Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
Tee and a 2nd for JJ.LOL Still have JaMarr cheap for two more years even if they extend him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk if this guy is Jordan’s brother or what, but…

it will be about tee's contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:56 PM)yang Wrote: it will be about tee's contract.

Yes, Could be a Tee long term contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Yes, Could be a Tee long term contract.

Or why he didn't get contract. 

Or what other players we might be getting.

Or about girl he met while ice skating in the bahamas, lol.
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
A resigning of Tee and even DJ would be a let down if we don’t do anything else big. Would be great keeping those guys but we’d still be a last place team in this division. We have to do something drastic on the o line to keep Joe healthy. Another season ending injury would be it
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:10 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Hopefully, the story of Tee to MIN for JJ, LSU reunion,  win SB in New Orleans! Ninja
Who Dey Tiger

[Image: 20240312-141758.jpg]

Most of this board thinks we can't afford to keep both Tee and Chase, but somehow we can afford JJ and Chase????
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:56 PM)yang Wrote: it will be about tee's contract.

It will be about his baby mama who has been coming after him year after year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Most of this board thinks we can't afford to keep both Tee and Chase, but somehow we can afford JJ and Chase????

lol, Chase and Jefferson are going to take discounts. It’s like a discount doublecheck 2 for 1 situation.
Reply/Quote
https://x.com/tylereifert/status/1767642820813181311?s=20

Eifert is joining in saying he has sources of Justin Jefferson to Cincy.

This seems like crazy talk.  I don't see how they could make it work money-wise.
That said, it would certainly be entertaining.

I also saw someone post on X that DJ Reader is going to San Fran. The source is not legitimate though.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Most of this board thinks we can't afford to keep both Tee and Chase, but somehow we can afford JJ and Chase????

and why would Minnesota trade Jefferson to get Tee Higgins in return.  Does that sound like a good deal for Minnesota?  If you had Jefferson on your team would you trade him for Tee Higgins?  I dont see it happening.  This big news they cant wait to reveal is probably Higgins signing a long term contract.  That would be my guess.
Reply/Quote

Obviously, it's a pipe dream. A man can dream, right lol?  Cool
Ja'Marr and his posts just add fuel to the fantasy fire. 
It's fun to imagine a LSU reunion though, with a storybook ending in NO.  Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, cannot have the 2 highest paid Receivers ever on the same team. Not happening unless they both took major discounts
and waited a year or two on Ja'Marr and that isn't happening either. If it is a long term contract they are talking about I bet it
is Ja'Marr's contract with us, not Tee's.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, cannot have the 2 highest paid Receivers ever on the same team. Not happening unless they both took major discounts
and waited a year or two on Ja'Marr and that isn't happening either. If it is a long term contract they are talking about I bet it
is Ja'Marr's contract with us, not Tee's.

That's not a bad guess either.  Could be Ja'Marr's contract

edit: The only thing about a contract extension for Ja'Marr is the Bengals have a bunch of other needs right now and if they gave Ja'Marr an extension right now, they probably couldnt address the other holes on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: and why would Minnesota trade Jefferson to get Tee Higgins in return.  Does that sound like a good deal for Minnesota?  If you had Jefferson on your team would you trade him for Tee Higgins?  I dont see it happening.  This big news they cant wait to reveal is probably Higgins signing a long term contract.  That would be my guess.

Did hear rumblings about JJ not being happy in Minny. But that I guess doesn't matter, if they make him the highest paid WR ever
I think that would cure any rumblings lol

(03-12-2024, 05:25 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Obviously, it's a pipe dream. A man can dream, right lol?  Cool
Ja'Marr and his posts just add fuel to the fantasy fire. 
It's fun to imagine a LSU reunion though, with a storybook ending in NO.  Tiger

Maybe we bring in Terrace Marshall eh?

I think that is about as close of a LSU reunion as we could get along with Drafting Brian Thomas Jr at 18.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:21 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: and why would Minnesota trade Jefferson to get Tee Higgins in return.  Does that sound like a good deal for Minnesota?  If you had Jefferson on your team would you trade him for Tee Higgins?  I dont see it happening.  This big news they cant wait to reveal is probably Higgins signing a long term contract.  That would be my guess.

To get something in return before he walks. They pay less for Tee and we send them Browning in the deal since they need a QB, plus picks. Ninja (some of y'all would ruin a wet dream)

It's that time of year. We're bored and having fun imagining the possibilities! Lighten up everyone.  Cool
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did hear rumblings about JJ not being happy in Minny. But that I guess doesn't matter, if they make him the highest paid WR ever
I think that would cure any rumblings lol

Maybe we bring in Terrace Marshall eh?

I think that is about as close of a LSU reunion as we could get along with Drafting Brian Thomas Jr at 18.

BTJ is someone I would love to see as a Higgins replacement, provided the Bengals either can get a solid RT in FA or in the 2nd round.
My worry with waiting to get a RT in the draft but not in the 1st round is I don't see many plug and play guys outside of Rd 1.
Suamataia from BYU probably the last guy on the prospect rankings I would consider as someone who could start Day 1 and be serviceable or better.

I feel better about the Day 2 WRs than I do about the Day 2 RTs in this draft class.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: BTJ is someone I would love to see as a Higgins replacement, provided the Bengals either can get a solid RT in FA or in the 2nd round.
My worry with waiting to get a RT in the draft but not in the 1st round is I don't see many plug and play guys outside of Rd 1.
Suamataia from BYU probably the last guy on the prospect rankings I would consider as someone who could start Day 1 and be serviceable or better.

I feel better about the Day 2 WRs than I do about the Day 2 RTs in this draft class.

Some may not but I'd be happy with Pearsall in round 2.
Reply/Quote
Source: The #49ers are adding a defensive tackle, agreeing to terms with #Browns DT Jordan Elliott on a 2-year, $10M deal done by agent
@Malkikawa and Ethan Lock of @FirstRoundMgmt.

DJ Reader still in play for us. I know the Lions are still interested and a couple other teams.
Reply/Quote