Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, cannot have the 2 highest paid Receivers ever on the same team. Not happening unless they both took major discounts
and waited a year or two on Ja'Marr and that isn't happening either. If it is a long term contract they are talking about I bet it
is Ja'Marr's contract with us, not Tee's.

Tee's tag is more than Jefferson's salary this year. Just sayin'. 

But this makes no sense otherwise. What, Minny will pay Tee $25 but won't pay Jefferson $30+? They aren't paying Cousins. 

The only way it makes a lick of sense is if JJ told them he is gone next year no matter what. 

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:38 PM)pulses Wrote: Some may not but I'd be happy with Pearsall in round 2.

From everything I've seen and heard about Ricky Pearsall, he's mainly a slot guy.
His athletic profile mirrors Chris Olave, but NFL.com has his NFL comparison as Alex Erickson.
I wouldn't be mad about the pick, personally.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - jj22 - 03-12-2024

Readers next team is likely waiting on the physical and medical check which they can't do until tomorrow. I wouldn't consider the delay a sign he's returning. The opposite actually since the Bengals already have his medical.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Rotobeast - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did hear rumblings about JJ not being happy in Minny. But that I guess doesn't matter, if they make him the highest paid WR ever.

If I'm not mistaken, JJ made a statement about whether Cousins was retained, and it how that would affect his desire to stay in Minny.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From everything I've seen and heard about Ricky Pearsall, he's mainly a slot guy.
His athletic profile mirrors Chris Olave, but NFL.com has his NFL comparison as Alex Erickson.
I wouldn't be mad about the pick, personally.

You can't always go by comparisons if you watched him at the senior bowl toast guys on the outside and in the film room he can play outside as well as inside......some of the best hands in this draft class as well.....reminds me of Cooper Kupp in a way but much faster. I just think he's being undervalued as far as being able to play outside.

(03-12-2024, 05:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, JJ made a statement about whether Cousins was retained, and it how that would affect his desire to stay in Minny.

If JJ and Chae would both play for 25/yr I could see Cincy trading Tee and a pick/s for JJ.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - jj22 - 03-12-2024

JJ let his preference known when before the game he openly wore a Burrow, Chase, JJ jersey. Say it means nothing, but what if Boyd wore a Steelers jersey before a game against the Steelers while he was inactive.....

JJ wants a reunion, that we've long known.

(03-12-2024, 05:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, JJ made a statement about whether Cousins was retained, and it how that would affect his desire to stay in Minny.

If JJ and Chase would both play for 25/yr I could see Cincy trading Tee and a pick/s for JJ.

(03-12-2024, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Readers next team is likely waiting on the physical and medical check which they can't do until tomorrow. I wouldn't consider the delay a sign he's returning. The opposite actually since the Bengals already have his medical.

If Reader leaves we're hurting BAD.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:46 PM)pulses Wrote: If JJ and Chase would both play for 25/yr I could see Cincy trading Tee and a pick/s for JJ.

25 million wont get it done.  The Bengals could pay them both 30 million or a little more and that is probably more realistic.  I dont see it happening though.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: BTJ is someone I would love to see as a Higgins replacement, provided the Bengals either can get a solid RT in FA or in the 2nd round.
My worry with waiting to get a RT in the draft but not in the 1st round is I don't see many plug and play guys outside of Rd 1.
Suamataia from BYU probably the last guy on the prospect rankings I would consider as someone who could start Day 1 and be serviceable or better.

I feel better about the Day 2 WRs than I do about the Day 2 RTs in this draft class.

Absolutely. There are really only 2 Day 1 DTs. 

(03-12-2024, 05:46 PM)pulses Wrote: If JJ and Chae would both play for 25/yr I could see Cincy trading Tee and a pick/s for JJ.
I could see Burrow re-doing his contract to make it happen. It'd probably take $27m each.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 25 million wont get it done.  The Bengals could pay them both 30 million or a little more and that is probably more realistic.  I dont see it happening though.

Hill got 30. Even chase has said if he and JJ were to reunite they’d both have to take a haircut.

We’d probably have to give up our 1st, Tee and a 2nd next year.

Vikings have no QB, they’re rebuilding. Ok that’s all I got for reason it would work. I have a million why it won’t.

(03-12-2024, 05:38 PM)pulses Wrote: Some may not but I'd be happy with Pearsall in round 2.

In a situation where Reader is back and so is Higgins/WR2, yep. I'd be thrilled. I take Pearsall all the time in mocks. 

OT, WR, then TE/CB/DT, whichever has the best value. 

FWIW, we have Chase for 2 more years until an extension kicks in. We would not be in 30/30 land until 2026.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:47 PM)pulses Wrote: If Reader leaves we're hurting BAD.

Exactly.  We needed to add another run stuffer and pass rusher last year.   Without Reader the defense gets even more ridiculous.   BJ Hill and Zack Carter with Jay Tufele and Travis Bell as the rotational guys wont be able to hold up against Baltimore or Cleveland's running game.  It will get ugly

(03-12-2024, 05:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, we have Chase for 2 more years until an extension kicks in. We would not be in 30/30 land until 2026.
And we could frontload JJ to make it work.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Stewy - 03-12-2024

You people with this JJ to the Bengals thing are just absolutely high. That is all.

(03-12-2024, 06:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: You people with this JJ to the Bengals thing are just absolutely high. That is all.
*passes bayou blunt*

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: You people with this JJ to the Bengals thing are just absolutely high.  That is all.

I think some are just having fun it...like Tyler Eifert. LOL