Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season (/Thread-Burfict-suspended-first-3-games-of-2016-season)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-12-2016

Maybe a bit excessive but some discipline is definitely deserved.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 12:06 AM)Millhouse Wrote: It was a load of shit. The ref should be fined if not suspended himself for not throwing the flag, as Shazier should be fined and on their radar from here on out. If not, then the Bengals should sue the NFL on grounds of hypocrisy of player safety. I am pissed at the NFL and the refs for a lot of that game. But it still doesnt take away that Burfict is the newly crowned dirtiest player in the league after that hit on Brown. That isnt a good thing for the team in the long run of things unless he cleans his play up.

......and even that hit was blown way out of proportion.  This is almost bad as the PIT/SEA Super Bowl.....almost.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 12:08 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe a bit excessive but some discipline is definitely deserved.

Agreed.

.....and for Munchak....Shazier.....Porter....and the head ref

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - NATI BENGALS - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Get the Steelers out of your head. Focus on your team and what can make them better. Burfict learning a small degree of composure will do that. 

He already did. He isnt ball tapping or twisting ankles anymore. He is hitting guys during the play. Incidental contact to a defenseless receiver isnt worthy of a 3 game ban. One step going full speed after the ball glances off the intended receivers hands. His target area lowered like the league wanted. If Burfict played for the steelers he would be a league golden boy. Polamalu will be in the HoF and he was an enforcer in the middle. Burfict plays tough in the middle and the league suspends the heart of our D 3 games. Its a a load of shit. Mike Brown should be throwing a fit.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - guyofthetiger - 01-12-2016

What did Brady get for deflate gate and he cheated? Seems the NFL has favorites.

(01-12-2016, 12:27 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What did Brady get for deflate gate and he cheated? Seems the NFL has favorites.
Well.....at least the Patsies lost draft picks....Stoolers lost nothing for Tomlin running onto the field against Baltimore.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - TheLeonardLeap - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 12:27 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What did Brady get for deflate gate and he cheated? Seems the NFL has favorites.

Except he didn't cheat, because cold air reduces air pressure. Footballs, balloons, car tires, doesn't matter. Note the NFL didn't want to take air pressure readings from every game this year, they didn't want to take air pressure readings from the Vikings game, and they haven't released any numbers from their "random" testing.

If the NFL's accusations were backed up by the air pressure tests, we'd all sure as hell know about it because Roger would be screaming it from his soapbox.

Patriots got the air pressure tested, yet... Brady still an MVP candidate, Patriots still got a bye, Patriots still best in the league at fumble rate. Poor example to use a witchhunted team who's still fighting legal battles (and lost their 1st round pick) for nothing.

More like we're now in the same category as the Patriots in the NFL's eyes. We dared opposed their favorites. Steelers this year, Luck last year.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Joelist - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 12:35 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except he didn't cheat, because cold air reduces air pressure. Footballs, balloons, car tires, doesn't matter. Note the NFL didn't want to take air pressure readings from every game this year, they didn't want to take air pressure readings from the Vikings game, and they haven't released any numbers from their "random" testing.

If the NFL's accusations were backed up by the air pressure tests, we'd all sure as hell know about it because Roger would be screaming it from his soapbox.

Patriots got the air pressure tested, yet... Brady still an MVP candidate, Patriots still got a bye, Patriots still best in the league at fumble rate. Poor example to use a witchhunted team who's still fighting legal battles (and lost their 1st round pick) for nothing.

More like we're now in the same category as the Patriots in the NFL's eyes. We dared opposed their favorites. Steelers this year, Luck last year.

Agree the Patriots are a poor example. It wasn't just dumb luck that the NFL got laughed out of court on the suspension appeal.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - The Burfict Answer - 01-12-2016

The only reason it's 3 games is cuz Antonio brown is ok to go this week had burfict actually hurt him he'd be seeing more time.

