Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-11-2024, 03:53 PM)Synric Wrote: The Running Back market could be an indication of how the league feels about this year's RB Draft Class. 

and compared to other positions, 12.5 million per year isnt a huge number.  How valued are RBs when 12.5 million per year seems insane for one of the top free agents
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Always amazes me how players can have agreements minutes into the "legal tampering" period. Is there a hidden "barely legal tampering" period that I don't know about?

Yes, it's called the week at the scouting combine.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: I hope it is. This is actually a good RB draft class if you are in the market for hard hitting power style backs. Rds 3/4 will be a good place to get one (Benson, Estime, etc.). 

It's suggesting the opposite.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t be surprised if Mixon is traded for a 4th or 5th rounder.

I'd be good with getting a 4th or 5th round pick for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it's called the week at the scouting combine.  Ninja

Cocktail hour with the GMs, agents, and whatever Duke's title is. 
Reply/Quote
So far this free agency is working out well for us as far as I’m concerned. Wilkens signing here was a pipe dream. Same for Jacobs or Barkley imho.

Teams are burning through their space and there several players out there that can help.

Of course in 5 to 48 hours from I could be singing a different tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So far this free agency is working out well for us as far as I’m concerned.  Wilkens signing here was a pipe dream.  Same for Jacobs or Barkley imho.  

Teams are burning through their space and there several players out there that can help.  

Of course in 5 to 48 hours from I could be singing a different tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Brown, is that you?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hate to say it but the window might be closed. AFC north is continuing to get stacked while the Bengals do nothing.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 86087547.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: Hate to say it but the window might be closed. AFC north is continuing to get stacked while the Bengals do nothing.

[Image: i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Quote:After reaching agreement today with free-agent RB Josh Jacobs, the Packers informed RB Aaron Jones that he is being released, per source. Jones now will be a free agent.

Quote:Not a great RB draft. One reason why these vet RB’s are flying off the board. - Daniel Jeremiah
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown, is that you?  Ninja

Could be Hobson.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif]
Pretty sure the only thing he hated was waiting 3 hours into FA before he felt comfortable posting it. They usually come after about 30 minutes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t be surprised if Mixon is traded for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Maybe if we throw in a 3rd rounder
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Now this is a surprise cut.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Just hitting F5 waiting to see the tread titled "Welcome ________ "
Reply/Quote
Interesting quote you have from Daniel Jeremiah.

"Not a great RB draft. One reason why these vet RB’s are flying off the board. - Daniel Jeremiah"
Reply/Quote
Quote:The #Vikings are signing Minnesota native and LB Blake Cashman to a three-year deal worth up to $25.5 million, his agent @blakebaratz of @TeamIFA tells me and @RapSheet.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 04:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: Hate to say it but the window might be closed. AFC north is continuing to get stacked while the Bengals do nothing.

Huh?
Did the AFC North do a big move I'm not aware of?

Ravens haven't added anyone that wasn't on their team last year.
Russell Wilson isn't the same guy he was in his championship years in SEA, so I'm not seeing a big upgrade for PIT.
About the only impactful addition was Jerry Jeudy to Browns, but they've had other competent WR2s on the team before and it really didn't make them have a good passing attack.

Bengals are still among the division favorites with a fully healthy Burrow and the same guys they had last year.
They'll have a couple departures, but they have plenty of opportunity to add quality players in those spots.
It's not like RT or TE had lights out performance last year that they can't find someone of the same caliber or better still with who is left.

We still got time this week to see what additions happen.

And besides, the window is about the Super Bowl. Bengals can do damage in the playoffs even if a wildcard. They don't necessarily need to be the best in the AFC North in the regular season to get back to the SB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote