Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ask Jim Owczarski - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ask Jim Owczarski (/Thread-Ask-Jim-Owczarski)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - PhilHos - 01-28-2016

I'm just curious, Jim, but are any of the Bengals (from front office to the players) as upset as the fans at the NFL at not only the no call on the Shazier hit on Bernard, but on Blandino's "explanation" of said call (i.e. that there's supposedly a "lining up" of the player aspect to the rule that's never been mentioned before ever nor is it actually in the wording of the rule)? Obviously, they were during and immediately after the game, but I'm more curious about their thoughts on Blandino's reasoning on why it was a good no call.

Thanks.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 02:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm just curious, Jim, but are any of the Bengals (from front office to the players) as upset as the fans at the NFL at not only the no call on the Shazier hit on Bernard, but on Blandino's "explanation" of said call (i.e. that there's supposedly a "lining up" of the player aspect to the rule that's never been mentioned before ever nor is it actually in the wording of the rule)? Obviously, they were during and immediately after the game, but I'm more curious about their thoughts on Blandino's reasoning on why it was a good no call.

Thanks.

Great question, especially given the flag thrown in Denver vs New England when the Denver DB did the same thing to the NE RB

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - PhilHos - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 02:43 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Great question, especially given the flag thrown in Denver vs New England when the Denver DB did the same thing to the NE RB

The worst part, IMO, is that they'll most likely "change" the rules this offseason so that now ANY helmet-to-helmet contact will be a penalty or any other some such bullshit that will somehow NOW make the Shazier hit a penalty even though a clear reading of the rules states that it was already a penalty.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The worst part, IMO, is that they'll most likely "change" the rules this offseason so that now ANY helmet-to-helmet contact will be a penalty or any other some such bullshit that will somehow NOW make the Shazier hit a penalty even though a clear reading of the rules states that it was already a penalty.

They will wait until a more important player gets hit like that

(Palmer 05, they waited until Brady got hurt)

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - fredtoast - 01-29-2016

Is Chuck Smith going to be helping the Bengals again this year?

Did any of the players give him any credit for their improvement? he is supposed to be a pass rush guru.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 02-05-2016

Hey y'all!
Took a bit of a break, hit the Senior Bowl, now moving into draft and free agency stuff. Here ya go since my last visit:

In your opinion, was the Bryant TD a catch?

What’s funny is I thought back to the Dez Bryant catch/non-catch in Green Bay two years ago. I covered that game, too. To me, no, M. Bryant was not a catch. I also didn’t think Jeff Janis’ Hail Mary was a catch. It’s like, suddenly, the rule changed again to say you can bobble it, move it around, but as long as it stays in your hands you’re good. What’s crazy is the NFL said they’re not going to review the catch rule this offseason.

what's the skinny on Jay Hayes leaving?/ any idea why some of our coaches are leaving for lateral positions?

Simply, Hayes got a better offer elsewhere. Burke was buddies with VJ – they came in together, their contracts expired together. I think the Bengals knew VJ would take him. As for Carrier, I think they just felt it was time. Remember, they brought in VJ to help that area to begin with.

would Andy have been able to go yesterday (Sat.) vs. NE or was that all wishful thinking?

After seeing him after the WC game, wishful thinking. I think the AFC title game would have been a slow go, full go for SB.

What is the scoop on the connections with Porter and the steelers with the ref that flagged Jones ?

Buddy Horton is the brother of former Bengal player and Steelers coach (and now Browns DC) Ray Horton. Honestly, he should be allowed to be an official. But, just for appearances sake, it might be best to keep him out of the AFC North.

Do you know if the Bengals will be selling tickets for the London game?

You know, I’ve asked – but never gotten an answer. I’ll try to find out.

I'm wondering if there are any players who were on IR this year or at least who didn't get much playtime who look set to break out next year? James Wright maybe?

