Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals (/Thread-Trent-Brown-signs-1-year-deal-with-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - bfine32 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: size doesnt qual greatness. 

That's what she said

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Soonerpeace - 03-19-2024

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - XenoMorph - 03-19-2024

So are we the ones taking the Browns to the superbowl?

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - TKUHL - 03-19-2024

Was getting frustrated with this FA period, but I think we had the best FA signings so far. Only downside is the amount of 1-2 year deals. A lot happens in the NFL in 2 years though. Nice job FO.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: What a monster OL:
  • Trent Brown  6'8" 370 pounds
  • Orlando Brown 6'8" 345
  • Volson 6'6" 315
  • Cappa 6'6" 310
  • Karras 6'4" 310

It appears the biggest OL we have ever had

Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - BenZoo2 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's what she said

Who, Mrs fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - TKUHL - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So are we the ones taking the Browns to the superbowl?

lol nice

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The truth will be known in about 9 months. If you are correct, the defense will be worse in 2024 without Reader than they were with him in 2023. If you are wrong, maybe the FO is naive and stupid and know more about building the entire roster than you. 

True enough. 

And it is not like the situation is irretrievable. The coaches & FO seemed to pin some of our defensive issues vs the run to communication/trust issues on the back end. Getting Stone & Bell should help with that, regardless of Reader. Sweat would be fantastic, Jackson good. 

But a DT room of BJ Hill, Rankins, Carter, Tufele, & Bell is putrid. Especially vs the run. I still think we need 2 DTs/NTs. 

Sweat & Jackson are the only NTs I think that can be starter-ish level year 1. And I'd be stunned if either are close to Reader. 

In 2024, we could have had an elite player for close to nothing. Or at least the possibility of one. That is a risk worth taking. 

For, 2025, the cost would have been steeper, but still a bargain for Reader if he is close to 100%. 

Anyway, you will never be able to convince me the Reader/restructure issue was anything but flat out stupid, no matter how it plays out. You can hit on 19 and get a duece, but the decision was still dumb. 

I am just hoping we can pull that duece. Or an ace. 

As for Mr. Brown, it is hard to say without viewing the contract. I assilume we got input from Gesicki & Karras before the signing. I'd trust him. The Pats dud screw him over on the bonus. I am OK with the attitude issues. 

The injury issues worry me some. I am still all in on Fuaga/Latham in Rd 1. If both are gone & Bowers is there.....I may pull the trigger. I do like Mims as well, but he & Guyton are OTs all the way. Latham/Fuaga/Fautanu have some G possibilities. 

It opens up the draft some. Frankly, I thought it eould be hard for us to get a good OT because I figured they want a guarantee on starting (Smith, Onwenu, Eluemunor, Brown, etc). If we got Brown without one, that is a big win. 

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Southpaw Frerotte - 03-19-2024

The Bengals can only go as far as Burrow takes them, so long he's not injured. The idea of having Becton coming in to start, was quite frankly, scary. Brown is a much better option even if it's a one year deal. It lets the Bengals kick the can down the road and gives them plenty of more options. Whether it's taking a developmental pick in this year's draft or seeing what's available next year in free agency, in any case, their hands aren't forced into reaching for a first round tackle and hoping he pans out day one. Instead, they can just take BPA at #18 which has historically been a good strategy for them.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Essex Johnson - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would of rather done a 2 year deal but this is good news. Opens up the Draft quite a bit.

I hope not,  No way I trust Brown to complete season, way too many injuries and 1 yr deal.... we  are in great position at 18 with the depth of RTs , to draft the future anchor at RT, be a mistake to pass on a RT.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Frank Booth - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I hope not,  No way I trust Brown to complete season, way too many injuries and 1 yr deal.... we  are in great position at 18 with the depth of RTs , to draft the future anchor at RT, be a mistake to pass on a RT.

gotta draft RT here. Im all on board with RT

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Trent Brown was told he was coming to start at RT and he said he has no concern of the team taking one at 18. My gut tells me a day 2 OT will be in play but I think the team would rather not take one at 18 based on what was said.

We will see how the board falls.

Is this inside info or did he say something publicly?

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Essex Johnson - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:46 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: The Bengals can only go as far as Burrow takes them, so long he's not injured.  The idea of having Becton coming in to start, was quite frankly, scary.  Brown is a much better option even if it's a one year deal.  It lets the Bengals kick the can down the road and gives them plenty of more options.  Whether it's taking a developmental pick in this year's draft or seeing what's available next year in free agency, in any case, their hands aren't forced into reaching for a first round tackle and hoping he pans out day one.  Instead, they can just take BPA at #18 which has historically been a good strategy for th
Brown has only played more than 11 starts 1 time last 5 years., also 18th pick in a deep draft won't be reaching, take advantage of a good draft position to pick a future RT , I have more faith in Burrow staying healthy than Brown .. that worries me already

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Soonerpeace - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: How can you say he is spot on when they failed to speak on or even remember all the injuries Burrow has had since the pick? His claim of no injuries outside of the one's mentioned isn't spot on, it's fake news given the facts.

Simple. Joe’s first year Sewell was at Oregon. His appendectomy had nothing to do with the OL (that leaves Sewell out) and if you want to claim his wrist injury that’s a stretch to a degree. Again it was a tough decision Zac has said. Joe wanted Chase and they saw 10 years of dynamics between them. And it’s what Joe wanted. Keeping Chase is important and keeping Joe was too. It’s the facts as you say.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Bengalholic - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Is this inside info or did he say something publicly?

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Au165 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Is this inside info or did he say something publicly?

Brown said this in his introductory press conference. The contract will tell the story though. I think we could be in play for a trade back from 18 now for maybe a higher upside but less polished RT (Mims) and add more ammo. The other thought here is I could see us taking one at the top of round 2 in a trade up but going a different direction at 18.

(03-19-2024, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Brown said this in his introductory press conference. The contract will tell the story though. I think we could be in play for a trade back from 18 now for maybe a higher upside but less polished RT (Mims) and add more ammo. The other thought here is I could see us taking one at the top of round 2 in a trade up but going a different direction at 18.

I like the sound of that less. 

I mean, I guess I am still confused as to what he meant. 

Interpretation #1: He isn't concerned about us taking an OT at #18 because we told him we won't and he is the starter. 

This worries me because you are relying on an injury prone guy to start AND if OT is BPA you cannot take one. Pkus, Brown is on a 1 year deal. Take the long term solution if it is there. 

Interpretation #2: He's not concerned about us taking a RT at #18 because he is OK with it if it happens. 

This would be ideal.

But it sounds like #1 more than #2.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - RunKijanaRun - 03-19-2024

Happy with this but still need a decent NT, and likely the best OL available at 18 due to Trent’s age & durability.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - TecmoBengals - 03-19-2024

I want to see Brown and Brown blocking for Brown as he scores a rushing TD in the Super Bowl.

Who Dey

I like the signing.

Now Duke needs to nail pick #18 whether it be OL, DL, WR, CB, or TE (meaning Bowers).

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Bengalholic - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 04:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like the sound of that less. 

I mean, I guess I am still confused as to what he meant. 

Interpretation #1: He isn't concerned about us taking an OT at #18 because we told him we won't and he is the starter. 

This worries me because you are relying on an injury prone guy to start AND if OT is BPA you cannot take one. Pkus, Brown is on a 1 year deal. Take the long term solution if it is there. 

Interpretation #2: He's not concerned about us taking a RT at #18 because he is OK with it if it happens. 

This would be ideal.

But it sounds like #1 more than #2.

I think you're overanalyzing brother.  Mellow