Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals (/Thread-Trent-Brown-signs-1-year-deal-with-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - PDub80 - 03-19-2024

I think that, given the circumstances, this is a really exciting, successful offseason. This was a terrible FA class for what the Bengals need, but there's not one move the Bengals made that I can fault them for.

- Brown was the best fit out of all of the FA OTs that were hitting the market. Honestly, for the Bengals, Trent Brown is a home run, all things considered, even as a stop gap for a draft pick. His island win rate is top 3 in the NFL & the Bengals put their OTs on an island in the top 7 or 8 of the league.

Personally, I think the Bengals still have something interesting up their sleeves.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - samhain - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 05:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I have an even more unpopular opinion,Im ok with taking BTjr at 18 even if we don't trade Higgins.

Chase, Higgins, BT, and Gisike could have Burrow playing Madden-like on the field.

I'm edging toward that way of thinking.  I'd absolutely do it if I thought they could get one of the OT prospects that might project to playing guard for a year of two in the 2nd.  

If they go loose BPA, I expect a corner, WR, or OT.  

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hope the plumbing issues have been addressed. 

Good move. We just need him to hold it down long enough to get the rookie up to speed. If we get a full year out of him, even better.

The old Bengals way would have signed Becton and sold us on the reclamation project. 

I think that's about right concerning the RT move. I look for draft capital to be used at the position too. 

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Other teams do not have both OT's in house yet. Brown has played LT and RT.

Chiefs need a LT and Ravens need a RT.

Glad, we got him and they did not.

We can still draft a RT if we choose with #18 pick.

Great job FO.

Ravens need a guard too. Zeitler left town.

(03-19-2024, 03:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is excellent news but a one year deal means a T at 18 is still a strong possibility

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I now want them to take Brian Thomas Jr in the first round - 6’4”/4.33 40.
He went to LSU so 9 and 1 will have to love the pick.

Trade Tee for a second and try to get NT and T with the 2 second round picks.

Certainly wouldn't object to those moves.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 10:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ravens need a guard too. Zeitler left town.

Ravens lost both starting guards, Simpson and Zeitler.

If we lost 3 OL this forum would be in melt down mode.

We lost a starting RT and my hunch added a less expensive RT with a better win rate. Yet to see Brown contract.

(03-19-2024, 05:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I have a lot of DTs I like in this draft, but Sweat probably isn't on my list of favs. He literally fell down at the combine while doing agility drills after showing up 30+ lbs overweight.

The guy you should check out (if you haven't already) is TX A&M's McKinnley Jackson. He has Bengals rubber stamped on him. DJ Reader dimensions. 2X captain at a big time program. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round possibility. High character guy.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mckinnley-jackson/32004a41-4340-5131-b946-3fc29091199f

He does fit their profile.

(03-19-2024, 05:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is insanely comical.  Absolutely not one person has been called a "hater" on this site due to their criticism of poor oline drafting. In fact the exact opposite has occurred on this site for years and years. We have all had issues with our oline drafting.

What are we are doing here?

I mean.... it's only been a problem for nearly a decade....

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Frank Booth - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 10:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens lost both starting guards, Simpson and Zeitler.

If we lost 3 OL this forum would be in melt down mode.

We lost a starting RT and my hunch added a less expensive RT with a better win rate. Yet to see Brown contract.

and rightfully so

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Go Cards - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 08:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve tried and tried to make sure everybody knows without the least bit shadow of doubt. Sheldon Rankins is now the fifth highest paid Bengal and B J Hill is sixth. They are your starting tackles. End of story. So they aren’t looking at a starter there. Doesn’t mean they don’t pick up a rotational player still in FA or the draft. Now that they have Trent Brown they can go with the BPA which was their goal ( and always heading into the draft) I wouldn’t rule out an OT, WR, DT, or CB.

Of course Rankins is a starter, he is a former Card. Hill is solid as well. Still believe they will target a DT in first 3 rounds per it is paramount this is not a weak link this season like it became last year with merely 1 injury. That is if the Bengals want to fair well in the division, which is kind of important. 

Plus BJ Hill is in the final year of his contract and the Bengals are notorious for drafting replacements a year early to get acclimated. Doubt they will be able to re-sign BJ after Chase gets paid anyway, especially if they sign Tee as well. Then BJ will become the next cap casualty being the 6th highest paid and seeking a raise. 

