Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon released; Zack Moss signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon released; Zack Moss signed (/Thread-Mixon-released-Zack-Moss-signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Mixon released; Zack Moss signed - Trademark - 03-11-2024

Bengals release Mixon and sign Zack Moss

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Nicomo Cosca - 03-11-2024

Someone check on Soonerpeace.

Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - El guapo - 03-11-2024

I'm gonna miss that dude.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - NUGDUKWE - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals release Mixon and sign Zach Moss

Did they officially release Mixon?

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Brownshoe - 03-11-2024

Actually surprised they released Mixon. I haven't seen anything official though

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Rubekahn29 - 03-11-2024

Losing Mixon hurts, but I agree with it. He’s been the heart and soul since he got here. Wish him well. Any thoughts on if Moss is an upgrade?

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Synric - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Actually surprised they released Mixon. I haven't seen anything official though

(03-11-2024, 11:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Actually surprised they released Mixon. I haven't seen anything official though

Just saw it. Schefter reported it.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - FormerlyBengalRugby - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:12 PM)El guapo Wrote: I'm gonna miss that dude.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Amazed.

I would have expected that after the draft, unless it was negotiated in the "restructuring" last season.

Bengals have had a history of doing RB's dirty.

His time was near an end though.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - TecmoBengals - 03-11-2024

His name is Zack Moss. Wink

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Nicomo Cosca - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:16 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Amazed.

I would have expected that after the draft, unless it was negotiated in the "restructuring" last season.

Bengals have had a history of doing RB's dirty.

His time was near an end though.

They didn’t do him dirty. They drafted him in the 2nd round when most teams completely took him off their boards.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Au165 - 03-11-2024

This was a good swap.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - QueenCity - 03-11-2024

Love the Zach Moss move - A+

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Essex Johnson - 03-11-2024

Mixon had a good career, understand the move but Moss does not seem like a good exchange but he is cheaper, hopefully we draft a RB also

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - TecmoBengals - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:18 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Love the Zach Moss move - A+

Ahem. Zack Moss.

(03-11-2024, 11:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Losing Mixon hurts, but I agree with it. He’s been the heart and soul since he got here. Wish him well. Any thoughts on if Moss is an upgrade?

Yeah I'm gonna have mixed feelings with moving on from Mixon. Hard to say if Moss is an upgrade. He flashed some last year but not consistently and hard to compare another team's run game. But probably the most disappointing is not all that much of a savings for us. Only a little over a million I'm guessing with Mixons dead money. But it was a move that would be coming in a years time anyway I suppose.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Bengalbug - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Losing Mixon hurts, but I agree with it. He’s been the heart and soul since he got here. Wish him well. Any thoughts on if Moss is an upgrade?

No I don’t think moss is an upgrade. It’s likely a wash at best. Hopefully moss can stay healthy… Derrick Henry would have been an upgrade, in 1024 at least.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - BengalsLUFC - 03-11-2024

Gonna go on a rant here.

Regardless of if you think it’s the right decision to release him or not.

Could they not have done it at the start of the day not at 10pm on the first day of free agency.

Teams will have already filled spots and it leaves Joe with several less possibilities.

He gave us some great memories and didn’t deserve to get the shit end of the stick like this.

It’s bullshit tbh.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Luvnit2 - 03-11-2024

A lot of fans called for this move. We will miss his ball security, almost flawless. Mixon was not a great pass blocker, not sure of Moss.

It appears this will be around a net gain in cap space of 2 million in 2024. We gained 6 million by cutting Mixon.

RE: Mixon released; Zach Moss signed - Soonerpeace - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone check on Soonerpeace.

I had a feeling it was coming. I got a call from my source a couple hours ago from him. We hadn’t connected. He’s been hinting. If you notice I haven’t been real confident.