out of what they were given with than Vrabel. He took a team led by Ryan Tannehill to the No. 1 seed. He had losing seasons in 2022 and 2023, but only because his roster collapsed, due to free agent departures and injuries. I don’t think an average coach could have gotten six wins from this Tennessee squad like Vrabel did this year.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nicomo Cosca - 01-11-2024

Add the Falcons to the list.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - QueenCity - 01-11-2024

Got to think he gets 1 of these 4 jobs... but lots of HC talent turnover this year

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Lucius Cincinnatus - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 10:31 AM)Synric Wrote: The Steelers didn't renew Tomlin's contract. There's rumors its because Mike Tomlin might pull a Sean Payton and take a year off.

Tomlin still has a year on his contract so they have plenty of time to renew. Though I've seen those reports proposing his interest in taking a year off. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - TecmoBengals - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 08:56 AM)pally Wrote: If Callahan leaves here, Dan Pitcher is his heir apparent as OC. He is under contract to the Bengals. Unless he expresses a serious desire to go work with Callahan as OC, the team isn’t releasing him

The bigger concern for Pitcher is him getting an OC opportunity before Callahan gets a HC gig.  The team won’t stand in the way of a promotion opportunity they can’t give him. But that will leave an apparent void in the Bengals secondary succession plans

The positive if that happens is that there would be a long line of hot offensive minded coaches waiting to work with Burrow and company

I've posted I think Pitcher is the clear next OC for the Bengals. I also know he's under contract with the Bengals. I believe the Mike Brown way would be to hold him to that contract to the fullest extent. I speculate the Zac Taylor way would be to let Pitcher follow Callahan if it was what Pitcher desired.

If I'm Pitcher, I'd prefer to be the OC with a Burrow lead offense. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 04:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know, but Dalton turns 37 next season.

That's the million dollar question. I wonder what the Bengals will ask for him? Asking a 1st would be nuts, imo. A 2nd maybe. Or a 2nd and a 4th would probably be more than fair.

I do think the guy has earned a shot somewhere and he's probably better than a few starters, but that's not something any team will give a 1st for.

The Chiefs once traded Matt Cassell AND Mike Vrabel for a (high) 2nd, and that was after a better season than what Browning just had.

Good thoughts on if Brian went to another team if he would trade for Jake and yes, Andy is getting up there and teams do do crazy trades
at times. A 2nd and a 4th for Jake I think would be more than fair as you say Shake. Brian will need a QB that can run his Offense and Jake
clearly could be that for him while the young QB there develops.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 02:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've posted I think Pitcher is the clear next OC for the Bengals. I also know he's under contract with the Bengals. I believe the Mike Brown way would be to hold him to that contract to the fullest extent. I speculate the Zac Taylor way would be to let Pitcher follow Callahan if it was what Pitcher desired.

Nice thoughts Tecmo, I have heard a lot of good things about Pitcher, maybe HE is the answer as our Play Caller while Zac steps back 
and does his thing as a communicator and HC. Still believe too many minds are in the room right now, need an OC to praise or blame.

Accountability is something we NEED to have here. Just like Pollack needs to be accountable for the OL not being good with all the 
additions. We need to move on from him and add a new mind.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - jj22 - 01-11-2024

I think if Callahan goes, a tag and trade of Tee to his team is more likely then Browning going. A Browning trade would depend on the team and their qb situation. Tee trade would fit nearly anywhere he goes.

(01-11-2024, 03:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think if Callahan goes, a tag and trade of Tee to his team is more likely then Browning going. A Browning trade would depend on the team and their qb situation. Tee trade would fit nearly anywhere he goes.

Probably correct as far as the likelihood in both situations.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - PhilHos - 01-12-2024

(01-11-2024, 02:26 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've posted I think Pitcher is the clear next OC for the Bengals. I also know he's under contract with the Bengals. I believe the Mike Brown way would be to hold him to that contract to the fullest extent. I speculate the Zac Taylor way would be to let Pitcher follow Callahan if it was what Pitcher desired.

Well, don't forget NFL rules prohibit teams from keeping coaches from leaving for other teams if it's a step up from their current position. So, if the Bengals do NOT promote Pitcher to OC, then any other team could offer him their OC position and the Bengals can't do squat to stop it.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - jj22 - 01-12-2024

Vrabel not replacing Bill in NE......

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - XenoMorph - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Vrabel not replacing Bill in NE......

Jared Mayo is IN i believe they had a planned succession in place   (Like Hue was reportedly gonna be for marvin before he ran off to make cleveland suffer)

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jared Mayo is IN i believe they had a planned succession in place   (Like Hue was reportedly gonna be for marvin before he ran off to make cleveland suffer)

Interesting. Hmm

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Synric - 01-12-2024

Patriots don't have a GM yet either right?

Edit: Trey Brown might be a candidate there since he worked there before he came to Cincy.