Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Marvin Jones likely to Det - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Marvin Jones likely to Det (/Thread-Marvin-Jones-likely-to-Det)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Marvin Jones likely to Det - ochocincos - 03-09-2016

Saw Adam Schefter retweet this just now...
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/707571327947939840

With Calvin retiring, it's a great opportunity for Marvin Jones in that high passing offense in a dome.

Jones to Detroit - pally - 03-09-2016

Marvin Jones to sign with Detroit (damn you Megatron) per tweett by ESPN Dianna Russini

RE: Jones to Detroit - Au165 - 03-09-2016

When Megatron retired this seemed inevitable. They needed a #1 and he is the closest thing on the market to a #1. I am guessing his contract will be on the low end #1 with incentives to get him to mid tier.

RE: Jones to Detroit - pally - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: When Megatron retired this seemed inevitable. They needed a #1 and he is the closest thing on the market to a #1. I am guessing his contract will be on the low end #1 with incentives to get him to mid tier.

Personally, I suspect that Detroit is probably overpaying him in order to insure he signed and signed early

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-09-2016

Welp....that sucks....good luck Marvin....you're gonna need it.

Marvin Jones signed by detroit - fredtoast - 03-09-2016

Just reported on NFL Network

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Trademark - 03-09-2016

Way to go front office we can't just throw it to AJ Green....we've managed to lose possibly both Sanu and Jones....way to be cheap like always

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - nkets - 03-09-2016

For 8 million a year w'ull see ya

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Au165 - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: Way to go front office we can't just throw it to AJ Green....we've managed to lose possibly both Sanu and Jones....way to be cheap like always

You can't pay Jones 8 a year when paying AJ 15. That is far too much tied up in one position. Jones contract is a low end #1, as much as everyone wants him here the money doesn't work.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - jj22 - 03-09-2016

Good for Jones. At least it wasn't Cleveland.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Bengalbug - 03-09-2016

So if we lose (likely) jones and sanu... How would we feel about Wallace (let's say 1 year prove it deal)and boldin/colston/Greg Jennings/ Andre Johnson/ roddy white going into next year? Of course we also are going to draft a rookie but it wouldn't be as pressing a need so maybe you can draft a 2nd day receiver and not have to spend a first rounder.

If the bengals can get a Wallace on a 3-4 year deal, and also get a veteran on a 2 year deal, not only is WR not an issue but we could be looking at an upgrade overall for a couple years and we could still draft a receiver to develop...

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - pally - 03-09-2016

Supposedly, the offer from Detroit was $8 million/year. I haven't heard how long the contract is for. We thought he was over reaching to want $7 mil/year

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - BonnieBengal - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So if we lose (likely) jones and sanu... How would we feel about Wallace (let's say 1 year prove it deal)and boldin/colston/Greg Jennings/ Andre Johnson/ roddy white  going into next year?  Of course we also are going to draft a rookie but it wouldn't be as pressing a need so maybe you can draft a 2nd day receiver and not have to spend a first rounder.  

If the bengals can get a Wallace on a 3-4 year deal, and also get a veteran on a 2 year deal, not only is WR not an issue but we could be looking at an upgrade overall for a couple years and we could still draft a receiver to develop...

I hope we don't keep Sanu now that Jones is gone.  

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Au165 - 03-09-2016

I like Mike Wallace as a one trick pony deep threat opposite AJ then get someone for the slot. I think the problem is Wallace isn't a 1 and everyone wanted him to be a 1.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - BengalFanInNJ - 03-09-2016

**** you Detroit but thanks for the 3rd round Comp pick next year.
Congrats Marvin Jones. Good luck.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - jj22 - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:37 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So if we lose (likely) jones and sanu... How would we feel about Wallace (let's say 1 year prove it deal)and boldin/colston/Greg Jennings/ Andre Johnson/ roddy white  going into next year?  Of course we also are going to draft a rookie but it wouldn't be as pressing a need so maybe you can draft a 2nd day receiver and not have to spend a first rounder.  

I don't think any of these players would be considered upgrades, especially not Wallace who has disappointed in Minny and a cancer in Miami and is likely out the league.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Bengalbug - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: I like Mike Wallace as a one trick pony deep threat opposite AJ then get someone for the slot. I think the problem is Wallace isn't a 1 and everyone wanted him to be a 1.

Agreed... He is exactly what we wanted in jones.  Last year was an outlier.  Also wouldn't count against comp picks as he was cut

SEAS
TEAM
REC
RCYD
RCTD
MIN
MIA
MIA
PIT
PIT
PIT
PIT
TOT
7 yrs

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Who Dey Time - 03-09-2016

If it is 8-million a year good for Marvin. No way the Bengals could go to that level for their #2 receiver.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - Benton - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 11:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: Way to go front office we can't just throw it to AJ Green....we've managed to lose possibly both Sanu and Jones....way to be cheap like always

If it was in the $7-9 million range, we weren't going to pay that for our #3.

Same with Sanu. If the Pats or Titans offer him $4-6, we weren't going to pay that for our #4.

With Sanu, the number will probably come up as the money we budgeted for Marvin will get offered to Sanu. So if we were looking at $4-6 for Marvin, we're  probably getting closer to what the Pats or Titans are looking at.

RE: Marvin Jones likely to Det - BengalFanInNJ - 03-09-2016

I'd like to know what the Bengals front office had as a backup plan for the losses of Jones and Sanu.