If Bengals don't think Tee can be signed, then see a WR being selected very early. So I would say possibly OT, DT, WR in first 3 rounds not in any particular order with a outside shot at TE if right one falls. A great D-line is the best thing to help DB's anyway imho.  

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Soonerpeace - 03-20-2024

(03-19-2024, 11:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Of course Rankins is a starter, he is a former Card. Hill is solid as well. Still believe they will target a DT in first 3 rounds per it is paramount this is not a weak link this season like it became last year with merely 1 injury. That is if the Bengals want to fair well in the division, which is kind of important. 

Plus BJ Hill is in the final year of his contract and the Bengals are notorious for drafting replacements a year early to get acclimated. Doubt they will be able to re-sign BJ after Chase gets paid anyway, especially if they sign Tee as well. Then BJ will become the next cap casualty being the 6th highest paid and seeking a raise. 

If Bengals don't think Tee can be signed, then see a WR being selected very early. So I would say possibly OT, DT, WR in first 3 rounds not in any particular order with a outside shot at TE if right one falls. A great D-line is the best thing to help DB's anyway imho.  

This I agree with.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-20-2024

(03-19-2024, 11:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Of course Rankins is a starter, he is a former Card. Hill is solid as well. Still believe they will target a DT in first 3 rounds per it is paramount this is not a weak link this season like it became last year with merely 1 injury. That is if the Bengals want to fair well in the division, which is kind of important. 

Good point on the trenches on both sides of the ball. It depends if Murphy is available at #18. He is not a space eater. He is listed at 308, not small, but not huge. Can he add weight on his frame or is his strength and/or quickness his most valuable asset. I see Murphy gone at 18 and other drafts he is available.

It is a deep OT draft. We may be able to grab a potential RT in round 2 or I would love Worthy from Texas. He 6'1" and a burner who can replace Boyd immediately. I think he is this year's version of Flowers who Ravens drafted in 2023.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - bfine32 - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good point on the trenches on both sides of the ball. It depends if Murphy is available at #18. He is not a space eater. He is listed at 308, not small, but not huge. Can he add weight on his frame or is his strength and/or quickness his most valuable asset. I see Murphy gone at 18 and other drafts he is available.

It is a deep OT draft. We may be able to grab a potential RT in round 2 or I would love Worthy from Texas. He 6'1" and a burner who can replace Boyd immediately. I think he is this year's version of Flowers who Ravens drafted in 2023.

Not sure about that

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - casear2727 - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good point on the trenches on both sides of the ball. It depends if Murphy is available at #18. He is not a space eater. He is listed at 308, not small, but not huge. Can he add weight on his frame or is his strength and/or quickness his most valuable asset. I see Murphy gone at 18 and other drafts he is available.

Worthy at #18?  I am a super NO on that.  He is too slight with too many drops.  The combine love every year is crazy.  Brian Thomas Jr is tiers above Worthy.  Im also higher on Franklin, Ladd, Pearsal, and Legette 

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2024

Dude sure can pass block. Fingers crossed he can actually stay healthy.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Soonerpeace - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Worthy at #18?  I am a super NO on that.  He is too slight with too many drops.  The combine love every year is crazy.  Brian Thomas Jr is tiers above Worthy.  Im also higher on Franklin, Ladd, Pearsal, and Legette 

Plus Worthy is not a fit culture wise. He’s all him.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - bfine32 - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Looks like we didn't leave Orlando on an Island very much 

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - casear2727 - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Best part is, TB is a better pass blocker, just a tad, at RT.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - TheLeonardLeap - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We may be able to grab a potential RT in round 2 or I would love Worthy from Texas. He 6'1" and a burner who can replace Boyd immediately. I think he is this year's version of Flowers who Ravens drafted in 2023.

Dude would DIE in the AFCN. He's 5'11", 165lbs and you want him going across the middle?

He has stick limbs and sub-9" hands.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - NATI BENGALS - 03-20-2024

(03-20-2024, 01:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude would DIE in the AFCN. He's 5'11", 165lbs and you want him going across the middle?

He has stick limbs and sub-9" hands.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Damn 2 inches taller but 17lbs lighter than Zay Flowers