Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals (/Thread-Trent-Brown-signs-1-year-deal-with-the-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - bfine32 - 03-19-2024

i dig it

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would have liked to have seen a 2 year deal as well where only the first year was guaranteed.  There would be no reason for the Bengals not to do that so Im guessing the 1 year deal is from Brown's agent

Could be correct, it is really early on this news so we don't know the exact info yet.

(03-19-2024, 02:47 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If he can stay fit it’s one hell of a signing.

The attitude issues don’t worry me I’d be acting pissed off if I’d have been in New England the past couple of years too.

We better still be picking a RT at 18 if one falls to us in the draft though.

That was some weird stuff about coaches talking behind his back in New England, makes me think Belichick was losing that locker room
or something, all I know is that I have never heard those types of things going on here. Zac and company keep everything positive as can
be and communicate well for the most part. They definitely don't try and sabotage their own players like it sounded was going on there.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Luvnit2 - 03-19-2024

Other teams do not have both OT's in house yet. Brown has played LT and RT.

Chiefs need a LT and Ravens need a RT.

Glad, we got him and they did not.

We can still draft a RT if we choose with #18 pick.

Great job FO.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Other teams do not have both OT's in house yet. Brown has played LT and RT.

Great job FO.

Nice to win out on the best OT out there for once. This usually doesn't happen to us.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Other teams do not have both OT's in house yet. Brown has played LT and RT.

Great job FO.

And Yosh Nijman, one of the only other half-way viable options left signed with the Panthers.  Offensive Tackle cupboard is looking pretty empty, at this point.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Clark W Griswold - 03-19-2024

This is excellent news but a one year deal means a T at 18 is still a strong possibility

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I now want them to take Brian Thomas Jr in the first round - 6’4”/4.33 40.
He went to LSU so 9 and 1 will have to love the pick.

Trade Tee for a second and try to get NT and T with the 2 second round picks.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - 007BengalsFan - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 02:47 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If he can stay fit it’s one hell of a signing.

The attitude issues don’t worry me I’d be acting pissed off if I’d have been in New England the past couple of years too.

We better still be picking a RT at 18 if one falls to us in the draft though.

When healthy he is a really good tackle.  I still think we end up taking at tackle at #18.  Let them learn the ropes for a year while Trent holds down the spot.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Nepa - 03-19-2024

With the exception of Drew Sample, every signing this free agency period has been for one (Gesicki, Brown, Bell, Hudson, ADG, Trayveon Williams, Ford, Irwin) or two years (Rankins, Moss, Stone).

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Ell Prez - 03-19-2024

Good move, with what was left in FA. I’ve been very critical. Still am. Unfortunately this doesn’t open the draft for us. He’s on a 1 year deal. I think the talent at RT will be too good to pas up at 18. I also think a RT of the future is more important than a TE or WR2/3 of the future.

But this helps having a starter Opening day no matter what the draft brings

What a monster OL:
  • Trent Brown 6'8" 370 pounds
  • Orlando Brown 6'8" 345
  • Volson 6'6" 315
  • Cappa 6'6" 310
  • Karras 6'4" 310

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - CKwi88 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:09 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Good move, with what was left in FA. I’ve been very critical. Still am. Unfortunately this doesn’t open the draft for us. He’s on a 1 year deal. I think the talent at RT will be too good to pas up at 18. I also think a RT of the future is more important than a TE or WR2/3 of the future.

But this helps having a starter Opening day no matter what the draft brings

Tackle is certainly still a priority, but it allows us to not be forced to take tackle @ 18 if there is a run on the tackle talent early and reaching. 

(03-19-2024, 03:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: With the exception of Drew Sample, every signing this free agency period has been for one (Gesicki, Brown, Bell, Hudson, ADG, Trayveon Williams, Ford, Irwin) or two years (Rankins, Moss, Stone).

The reason for some of that is you want to have depth this year but not be tied into a longer term commitment when you may be drafting their replacements.  Lets just use Hudson as an example.  Why sign him long term when you could very easily draft Stover, Sinnott or Johnson

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Au165 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Tackle is certainly still a priority, but it allows us to not be forced to take tackle @ 18 if there is a run on the tackle talent early and reaching. 

Trent Brown was told he was coming to start at RT and he said he has no concern of the team taking one at 18. My gut tells me a day 2 OT will be in play but I think the team would rather not take one at 18 based on what was said.

We will see how the board falls.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - phil413 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is excellent news but a one year deal means a T at 18 is still a strong possibility

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I now want them to take Brian Thomas Jr in the first round - 6’4”/4.33 40.
He went to LSU so 9 and 1 will have to love the pick.

Trade Tee for a second and try to get NT and T with the 2 second round picks.

So, in that scenario I'd like to take advantage of landing a known #2 WR in Mike Williams, forming a heck of a WR group for a year and you don't have to rely on Thomas Jr. if he  doesn't catch on.  The link below is a rumor that he wants a 1 year 8M deal, we have that. 

I imagine you land the Panthers 2nd and at least a pick swap.  That should allow you to still move a comp pick and land something like Sweat and Guyton with two high 2nds.  Add a cheap vet NT behind Sweat, draft a corner and IOL and we are set. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/garrett-wilson-mike-williams-perfect-complement/amp/

Will defenders even be able to see Chase Brown (5'9") behind this massive line? Wink

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 11:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And with how much WR is costing for a good one nowadays, I can easily see the Bengals making the selection from a cost savings perspective.
With Chase getting a big contract next season likely, Bengals might want the rest of the offensive weapons to be on the cheaper side but still needing to be effective.

With that said, this does look to be a pretty good WR draft so I do think they can find a starter-caliber WR who would only need a year or less to groom by the end of Rd 3, which would allow them to still go trenches in first two rounds if they wanted.

A big Chase extension won't kick in until 2026.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - TKUHL - 03-19-2024

Awesome! Now let’s get that stud C and move Karras to LG. Line will be set.

I think I see a pattern here. This is the 3rd offensive lineman we have added that has Super Bowl victories with Brady.

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Soonerpeace - 03-19-2024

(03-18-2024, 09:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: Disgruntled with the Patriots, for sure. And some locker-room concerns and some odd-sounding controversy with the organization and the coaches. And often-injured, yes. 

But when Trent Brown is on the field, he's very good. And not so old (30 years old). Bengals thought Andrew Whitworth was too old at 35 when they let him go. And like Whitworth, Brown was a starter on a Super Bowl winning-team.

Apparently he's friends with Cappa (and with Gesicki), so if Cappa can vouch for Brown, he may be a good for a prove-it one-year or two-year deal. Bengals need someone before the draft, so they're not desperate and telegraphing their pick during the draft. And there is no question but that Brown, if he can stay on the field and keep himself in a good place mentally, can be a major force and upgrade at RT.

Karras he mentioned

RE: Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals - Frank Booth - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 03:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: What a monster OL:
  • Trent Brown  6'8" 370 pounds
  • Orlando Brown 6'8" 345
  • Volson 6'6" 315
  • Cappa 6'6" 310
  • Karras 6'4" 310

size doesnt equal greatness. This still isnt a top 15 line