Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(03-18-2024, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No way they go that high. Probably more in line with what Reiff and Collins got. If not a little less.

Brown is better than Reiff or Collins. What did they get?
Reply/Quote
Yep happy enough with this. Some ‘issues’ for sure but is it better than not having him? Probably not.
OT at 18.
Reply/Quote
So IF we sign Brown and take OT at 18 that sets up the line a lot better including in quality of depth
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you think that they will offer to an oft injured, mentally unstable, disgruntled old Tackle like Brown? 1 yr/$5M?

I like my offensive linemen mentally unstable. The best offensive linemen are pissed off 100% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: So IF we sign Brown and take OT at 18 that sets up the line a lot better including in quality of depth

At OT, yes. Still nothing inside. 

I'd expect Carman and/or Smith to get cut eventually if this happens. Though I guess if they think either could play guard, or if this is the year the light goes on. We could save around $2 mil by cutting both. But I'd think they make it to camp at least.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you think that they will offer to an oft injured, mentally unstable, disgruntled old Tackle like Brown?  1 yr/$5M?

Probably less than SF offered Trent Williams in 2020. He was an oft injured, disgruntled old Tackle.

Unsure of either Trent's mental stability. But it seemed neither was in a good state. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like my offensive linemen mentally unstable. The best offensive linemen are pissed off 100% of the time.

I’m gonna call shenanigans on that. Munoz and Big Whit were two of the nicest guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:04 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: I’m gonna call shenanigans on that. Munoz and Big Whit were two of the nicest guys.

John Herderson might disagree

Reply/Quote
We’re going to have an absolutely massive pair of bookends if it ends up being Brown/Brown.

Reply/Quote
If they can get 10 games out of him while the rookie gets up to speed it’ll work. Incentive based on games played etc. he’s a better option then M.B who may have untapped potential but can’t risk him sharpening it at the expense of Burrow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 08:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Give him two years. No guarantees in the second year. Draft an OT in round one. NT in round two and we are cooking boys.

Yea? Who playing corner oppo cam Taylor Britt? lol
And don’t insult me and say either Hill or Turner.
Reply/Quote
For those they still want Ot at 18 if we sign brown. I’m assuming you are ok with our first round pick not playing in 2024. You can’t predict injuries, so maybe they would get on the field. But if things go our way, getting zero contribution from Your first overall pick would be a likely outcome.

Aren’t we tired of not drafting for the current year? Signing brown opens up the draft a bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:20 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Yea?  Who playing corner oppo cam Taylor Britt? lol
And don’t insult me and say either Hill or Turner.

I'm thinking Hill or Turner

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: If they can get 10 games out of him while the rookie gets up to speed it’ll work. Incentive based on games played etc. he’s a better option then M.B who may have untapped potential but can’t risk him sharpening it at the expense of Burrow.

Give him a similar deal to Tyron smith. Tyron got $6m gtd with up to 20 based on playing time and incentives. Maybe $5m gtd and another 3-5 with playing time/incentives.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm thinking Hill or Turner

Xavien Howard, we just don’t know it yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: For those they still want Ot at 18 if we sign brown.  I’m assuming you are ok with our first round pick not playing in 2024.  You can’t predict injuries, so maybe they would get on the field.  But if things go our way, getting zero contribution from Your first overall pick would be a likely outcome.

Aren’t we tired of not drafting for the current year?  Signing brown opens up the draft a bit.

Or you could do like we did Whit. Let him play LG until a spot opens at OT. Kid outta Washington fits the bill

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or you could do like we did Whit. Let him play LG until a spot opens at OT. Kid outta Washington fits the bill

[Image: Mandalorian-This-Is-The-Way-Quote.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: For those they still want Ot at 18 if we sign brown. I’m assuming you are ok with our first round pick not playing in 2024. You can’t predict injuries, so maybe they would get on the field. But if things go our way, getting zero contribution from Your first overall pick would be a likely outcome.

Aren’t we tired of not drafting for the current year? Signing brown opens up the draft a bit.

I like getting Brown with tons of incentives and low risk. Don’t know how it’s structured. But it at least opens up some flexibility at 18. None currently
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I’d be OK with this signing,but I would sure be looking very closely for a future RT in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or you could do like we did Whit. Let him play LG until a spot opens at OT. Kid outta Washington fits the bill

lol, it’s a sad day when you have invested, somewhat big, in 4 OL in 3 years via FA and you still want to use you’re first round pick on that.

Honestly, I think we forget how bad the run defense was. If anything… a rookie WR could impact this year, and protect us into the future.

DT or offensive playmaker
Reply/Quote