Wright is really the only guy. I updated Darqueze Dennard’s situation here. Brandon Thompson is hoping his ACL recovery only takes 6-9 months, but I’m told the team really liked his get off the line, and of course they’re not sure that might be affected now. Wright, potentially, will get a chance to be a gunner on punt coverage, and kick return. But he has to earn that, for sure.

but are any of the Bengals (from front office to the players) as upset as the fans at the NFL at not only the no call on the Shazier hit on Bernard, but on Blandino's "explanation" of said call (i.e. that there's supposedly a "lining up" of the player aspect to the rule that's never been mentioned before ever nor is it actually in the wording of the rule)

I wish I could expound on this – but simply, YES.

that they'll most likely "change" the rules this offseason so that now ANY helmet-to-helmet contact will be a penalty or any other some such bullshit that will somehow NOW make the Shazier hit a penalty even though a clear reading of the rules states that it was already a penalty.

Honestly, I think … YES.

Is Chuck Smith going to be helping the Bengals again this year? Did any of the players give him any credit for their improvement?

I’m sure if they seek him out. No one specifically spoke about him to me, though. I did see guys tweet at him, or he RTd guys. But I didn’t watch it that closely. Good thing to track for next spring.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - BURROWorBUST - 02-05-2016

So, what are your thoughts on FA & the draft, Jim.

I hope they do their best to keep this team together. I know, realistically, that we might lose one or two guys, but the draft class looks like it would more than help us replace Sanu (Braxton Miller) and/or M. Jones (Josh Doctson). I think we're more likely to invest money in keeping our best defensive players (i.e., our safeties, PacMan, and V. Rey).

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - PhilHos - 02-10-2016

(02-05-2016, 01:06 PM)jowczarski Wrote: but are any of the Bengals (from front office to the players) as upset as the fans at the NFL at not only the no call on the Shazier hit on Bernard, but on Blandino's "explanation" of said call (i.e. that there's supposedly a "lining up" of the player aspect to the rule that's never been mentioned before ever nor is it actually in the wording of the rule)

I wish I could expound on this – but simply, YES.

So do the rest of us. LOL

Any chance at all you could expound using generalities? Or send it to me via a PM and I promise not to divulge what you said? I'll even pinky swear, cross my heart and EVERYTHING! ThumbsUp

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - J24 - 02-12-2016

Do you foresee either Atkins or Dunlap holding out for money this offseason? If you look at their respective deals they are severely underpaid compared to other top players at their positions.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 02-27-2016

Sorry for the absence - but definitely took some time off.

J24: No, no holdouts. They knew what they were doing when they signed and the Bengals won't have an issue offering a second contract when tha time comes.

Shady: As for the draft, it's near impossible to tell before free agency. If M. Jones comes back, that change the 'need' for WR. If A.Jones/Nelson/Iloka come back ... same can be said for the secondary. By talking to the staff this week, they like how deep the draft is on the defensive side of the ball.
But, my gut feel says M.Jones/G.Iloka get offers that the Bengals may not be willing to match/exceed with so many teams with so much cap room available.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 04:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Sorry for the absence - but definitely took some time off.

J24: No, no holdouts. They knew what they were doing when they signed and the Bengals won't have an issue offering a second contract when tha time comes.

Shady: As for the draft, it's near impossible to tell before free agency. If M. Jones comes back, that change the 'need' for WR. If A.Jones/Nelson/Iloka come back ... same can be said for the secondary. By talking to the staff this week, they like how deep the draft is on the defensive side of the ball.
But, my gut feel says M.Jones/G.Iloka get offers that the Bengals may not be willing to match/exceed with so many teams with so much cap room available.

Why does this team seem so content making lateral moves then wondering why they can't get out of the first round but keep wanting fans to stay tuned? 

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-04-2016

(02-27-2016, 04:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Sorry for the absence - but definitely took some time off.

I thought I read the Bengals have the 6th most cap room going into free agency. Not sure if I remember correctly and with some players getting cut recently the ranking may have changed. Where do the Bengals stand with cap space compared to other teams?

