Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
Always amazes me how players can have agreements minutes into the "legal tampering" period. Is there a hidden "barely legal tampering" period that I don't know about?
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
Quote:The #Eagles have agreed to terms with RB Saquon Barkley, sources tell me and @RapSheet.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That Barkley contact is INSANE….

Are people still wanting to cut Mixon?
Reply/Quote
Saquon Barkley to Eagles. Antonio Gibson to Patriots. - Per Rapoport
Reply/Quote
NFL.com was saying Josh Jacobs to the packers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:45 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: That Barkley contact is INSANE….

What are the numbers on the Barkley contract?
Reply/Quote
Quote:The #Eagles have agreed to terms with RB Saquon Barkley, sources tell me and @RapSheet. 

Quote:It's a 3-year, $37.75M deal for Saquon Barkley and the #Eagles. Philly pays top of the market for a RB.

Per Rapsheet 
Reply/Quote

Mixon's original contract wasn't much less but the salary cap at rhr time was alot less....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Saquon Barkley to Eagles. Antonio Gibson to Patriots. - Per Rapoport

Mixon cut has to come in 6 days to avoid the bonus but it seems less likely it is happening since they didn't sign a free agent, yet.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Former Packers guard Jon Runyan reached agreement on a three-year deal with the New York Giants for $30 million, including $17 million guaranteed at signing. The deal was confirmed by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Kyle Lincoln.

Per Schefter
Reply/Quote
Cards sign CB Sean Murphy-Bunting, per Garafolo.
Reply/Quote

The Mixon cut is more about his utter inability to make the first defender miss and/or break the first tackle than it is about money from the fan perspective. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Mixon's original contract wasn't much less but the salary cap at rhr time was alot less....

And if Mixon hadn’t taken a pay cut he wouldn’t be a Bengal still, but on their current deals Barkley is not worth the minimum extra 3 million more.

People were well off thinking with all these RBS available it would be a buyers market, hope the same doesn’t apply for the safeties.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:51 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: And if Mixon hadn’t taken a pay cut he wouldn’t be a Bengal still, but on their current deals Barkley is not worth the minimum extra 3 million more.

People were well off thinking with all these RBS available it would be a buyers market, hope the same doesn’t apply for the safeties.

The Running Back market could be an indication of how the league feels about this year's RB Draft Class. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Quote:Former Dolphins LB Andrew Van Ginkel agreed to terms on a 2-year deal with the Vikings for $20 million, including $14 million guaranteed. The deal was confirmed by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Ryan Matha.

Per Schefter
Reply/Quote
Eagles going all out with the Barkley signing. Also will be a popular signing, as he lived in PA (although born in NYC) and played at Penn State.
Reply/Quote
Don’t be surprised if Mixon is traded for a 4th or 5th rounder.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:53 PM)Synric Wrote: The Running Back market could be an indication of how the league feels about this year's RB Draft Class. 

I hope it is. This is actually a good RB draft class if you are in the market for hard hitting power style backs. Rds 3/4 will be a good place to get one (Benson, Estime, etc.). 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: Eagles going all out with the Barkley signing. Also will be a popular signing, as he lived in PA (although born in NYC) and played at Penn State.

He better be comfy pushing the tushie for the money he's getting.
Reply/Quote
Come on Bengals. Sign Ekelar to a 2 year deal.
Reply/Quote