Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals (/Thread-Trent-Brown-signs-1-year-deal-with-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 04:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: From the presser it sounded like he is the starter. 

Until he gets hurt most likely from Trent's history. This is why we still need to draft an OT early. I am just scared of Mims and Guyton.

Fuaga or Latham should be the pick, but if they are not there go BPA and I do like Kingsley the OT out of BYU in the 2nd round.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 04:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: 100000000000000000000% this^^^^^^

Just use the extra 3rd and move up in the second to get sweat after Latham or Fuaga at 18.  It’s that simple Cincinnati

Your fellow posters feel the Bengals would whiff at OT with #18 pick. To them, they have no faith with an OL pick in round 1 regardless of when that pick is. Unless, it is their guy, then the FO is smart and make a great pick.  Sarcasm

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your fellow posters feel the Bengals would whiff at OT with #18 pick. To them, they have no faith with an OL pick in round 1 regardless of when that pick is. Unless, it is their guy, then the FO is smart and make a great pick.  Sarcasm

Cannot blame them, not a good track record to say the least picking OL.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - tms - 03-19-2024

BOOM. I'm here for it

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2024

(03-18-2024, 08:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1770136582604849639?s=46&t=pkni6GRbeTj3sw_si0D37w

Burrow is about to have the best OL that he's ever had.

Every lineman we sign, people talk about this. Then, it never plays out that way.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - casear2727 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 10:27 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Last season, he was a healthy scratch for the Week 17 Buffalo game that let to him missing out on a $6.5 million playing time incentive.  So, I would understand him being pissed off and quitting on the team.

With the Raiders, it sounds like he just did not want to be there.  Can't say I blame him either coming from a Super Bowl winning program in New England and the Raiders being, well, the Raiders.

I'd give him a 2 year deal at $7 million a year with the first year guaranteed and pray for the best.  We're going to have to take a chance here and that's NOT by lining up Cody Ford to start at RT.  

Haven't we been down that road before so many times? Cry

We have no choice, and I like Brown > Becton.  

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - masonbengals fan - 03-19-2024

Just walked in the door and saw this. WOW Clapping

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - PDub80 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 04:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: 100000000000000000000% this^^^^^^

Just use the extra 3rd and move up in the second to get sweat after Latham or Fuaga at 18.  It’s that simple Cincinnati

I have a lot of DTs I like in this draft, but Sweat probably isn't on my list of favs. He literally fell down at the combine while doing agility drills after showing up 30+ lbs overweight.

The guy you should check out (if you haven't already) is TX A&M's McKinnley Jackson. He has Bengals rubber stamped on him. DJ Reader dimensions. 2X captain at a big time program. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round possibility. High character guy.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mckinnley-jackson/32004a41-4340-5131-b946-3fc29091199f

(03-19-2024, 03:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is excellent news but a one year deal means a T at 18 is still a strong possibility

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I now want them to take Brian Thomas Jr in the first round - 6’4”/4.33 40.
He went to LSU so 9 and 1 will have to love the pick.

Trade Tee for a second and try to get NT and T with the 2 second round picks.

I have an even more unpopular opinion,Im ok with taking BTjr at 18 even if we don't trade Higgins.

Chase, Higgins, BT, and Gisike could have Burrow playing Madden-like on the field.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - PDub80 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your fellow posters feel the Bengals would whiff at OT with #18 pick. To them, they have no faith with an OL pick in round 1 regardless of when that pick is. Unless, it is their guy, then the FO is smart and make a great pick.  Sarcasm

I don't think they miss because they are the Bengals. I think they overthink it or try to outsmart the room.

The Ravens traded their starting RT for draft picks. I can see them jumping Cincinnati & taking the guy the Bengals are eying. Hey, at least the off-seasons are interesting if you're a Bengals fan. Some of these other teams are just disasters.

(03-19-2024, 03:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: size doesnt equal greatness. This still isnt a top 15 line

If they stay healthy, I'd take a bet that they will be at least Top 15.

(03-19-2024, 03:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: True enough. 

And it is not like the situation is irretrievable. The coaches & FO seemed to pin some of our defensive issues vs the run to communication/trust issues on the back end. Getting Stone & Bell should help with that, regardless of Reader. Sweat would be fantastic, Jackson good. 

But a DT room of BJ Hill, Rankins, Carter, Tufele, & Bell is putrid. Especially vs the run. I still think we need 2 DTs/NTs. 

Sweat & Jackson are the only NTs I think that can be starter-ish level year 1. And I'd be stunned if either are close to Reader. 

In 2024, we could have had an elite player for close to nothing. Or at least the possibility of one. That is a risk worth taking. 

For, 2025, the cost would have been steeper, but still a bargain for Reader if he is close to 100%. 

Anyway, you will never be able to convince me the Reader/restructure issue was anything but flat out stupid, no matter how it plays out. You can hit on 19 and get a duece, but the decision was still dumb. 

It is obvious that we plan on scoring 21 pts in the 1st Qtr of every game and thus the opponents will be forced pass all game. 

(03-19-2024, 05:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If they stay healthy, I'd take a bet that they will be at least Top 15.