Nevermind, I should have read your article first. Thanks for your report.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 03-05-2016

RoyleRedlegs: I get you. Let's go hypothetical; wild. Let's say they decide to gamble on having no injuries, and allow just $1 million for the injury pool. Let's just say they decide to forego team policy and not roll over any of the money for next year...meaning that Dre, Zeit, Gio, Hill, Hewitt, Whit, Burkhead and Shawn Williams will not get extension and get to this point as UFAs. That also means no extension for Eifert, who would play 2017 under his fifth year option. They cut Maualuga/Hawk and Peko for an extra $7 million. Let's say that.

So, that would add about $20 million to the pool for free agency this year. So let's say they re-sign Marvin Jones, Iloka and Adam Jones - the top dollar guys (Sanu would have to walk).

So...what's the big splash, go for it all type move?

RB: Matt Forte or Doug Martin? That means trading Jeremy Hill or Gio? Are either of those impact acquisitions to really go nuts? If somehow each replicates their best seasons they're about as effective as both Hill and Bernard combined, statistically. Is that an upgrade worth tens of millions?

WR: Jones is the top target on the market with Jeffery tagged. Technically a big "splash."

TE: Not needed in this offense, but for s** and giggles, let's say they sign an aging Antonio Gates or Vernon Davis, or another young tight end like Ladarius Webb...what does that do w/ Green, Eifert and Jones now back?

OL: Alex Mack? Does a 30-year old center get you to the Super Bowl?

RT: Bring back Andre Smith? Does old and hurt Jake Long or Okung over Ogbuehi send 'em over the top?

DE: Mario Williams? (31). Charles Johnson? (29, two years of declining production). Bruce Irvin?
If so, this means Michael Johnson is what? Your base only run stopping DE at $6 million per? OK...but this is a situation that may become
untenable going into 2017, creating potential cap issues...Also risk alienating Dunlap, the younger, better DE who is making less $$.
DT: Malik Jackson to play next to Geno? Ngata? Fairley? Raji?
Can you allot nearly $20-25 million to two d-tackles? Atkins is making the big money of his deal this year and next?
DE/OLB: Greg Hardy? JPP? Aldon Smith? Hali? (32)
Not to mention questionable production, huge character concerns in a locker room that gets along.
LB: Jerrell Freeman? Trevathan?
Now, I'll agree here -- but can these guys play the middle of a 4-3 for three downs? I dunno. But you're right, this is probably the area where
a splash would be nice.
CB: No need for a corner if Jones is back.

I'm not knocking the premise or the frustration. I guess what I'm saying is that I think "big splashes" in FA are overrated and more often than not underwhelming. Denver did it in 2014 and it paid off in 2015. Now, they are paying the piper. But, they won - it's worth it. But honestly, are Talib/Ware/Ward out there in this class? And honestly, does this team need that?

I don't know what the answer is. I could care less what the team does or doesn't do, to be honest, but I get it -- free agency is fun. Big names are fun. And, occasionally, they're impactful.

I do think that this team could use that impact middle linebacker and more QB pressure opposite Dunlap - but when you break down this season, could you say that that made the difference? At least in 2015, it was the starting quarterback getting hurt. Not a single playoff team wins if that happens to them. The previous four, I can't say - I wasn't here every year.

But let's say you empty all that cash to re-sign those guys or empty the bank for say, Trevathan and Mario Williams and Alex Mack. Then you don't win. Now, you've got just as many free agents, two other disgruntled defensive ends who were team guys, and no extra cash to help extend the tight end...end up really getting backed into a corner in 2017. I know, I know...but as someone who covered the Packers for years and watched teams who throw money at free agents (Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Miami, Dallas, Washington, etc.) implode year after year after year...I can't help but think it's not the worst strategy...

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Wes Mantooth - 03-05-2016

I had some questions that appear to have been deleted, which seems a tad odd, but I digress. I'll limit it to one this time and try to a better job of making it more team friendly for Jim.

