Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** (/Thread-NFL-Free-Agency-News-Signings-Thread)

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Huh?
Did the AFC North do a big move I'm not aware of?

Ravens haven't added anyone that wasn't on their team last year.
Russell Wilson isn't the same guy he was in his championship years in SEA, so I'm not seeing a big upgrade for PIT.
About the only impactful addition was Jerry Jeudy to Browns, but they've had other competent WR2s on the team before and it really didn't make them have a good passing attack.

Bengals are still among the division favorites with a fully healthy Burrow and the same guys they had last year.
They'll have a couple departures, but they have plenty of opportunity to add quality players in those spots.
It's not like RT or TE had lights out performance last year that they can't find someone of the same caliber or better still with who is left.

We still got time this week to see what additions happen.

I'm not getting on board with the previous window closed statement, but I will disagree with the bolded bit specifically. Pickett is really really bad. Even a washed Russell Wilson is a huge improvement over Pickett. Pickett is averaging 9 TDs and 9 INTs per 17 games. He is well below average completion %, a pathetic 6.3 yards per attempt, and just 179 passing yards per game.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SouthernStripes - 03-11-2024

Quote:Free-agent guard Robert Hunt plans to sign with the Panthers, per source. 5-year, $100 million deal,$63 mil guaranteed

Per Schefter

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SouthernStripes - 03-11-2024

Quote:Former Raiders free agent DT Bilal Nichols reached agreement on a three-year, $21 million deal that includes $14.4 million guaranteed with the Arizona Cardinals, per source.

Per Schefter

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - yang - 03-11-2024

IT could easily be a few days before the Bengals make signings. No big deal. I do expect a serviceable RT and some decent DT signings. Probably a corner and safety. Maybe a punter.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Goalpost - 03-11-2024

I wanted Robert Hunt

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-11-2024

IDK who DT Bilal Nichols is but he just signed with ARZ for 3@ 21Mil

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Au165 - 03-11-2024

People need to relax. I saw a graphic earlier that showed the top 12 free agents in the 2022 class and 9 of 12 had already been cut and the other 3 frankly hadn't been that impressive. I think only one of them had really worked out decently for the new team.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I wanted Robert Hunt

Not for 100 million LOL

Panthers GM makes Duke look like Howie Roseman in comparison

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not getting on board with the previous window closed statement, but I will disagree with the bolded bit specifically. Pickett is really really bad. Even a washed Russell Wilson is a huge improvement over Pickett. Pickett is averaging 9 TDs and 9 INTs per 17 games.

We'll have to see what Wilson ultimately does, but he hasn't even hit 4000 yards in a season since 2020.
Steelers will continue to be good, but I don't think Wilson will be as much of a difference maker as you may think.

Who should the Bengals have signed that got signed by another team, and at that deal or higher?

Getting someone like Christian Wilkins was not going to happen.
Bengals are trying to find budget-friendly guys to round out their core, not drop a big amount of money on someone new.
They got too many positions to backfill.

***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown, is that you?  Ninja

Hardly, lol. I was very vocal about how ebenezer handled free agency. I like how we’ve operated the last few years much better.

Both of my preferred targets are still out there. But after seeing the hunt deal I’m doubtful we get either one. Regardless, still guys out there that will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 03-11-2024

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalion - 03-11-2024

The Orlando Brown signing came out of nowhere last year, nobody saw that coming. Lot of good players still avaliable, relax.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 03-11-2024

<

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We'll have to see what Wilson ultimately does, but he hasn't even hit 4000 yards in a season since 2020.
Steelers will continue to be good, but I don't think Wilson will be as much of a difference maker as you may think.

Who should the Bengals have signed that got signed by another team, and at that deal or higher?

Getting someone like Christian Wilkins was not going to happen.
Bengals are trying to find budget-friendly guys to round out their core, not drop a big amount of money on someone new.
They got too many positions to backfill.

Pickett 17 game average:
62.6% Completion, 3,042 yards (6.3 AVG), 9 TD/9 INT, 78.8 QB Rating

Russell Wilson 17 game average with Broncos:
63.3% Completion, 3,737 yards (7.1 AVG), 24 TD/11 INT, 90.9 QB Rating

It's hard to get across how incompetent Pickett has been as a QB. Even an aggressively mediocre washed Wilson is WAY WAY better.

- - - - - - -

The Bengals should have signed one of the decent affordable IOL. Mitch Morse 2yr/$10.5m, Andre James 3yr/$24m, Graham Glasgow 3yr/$20m. Would have allowed them to either replace Volson outright or replace Karras so he could slide back over to LG to replace Volson.

I also would have liked the Gabe Davis at his 3yr/$39m deal.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: ...Bengals are still among the division favorites with a fully healthy Burrow and the same guys they had last year.
They'll have a couple departures, but they have plenty of opportunity to add quality players in those spots.
It's not like RT or TE had lights out performance last year that they can't find someone of the same caliber or better still with who is left...

The Bengals have no chance if they dont upgrade the talent on defense.  At minimum they need a couple of DTs, they need a safety, they need a CB just to be competitive.  Its doubtful this could be done through the draft alone.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalholic - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pickett 17 game average:
62.6% Completion, 3,042 yards (6.3 AVG), 9 TD/9 INT, 78.8 QB Rating

Russell Wilson 17 game average with Broncos:
63.3% Completion, 3,737 yards (7.1 AVG), 24 TD/11 INT, 90.9 QB Rating

It's hard to get across how incompetent Pickett has been as a QB. Even an aggressively mediocre washed Wilson is WAY WAY better.

- - - - - - -

The Bengals should have signed one of the decent IOL. Mitch Morse 2yr/$10.5m, Andre James 3yr/$24m, Graham Glasgow 3yr/$20m. Would have allowed them to either replace Volson outright or replace Karras so he could slide back over to LG to replace Volson.

I also would have liked the Gabe Davis at his 3yr/$39m deal.

Ok so maybe the Steelers get 1-2 more wins. They got 3 of their 10 wins from Rudolph.
Not enough to make them championship-caliber, IMO.

As for signing an IOL, you and I both know that wasn't going to happen.
They are not going to demote Volson, Karras, or Cappa.
The only spot open on the OL is RT.

Bengals weren't going to sign an expensive WR like Davis while also paying the tag for Higgins.

Could those have been upgrades? Sure.
Were they realistically ever going to happen? Nah.

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - pulses - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 04:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK who DT Bilal Nichols is but he just signed with ARZ for 3@ 21Mil

pff 51 and 55 the last 2 years no wonder AZ keeps sucking lol

RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nepa - 03-11-2024

According to his agent, Alex Essex, the Falcons have agreed to terms with TE Charlie Woerner. A three-year deal worth $12 million.

(03-11-2024, 04:42 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals have no chance if they dont upgrade the talent on defense.  At minimum they need a couple of DTs, they need a safety, they need a CB just to be competitive.  Its doubtful this could be done through the draft alone.

Or...they actually give some faith in their two young, high draft picks at DB and those guys actually do, ya know, grow.
Crazy thought I know that a high draft pick actually does improve after their first year of starting.

They need to address their actual holes before worrying about upgrades to other positions.
That would be RT, NT, and TE1 before worrying about DB.