I wish burfict would of actually gave the piece of shit a concussion. Then we could say he actually earned his concussion

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - StLucieBengal - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 01:43 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: The only reason it's 3 games is cuz Antonio brown is ok to go this week had burfict actually hurt him he'd be seeing more time.  

I wish burfict would of actually gave the piece of shit a concussion. Then we could say he actually earned his concussion

All this does is ensure the next time that he will get his money worth or he will go low and wreck knees.

Does anyone also find it odd that all of sudden earlier today shazier applogized to gio on social media and that now brown is back in concussion protocol after taking videos mad partying on social media last night?

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - SHRacerX - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would hope they wouldn't have us play any divisional opponents unless it's Cleveland.  

I imagine this gets changed.   Would also like to see some suspensions coming for the steelers.   Maybe the league is holding off until their season is over.

This will help you:  imagine the worst possible scenario for your team, now make it what you expect will happen, and that is what the NFL will do to the Bengals.  

They do the Burfict suspension to quiet the big dollar market morons known as steeler nation.  

They bias the announcing, the TV replays, and the media shows after the game to praise the steelers and curse the Bengals.  

There is no doubt whatsoever that the NFL will bias towards the largest fanbases and isn't the least bit ashamed over it.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Utts - 01-12-2016

Are you people not familiar with 55's history? He should have been suspended 3 games after the Panthers game last year. The fact he's just getting suspended now is surprising.

He's the one responsible, nobody else. The fact he chose to run into the tunnel and then try to cripple AB in a Nationally televised playoff game probably didn't help to keep his antics under the radar.

He's a thug and needs to be reeled in before he literally cripples someone.

Tez doesn't deserve nor warrant a suspension.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - cinci4life - 01-12-2016

This is a bunch of shit! Shazier's hit was 10x worse and actually illegal and not even flagged and he'll get nothing. AB really put himself in the position when he dropped his head. You could see it on replay that he saw Tez and then dropped his head in a likely attempt to get that flag which worked. AB should consider himself lucky Tez let up instead of really drilling him.

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - West Union KennyG - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 09:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hobson says the suspension will be appealed.

My first thought when I heard this.
You bet your buttocks!

RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - West Union KennyG - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 09:53 PM)TexasorBusted Wrote: It's BS...But even a 3 game suspension is worth it....I am proud to have Burfict on this team...Wish there were 53 Burficts...He gets it....He plays at a passion few in the NFL play...This is a war...That battle Saturday night had to happen....The Bengals actually bullied the bullies....And the Steelers hate it...We are the bullies now....Congrats Steelers for your Division Round exit...I will make that trade EVERY time...

If I could rep you 20,000 for that I would!!!
My new happy thought out of all this insanity.

(01-11-2016, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here is the Williams' thing:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-vontaze-burficts-shot-on-maxx-williams-drawing-scrutiny-20160110-story.html

I personally have no issue with the suspension; hopefully it gets reduced to 2 games, but Burfict has to learn.

I have never more emphatically disagreed with any post on any message board ever!!!
God, I hope Burfict never changes from exactly who he is.  He's one of the truly special pieces of this team!!!

(01-12-2016, 12:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He already did. He isnt ball tapping or twisting ankles anymore. He is hitting guys during the play. Incidental contact to a defenseless receiver isnt worthy of a 3 game ban. One step going full speed after the ball glances off the intended receivers hands. His target area lowered like the league wanted. If Burfict played for the steelers he would be a league golden boy. Polamalu will be in the HoF and he was an enforcer in the middle. Burfict plays tough in the middle and the league suspends the heart of our D 3 games. Its a a load of shit. Mike Brown should be throwing a fit.

This nails the "bigger picture" angle when considering that the league used his history against him here.

(01-12-2016, 01:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Does anyone also find it odd that all of sudden earlier today shazier applogized to gio on social media and that now brown is back in concussion  protocol after taking videos mad partying on social media last night?

Everytime I think I am getting over it, I read shit like this and I feel like I am going to lose it.  

Hate is a strong word, but I hate that team, the NFL, and every fat, uneducated moron that is such an obnoxious fan of that team.