Jim, why don't we see other teams across the league budgeting huge chunks of cap space towards things like the rookie pool, injury settlements, the offseason program, the practice squad, etc.?

Curious to see if I get a reply, as it seems like a perfectly acceptable question. How do other teams do it? Why are they ignoring paying the rookies and practice squad players? Do they not have offseason programs?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - BengalChris - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 12:05 AM)jowczarski Wrote: RoyleRedlegs: I get you. Let's go hypothetical; wild. Let's say they decide to gamble on having no injuries, and allow just $1 million for the injury pool. Let's just say they decide to forego team policy and not roll over any of the money for next year...meaning that Dre, Zeit, Gio, Hill, Hewitt, Whit, Burkhead and Shawn Williams will not get extension and get to this point as UFAs. That also means no extension for Eifert, who would play 2017 under his fifth year option. They cut Maualuga/Hawk and Peko for an extra $7 million. Let's say that.

Jim, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Dre, Zeitler, Gio, Whit, Burkhead and Shawn Williams are all going to be heading into the 2017 season as free agents as it is. Look for Eifert to be the team's primary target for an extension. Gio, Zietler, Williams and Kirkpatrick will be like Marvin Jones, George Iloka, Adam Jones and Sanu are this year.

If Eifert costs too much, the Bengals will exercise his 5th year option and try to extend someone else.

Hill is already under contract for 2017, so he's not part of the discussion yet.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 12:05 AM)jowczarski Wrote: RoyleRedlegs: I get you. Let's go hypothetical; wild. Let's say they decide to gamble on having no injuries, and allow just $1 million for the injury pool. Let's just say they decide to forego team policy and not roll over any of the money for next year...meaning that Dre, Zeit, Gio, Hill, Hewitt, Whit, Burkhead and Shawn Williams will not get extension and get to this point as UFAs. That also means no extension for Eifert, who would play 2017 under his fifth year option. They cut Maualuga/Hawk and Peko for an extra $7 million. Let's say that.

So, that would add about $20 million to the pool for free agency this year. So let's say they re-sign Marvin Jones, Iloka and Adam Jones - the top dollar guys (Sanu would have to walk).

So...what's the big splash, go for it all type move?

RB: Matt Forte or Doug Martin? That means trading Jeremy Hill or Gio? Are either of those impact acquisitions to really go nuts? If somehow each replicates their best seasons they're about as effective as both Hill and Bernard combined, statistically. Is that an upgrade worth tens of millions?

WR: Jones is the top target on the market with Jeffery tagged. Technically a big "splash."

TE: Not needed in this offense, but for s** and giggles, let's say they sign an aging Antonio Gates or Vernon Davis, or another young tight end like Ladarius Webb...what does that do w/ Green, Eifert and Jones now back?

OL: Alex Mack? Does a 30-year old center get you to the Super Bowl?

RT: Bring back Andre Smith? Does old and hurt Jake Long or Okung over Ogbuehi send 'em over the top?  

DE: Mario Williams? (31). Charles Johnson? (29, two years of declining production). Bruce Irvin?
     If so, this means Michael Johnson is what? Your base only run stopping DE at $6 million per? OK...but this is a situation that may become
     untenable going into 2017, creating potential cap issues...Also risk alienating Dunlap, the younger, better DE who is making less $$.
DT: Malik Jackson to play next to Geno? Ngata? Fairley? Raji?
     Can you allot nearly $20-25 million to two d-tackles? Atkins is making the big money of his deal this year and next?
DE/OLB: Greg Hardy? JPP? Aldon Smith?  Hali? (32)
            Not to mention questionable production, huge character concerns in a locker room that gets along.
LB: Jerrell Freeman? Trevathan?
    Now, I'll agree here -- but can these guys play the middle of a 4-3 for three downs? I dunno. But you're right, this is probably the area where
    a splash would be nice.
CB: No need for a corner if Jones is back.

