Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(03-18-2024, 11:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: lol… moving the goal post. Eifert was 6th on the team in receiving yards his rookie year. Eifert was a beast in 2015. Eifert was our number 2 tight end in 2013.

Bingo. With Gresham still here Eifert wasn’t going to put up real big numbers. I still consider him a “contributor” his rookie season. If you don’t, fair enough.

2013 is still plenty long ago anyway. There’s no denying that outside of can’t miss guys like AJ, Burrow, and Chase they have a spotty track record with 1st round picks. Thankfully they’ve at least had a a lot of success in the 2nd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My bad. You are talking rookie year contributions only. I missed that.

But if the guy is a backup Y1 and then contributes, that's not a bad pick. Especially picking late. 

I guess… but that recipe hasn’t really worked well for us. And 18 isn’t that late. At least DT has snaps available regardless of injury. Same for WR and CB (even though we seem to draft secondary 1-2 times a year). We really cant afford to have our premier pick in this draft riding the bench, and outside of injury and assuming we sign Trent brown… an OT won’t see the field. A healthy Trent brown is a really good football player.

Jets talk radio is now “All in” on adding some firepower now that they went out and got smith and Moses. I know OL and OL injuries have wrecked us the last two years burrow was healthy, but last year we had no injuries.

2025 will have holes of their own, but if the goal is to win a 2024 Super Bowl, there are more impact positions available (assuming we sign brown).

If we had signed becton, I could get on board with a OT in the first.

I’m still good and would draft some OL this year, but we need some starters still, and you will have better luck earlier than later.
Reply/Quote
Anybody got any thoughts on Trent Brown?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: After Onwenu & Smith, Brown was probably the best FA OT out there.

If we can get a bargain, he's a good risk to take. And if Bowers falls in our laps.....we could take him.

Or any of the top 5 WR. We still have a need there. Higgins and Chase haven’t been the epitome of health the last two years. Beyond the missed games, they have played limited a lot the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody got any thoughts on Trent Brown?

Good player on bad teams lately. Not always healthy, but when he plays he is about as good as it gets. Hopefully they are not using this as leverage for becton. Brown is the superior player outside of age. Seeing as we love these 1-3 year deals, I don’t care about youth all that much.
Reply/Quote
We need to talk about how good Trent Brown has been for the #Patriots this season (ranks among 74 OTs):

Overall PFF grade - 89.3 (best among OTs)
Run-blocking grade - 87.8 (best among OTs)
Pressures allowed - 8 (T-4th best)
Pass blocking efficiency - 97.8 (T-7th best)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: We need to talk about how good Trent Brown has been for the #Patriots this season (ranks among 74 OTs):

Was also the only OT thrown out of the building. Accused of quitting and having a bad attitude.

We need to hope that NE being a total cluster was the issue more so than just Trent being a problem. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody got any thoughts on Trent Brown?

Good when healthy but hardly ever healthy.  He has played 1 full year out of the last 5.   The odds say he wont play a full season with the Bengals so they better have a backup ready.  This is probably why you still take an OT in round 1 or 2
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:09 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Was also the only OT thrown out of the building. Accused of quitting and having a bad attitude.

We need to hope that NE being a total cluster was the issue more so than just Trent being a problem. 

(03-19-2024, 12:10 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Good when healthy but hardly ever healthy.  He has played 1 full year out of the last 5.   The odds say he wont play a full season with the Bengals so they better have a backup ready.  This is probably why you still take an OT in round 1 or 2

As I mentioned earlier. Very similar to Trent Williams before he signed with SF. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

:lol:

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: We need to talk about how good Trent Brown has been for the #Patriots this season (ranks among 74 OTs):

I do not have a sub, but I get 80.2. 

As for pressures, he played less than 600 snaps. Counting stats will be lower. He's played 1,000 snaps once in the last 5 years. All 5 guys did it last year for us.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/trent-brown/9677
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
LOL

2 Brown's equals Downtown.
Reply/Quote
It is not like Zac's practices are hard he is one of the mildest coaches in that aspect. Never starts starters in preseason games Williams had to request to play in one preseason game last year because he switched to a new position at RT and wanted a little taste of game conditions before the first game of the year.
Reply/Quote
If Brown is signed, my guess we may have the 2 biggest (height) and (weight) OTs in the league. I would hope our goal line running game would get better at a minimum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If we get Brown, I hope we still land a solid tackle in the draft. As well as a C.
Reply/Quote
I was not on the sign Benton group.

At this point, you gotta take a risk. Brown is a risk but there’s a high reward worth trying.

Opens the draft more. He’s 31 so they will want to draft an OT early in the next few drafts. This draft Id go BPA, there may be some insane DE available or Newton there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Give him two years. No guarantees in the second year. Draft an OT in round one. NT in round two and we are cooking boys.

+1
Reply/Quote
Love the off season so far. Management has addressed needs and filled holes. This opening up the draft for best player available at 18.
Reply/Quote
Sign him ASfnP
Reply/Quote
C-mon people give him a chance if they sign him, he is human so he isn't perfect. Nobody is, ( Believe it or not but Joe Burrow isn't perfect). The Bengals need him and I think with the players they have in that locker room they can keep his head straight and get the most out of him. All I'm saying is give him a chance, he can be a very good RT.
Reply/Quote