Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-11-2024, 03:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Starting to worry a bit.

With your user name, I assume you've been worrying all-things Bengals since 1995.

Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Early days but thought we would have had one of those top end safeties signed up by now.

Bengals all over all the cap space in the world but slow as **** to go spend it.

I'd say that they're likely busy as hell on two fronts right now, negotiating with that CB from the Commanders and fielding calls from trade offers for Tee Higgins.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 02:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: As long as the stupid funding rule exists we are going to be hampered. It isn't the guarantee itself (heck our track record of paying players the whole contract speaks for that) but the escrow requirement means teams need to be rolling in cash well over the usual signing bonus at the time of signing. 

Bumping this as it's a very important comment to remember in light of the 2nd and 3rd wave of free agency. As money dries up, as does guaranteed deals.  We may have more grey hairs the next few days, but let's see where we are by then.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that they're likely busy as hell on two fronts right now, negotiating with that CB from the Commanders and fielding calls from trade offers for Tee Higgins.

I'd be disappointed if Duke was sitting with his feet propped up on the desk while sipping an iced latte and surfing the net for news about free agency signings.
Reply/Quote
I'd be cool with having Vonn Bell back - he was the safety back there calling the alignments in 21 and 22.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:09 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: [quote pid='1461992' dateline='1710180587']
Jets free-agent DE Bryce Huff is signing a three-year, $51.1 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles once free agency opens, per sources. The deal will make Huff the highest-paid non-QB undrafted free agent in NFL history, per sources.

Quote:Per Rapsheet

[/quote]

Wonder what PHI wants for Reddick or Sweat? Cool
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'd be cool with having Vonn Bell back - he was the safety back there calling the alignments in 21 and 22.

Guess I wouldn't be against it. But Battle is our Strong Safety now, we will learn the plan on Defense as FA goes on with what we 
want to do. Us being interested in Kendall Fuller makes me think we are okay in letting Chido go.
Reply/Quote
365 days ago we were having the same comments, and we signed Orlando brown that first night of legal tampering.

Relax
Reply/Quote
Wonder what PHI wants for Reddick or Sweat? Cool
[/quote]

Would love to add Reddick or Sweat. That sure would improve our pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 365 days ago we were having the same comments, and we signed Orlando brown that first night of legal tampering.

Relax

True. I am not worried.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
Quote:Free agent QB Kirk Cousins has agreed to terms on a deal with the #Falcons, per his agent @MikeMcCartney7.

Per Ari
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I guess none of these teams have a Hobson informing them they have no money to spend.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess none of these teams have a Hobson informing them they have no money to spend.

LOL…. The sky is falling
Reply/Quote
Cousins to ATL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 365 days ago we were having the same comments, and we signed Orlando brown that first night of legal tampering.

Relax

Brown is the one that contacted the Bengals because he was pi$$ed at K.C.  The Bengals lucked in to that one.  If not for Brown signing with the Bengals last year what would anyone say about the job the Bengals did in free agency last year?  They did a horrible job.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess none of these teams have a Hobson informing them they have no money to spend.

By swapping 7ths we can make that happen for one lucky team.
Reply/Quote
The NEW worst free Agency ever.

But not really. We're going to start hemoreging talent either way. Missing out on IOL sucks ass though.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:32 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Brown is the one that contacted the Bengals because he was pi$$ed at K.C.  The Bengals lucked in to that one.  If not for Brown signing with the Bengals last year what would anyone say about the job the Bengals did in free agency last year?  They did a horrible job.

Yup. Brown kind of fell into their lap. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: LOL…. The sky is falling

Not a comment on what the Bengals are doing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:34 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The NEW worst free Agency ever.

But not really. We're going to start hemoreging talent either way. Missing out on IOL sucks ass though.

It's not so bad, still plenty out there.  It seems annoying since it's hard to keep up with multiple FA threads and the Tee threads keep rising up.
Reply/Quote