Agree, with Burrow being healthy and playing under Center more it will allow the OL to play aggressive instead of passive.

It cannot be brought up enough how always being in the Shotgun makes an OL play passive and makes the Offense predictable.

Zack Moss was also the best RB running out the Shotgun last year from what I saw, something Mixon was bad at.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Until he gets hurt most likely from Trent's history. This is why we still need to draft an OT early. I am just scared of Mims and Guyton.

Fuaga or Latham should be the pick, but if they are not there go BPA and I do like Kingsley the OT out of BYU in the 2nd round.

That is eminemtly reasonable. 

What makes you afraid of Mims? Injuries? The tape is limited, but darned good. Ditto on Guyton to a lesser extent. More tape, a little less excellent but still good. I mean, I guess my perception is both guys have had good performances when they have been out there. They are not attribute picks who have not performed. 

My fear is that if we don't take OT in Rd2, then all the other guys are gone by #49 (Morris, Suamatia (sp), Paul) and all that is left is Fisher & the kid from Yale. And #49 is too high. 

Murphy & Bowers are the 2 that might make me get off tackle if Fuaga & Latham are gone. I like the corners, but taking one with WR3, NT, TE1and no OT/DT depth scares me, too..

IDK, maybe we do another 1 yr deal with a vet to plug a hole.

(03-19-2024, 04:51 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I could talk with u for hours.  I’ve been banging this table for years and was called a bengals hater for it.  They can’t scout or develop olineman to save their lives.  I’m praying Fuaga or Latham there at 18 other than that I’m
Terrified of who they chose.  I can hear it now “with the 18th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select…..Jordan Morgan”  Just some dumb shit like that.

This is insanely comical.  Absolutely not one person has been called a "hater" on this site due to their criticism of poor oline drafting. In fact the exact opposite has occurred on this site for years and years. We have all had issues with our oline drafting.

What are we are doing here?

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - JoeyB2023 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I have a lot of DTs I like in this draft, but Sweat probably isn't on my list of favs. He literally fell down at the combine while doing agility drills after showing up 30+ lbs overweight.

The guy you should check out (if you haven't already) is TX A&M's McKinnley Jackson. He has Bengals rubber stamped on him. DJ Reader dimensions. 2X captain at a big time program. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round possibility. High character guy.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mckinnley-jackson/32004a41-4340-5131-b946-3fc29091199f
It’s either Jackson Jr or sweat love em both. I just think sweat is a bigger beast. But U make a good point about Bengal pedigree running through him and truthfully the defensive line is a place I trust the bengals like safety and corner and wide receiver. So whoever they take sweat or Jackson ima trust em. Especially in those middle rounds we’ve done damage there.

Hell
Go Fuaga in 1 trade up in 2 for someone like Franklin or Mitchell at wide receiver and come back in 3 and grab McKinnley jackson. That’d be fire

But I worry massively about boundary corner, can we still afford to bring in someone like Howard from Miami? Or trade tee for a too young corner?

(03-19-2024, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is eminemtly reasonable. 

What makes you afraid of Mims? Injuries? The tape is limited, but darned good. Ditto on Guyton to a lesser extent. More tape, a little less excellent but still good. I mean, I guess my perception is both guys have had good performances when they have been out there. They are not attribute picks who have not performed. 

My fear is that if we don't take OT in Rd2, then all the other guys are gone by #49 (Morris, Suamatia (sp), Paul) and all that is left is Fisher & the kid from Yale. And #49 is too high. 

Murphy & Bowers are the 2 that might make me get off tackle if Fuaga & Latham are gone. I like the corners, but taking one with WR3, NT, TE1and no OT/DT depth scares me, too..

I am certainly not afraid to take Mims whatsoever, especially with Trent Brown now.  Ankle sprains are uncontrollable, training for the combine can lead to soft tissue issues.   The kid is a specimen and if he isnt forced to start Day 1 he could become a very good OT for along time. 

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Joelist - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is insanely comical.  Absolutely not one person has been called a "hater" on this site due to their criticism of poor oline drafting. In fact the exact opposite has occurred on this site for years and years. We have all had issues with our oline drafting.

What are we are doing here?

There is a phrase for it..... the first word is a type of play and the second is the usual title for a female ruling monarch...

(03-19-2024, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is eminemtly reasonable. 

Not enough starts with Mims is what scares me a bit with him, but he did look great when he did start, I will give you that.

Us drafting OL always scares me a bit from our history. I think Fuaga and Latham are the most sure things for us if one of them is there
we need to take one. I am with you completely on Murphy and Bowers, I know we just brought in Rankins, but I think BJ Hill could gain
a bit of weight and be a Nose Tackle if needed, he is a good run stopper. More pass rush up the middle would be a great thing.

Bowers is the best YAC TE I have ever seen and would take our weapons to another level for Joe.

(03-19-2024, 05:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am certainly not afraid to take Mims whatsoever, especially with Trent Brown now.  Ankle sprains are uncontrollable, training for the combine can lead to soft tissue issues.   The kid is a specimen and if he isnt forced to start Day 1 he could become a very good OT for along time. 

Good point, the Trent Brown move made me much less scared of us picking Mims now.