Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1770136582604849639?s=46&t=pkni6GRbeTj3sw_si0D37w

Burrow is about to have the best OL that he's ever had.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Get it done DUKE
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
What do you think that they will offer to an oft injured, mentally unstable, disgruntled old Tackle like Brown? 1 yr/$5M?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you think that they will offer to an oft injured, mentally unstable, disgruntled old Tackle like Brown?  1 yr/$5M?

2 yrs 6 million and can get rid of him after 1 yr
Reply/Quote
Give him two years. No guarantees in the second year. Draft an OT in round one. NT in round two and we are cooking boys.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Probably gonna be a 2 year deal. We'll still go OT early and DT early.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:47 PM)pulses Wrote: 2 yrs 6 million and can get rid of him after 1 yr

Quick, someone get Yosh Nizman on the phone..  He's still young enough to have a little upside left, and no drama or serious injury history.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Really wanted the upside of a younger Becton.

But this would be a hell of a consolation prize.

If he really thinks the patriots organization was slandering him last year. We might have an angry and motivated big man looking to prove the haters wrong. That could be a great thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Quick, someone get Yosh Nizman on the phone..  He's still young enough to have a little upside left, and no drama or serious injury history.

He signed with Carolina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Come on down Trent Brown. Never trusted Bekton. Sign him two years. He’s just 31. Big Whit played much longer. Gives us two giant tackles to match up with AFC North bruisers.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Watch, they will give him what the Lion's gave Reader. 2/$27.

Still, unless we want to sign Williams (WR) or Gilmore (CB), there isn't anywhere else to spend it atm.

Signing Brown would theoretically open up the draft, but I'd still lean heavily towards OT. Latham or Fuaga would be would be gimmees. But should Bowers fall or trading back for extra picks or a WR/CB1 could also be on the table.

But Brown's injury history would not make me comfortable assuming he can start every game. If healthy, he is a Jonah upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Watch, they will give him what the Lion's gave Reader. 2/$27.

Not even CLOSE
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you think that they will offer to an oft injured, mentally unstable, disgruntled old Tackle like Brown?  1 yr/$5M?

Disgruntled with the Patriots, for sure. And some locker-room concerns and some odd-sounding controversy with the organization and the coaches. And often-injured, yes. 

But when Trent Brown is on the field, he's very good. And not so old (30 years old). Bengals thought Andrew Whitworth was too old at 35 when they let him go. And like Whitworth, Brown was a starter on a Super Bowl winning-team.

Apparently he's friends with Cappa (and with Gesicki), so if Cappa can vouch for Brown, he may be a good for a prove-it one-year or two-year deal. Bengals need someone before the draft, so they're not desperate and telegraphing their pick during the draft. And there is no question but that Brown, if he can stay on the field and keep himself in a good place mentally, can be a major force and upgrade at RT.

Reply/Quote
Sign in but don't hand him RT, make him earn it against the expected 1/2 round RT we draft... we better draft one early because Brown is injury prone and at that over 30 old standard for Oline
Reply/Quote
FWIW, PFF last 5 years (snaps):

80.2 (579), 67.4 (1,030), 79.3 (489), 68.9 (282), 69.1 (581).
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:19 PM)pulses Wrote: Not even CLOSE

I hope not.

2/$20 wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
I think Karras & Gesicki should be able to vouch for him, character wise. If they give the thumbs up, I am all for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I hope not.

2/$20 wouldn't surprise me.

No way they go that high. Probably more in line with what Reiff and Collins got. If not a little less.

Reply/Quote
Yosh Nijam just got 2 years 8 million with the ability to earn up to 15 total with incentives. My guess is the deal would be in a similar ballpark.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Watch, they will give him what the Lion's gave Reader. 2/$27.

Still, unless we want to sign Williams (WR) or Gilmore (CB), there isn't anywhere else to spend it atm.

Signing Brown would theoretically open up the draft, but I'd still lean heavily towards OT. Latham or Fuaga would be would be gimmees. But should Bowers fall or trading back for extra picks or a WR/CB1 could also be on the table.

But Brown's injury history would not make me comfortable assuming he can start every game. If healthy, he is a Jonah upgrade.

I would absolutely still go ot at 18. At least with brown here the rookie can learn for a year. Or at least half a year before brown is hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote