Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Marshawn Lynch - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Marshawn Lynch (/Thread-Marshawn-Lynch)

Pages: 1 2

Marshawn Lynch - Trademark - 01-17-2016

Given Hill's recent struggles with fumbling if Lynch was to be done with the Seahawks do you think the Bengals should try and sign him ?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/1/17/10783414/marshawn-lynch-seahawks-future-contract-nfl

RE: Marshawn Lynch - milksheikh - 01-17-2016

Nah...

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-17-2016

Let's trade up and steal Ezekiel Elliot instead. Smirk

RE: Marshawn Lynch - TheLeonardLeap - 01-17-2016

Would love me some Beastmode. Don't see it happening, though. Don't think the Bengals will spend that kind of money in FA.

There's three teams that would probably be in on him. Cowboys, Colts, and Browns. Browns have nobody, I don't see any way the Colts keep Gore around to earn his $3m roster bonus, and the Cowboys are probably looking for someone who can handle more carries than McFadden, unless they get Elliot with the 4th overall pick.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Benton - 01-17-2016

(01-17-2016, 10:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would love me some Beastmode. Don't see it happening, though. Don't think the Bengals will spend that kind of money in FA.

There's three teams that would probably be in on him. Cowboys, Colts, and Browns. Browns have nobody, I don't see any way the Colts keep Gore around to earn his $3m roster bonus, and the Cowboys are probably looking for someone who can handle more carries than McFadden, unless they get Elliot with the 4th overall pick.

I don't think he leaves Seattle, but if so I'm guessing colts. Unless the browns break the bank, I think he'll want to get paid and be on a competitive team.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - bfine32 - 01-17-2016

Hell Rawls and Micheals are "Beast Mode" in that offense. Might have more to do with the D having to plan for the QB running than anything else.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Bengal Dude - 01-18-2016

(01-17-2016, 10:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't think he leaves Seattle, but if so I'm guessing colts. Unless the browns break the bank, I think he'll want to get paid and be on a competitive team.

When Rawls emerged this season, that spelled the end for Lynch. Seattle has been trying to find a replacement so they could get his salary off the books.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - RoyleRedlegs - 01-18-2016

Lynch and his salary can go anywhere else but here.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - BengalChris - 01-19-2016

(01-17-2016, 08:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Given Hill's recent struggles with fumbling if Lynch was to be done with the Seahawks do you think the Bengals should try and sign him ?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/1/17/10783414/marshawn-lynch-seahawks-future-contract-nfl

Nope. Not the kind of free agent the Bengals sign.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - CincyWestside - 01-19-2016

(01-19-2016, 01:38 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Nope. Not the kind of free agent the Bengals sign.

Agreed. I would give Hill one more year to figure it out before I even considered drafting a new RB or trying to find one as a FA.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - McC - 01-19-2016

(01-19-2016, 01:57 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Agreed. I would give Hill one more year to figure it out before I even considered drafting a new RB or trying to find one as a FA.

If there's a RB at the top of the board in any particular round, by all means, take him. 

Maybe Wilder, Jr. gets a closer look in TC.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Essex Johnson - 01-20-2016

(01-17-2016, 08:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Given Hill's recent struggles with fumbling if Lynch was to be done with the Seahawks do you think the Bengals should try and sign him ?

too much $$ for a over 30 RB that had a injury year.. 

Also I do believe blown out of proportion with Hill and fumbles, Hill had three regular season fumbles and i believe none the last 10 or so games.  Here are RB's that had more fumbles than Hill..  A pretty good list

Lacy, Gordon, Martin, Ivory, Gore, Starks, Williams.

As for fumbling inside 2 minutes left in the game.. the playoff fumble was his first  in his two years

We have two good young RB's that we still had on a cheap salary.. keep them intact

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Shake n Blake - 01-20-2016

3.8 ypc this year which was his worst average since 2010. He's 30 in April. Put 2+2 together.

Also, if you want a guy who doesn't fumble, Lynch had 14 fumbles from '12-14.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Essex Johnson - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 3.8 ypc this year which was his worst average since 2010. He's 30 in April. Put 2+2 together.

Also, if you want a guy who doesn't fumble, Lynch had 14 fumbles from '12-14.

totally agree.. good post

RE: Marshawn Lynch - J24 - 01-21-2016

Hill was tied for most rushing touchdowns in the league this past season. My god people get caught up in the silliest things we do not need a new starting RB this upcoming season we have two pretty good ones on the roster already.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Benton - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 01:14 AM)J24 Wrote: Hill was tied for most rushing touchdowns in the league this past season. My god people get caught up in the silliest things we do not need a new starting RB this upcoming season we have two pretty good ones on the roster already.

I'm just not a fan of the 3.6 YPC that goes along with it. If Hill is going to be used be a guy who gets 3 yards and drive it into the end zone, great... but he needs to have better hands for that role. 

Not that I think we should sign Lynch or anyone else.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - Shake n Blake - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 02:03 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm just not a fan of the 3.6 YPC that goes along with it. If Hill is going to be used be a guy who gets 3 yards and drive it into the end zone, great... but he needs to have better hands for that role. 

Not that I think we should sign Lynch or anyone else.

Hill had the 10th most carries in the NFL this season. Of the top 10, only Devonta Freeman fumbled less. 19 RB's had at least 3 fumbles, and many of those had fewer carries than Hill.

I agree that 3.6 YPC needs to improve though. He just wasn't breaking any of those big gainers this season, and those are what drives up your YPC. 

RE: Marshawn Lynch - XenoMorph - 01-21-2016

Not at his current price tag

RE: Marshawn Lynch - XenoMorph - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 01:14 AM)J24 Wrote: Hill was tied for most rushing touchdowns in the league this past season. My god people get caught up in the silliest things we do not need a new starting RB this upcoming season we have two pretty good ones on the roster already.

would be nice if he was more effective outside of the redzone with all the heavys on the field.

RE: Marshawn Lynch - reuben.ahmed - 01-21-2016

Hill and Gio over their career have roughly the same YPC. He needs to improve next year, and quickly.