I'm not knocking the premise or the frustration. I guess what I'm saying is that I think "big splashes" in FA are overrated and more often than not underwhelming. Denver did it in 2014 and it paid off in 2015. Now, they are paying the piper. But, they won - it's worth it. But honestly, are Talib/Ware/Ward out there in this class? And honestly, does this team need that?

I don't know what the answer is. I could care less what the team does or doesn't do, to be honest, but I get it -- free agency is fun. Big names are fun. And, occasionally, they're impactful.

I do think that this team could use that impact middle linebacker and more QB pressure opposite Dunlap - but when you break down this season, could you say that that made the difference? At least in 2015, it was the starting quarterback getting hurt. Not a single playoff team wins if that happens to them. The previous four, I can't say - I wasn't here every year.

But let's say you empty all that cash to re-sign those guys or empty the bank for say, Trevathan and Mario Williams and Alex Mack. Then you don't win. Now, you've got just as many free agents, two other disgruntled defensive ends who were team guys, and no extra cash to help extend the tight end...end up really getting backed into a corner in 2017. I know, I know...but as someone who covered the Packers for years and watched teams who throw money at free agents (Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Miami, Dallas, Washington, etc.) implode year after year after year...I can't help but think it's not the worst strategy...

First, let me clarify I am not, nor have I ever been a proponent of blowing the FA wad so to speak.
But to let two 26 year old players in the prime of their careers walk over an overblown injury pool and dead money pool (we have no dead money) and some other silliness...is about as spinning tires as you can be. 

I don't want the moon. I don't want a crazy signing. Antwan Odom level? Good not great. 

Just fill a hole instead of relying on the draft and no one getting hurt. 
It doesn't have to be a superstar. 
If Jones and Iloka do walk, fill another spot in FA without just signing a retread from some team hoping you catch lightning in a bottle...again. 

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 03-05-2016

Jim, why don't we see other teams across the league budgeting huge chunks of cap space towards things like the rookie pool, injury settlements, the offseason program, the practice squad, etc.?

Banner said each team allots $6-7 million to the rookie pool. It's the injury pool and carry over that changes team to team. Injury pool is totally private - a team would have to release that info to the media. The practice squad is standard and collectively bargained for every team - it's just over $100K per player x 10 players. There is a very, very small percentage of teams that will offer a single player a little more to sign to their squad over another. Offseason program is individual. The Bengals work those into bonuses because while not "technically" guaranteed, they kind of are. Every player is going to get that workout bonus.
The carryover is uniform , the NFLPA releases that. Also varies team to team. Seattle only rolled over $11K to use on free agents / extensions mocked up in 2015. Bengals always roll over a big amount, from what I understand.

t Dre, Zeitler, Gio, Whit, Burkhead and Shawn Williams are all going to be heading into the 2017 season as free agents as it is. Look for Eifert to be the team's primary target for an extension. Gio, Zietler, Williams and Kirkpatrick will be like Marvin Jones, George Iloka, Adam Jones and Sanu are this year.

Sorry about Hill - forgot he's a year behind Gio. They want to extend Eifert. He's priority one. But I go by past history + Eifert's injury history and to me, I think they just pick up the option and try to extend him like they did Green in two years. And they want to extend a couple of those guys - I have been told that directly. Now, does a deal get done? Not necessarily. But what works in their favor is this - there is no A.J. Green to get done. Green's deal had to be done before anyone else, and it went to their deadline of week 1. Now, I don't know where Whit's extension money came from -- maybe it was some leftover from the carry over, maybe it was pulled from the injury pool .. it's not their responsibility to tell us and frankly no one would know but the Bengals. But I can try and find out.

I get you Royle - chalk it up to some Twitter mention fatigue :-)

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Wes Mantooth - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 05:30 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Jim, why don't we see other teams across the league budgeting huge chunks of cap space towards things like the rookie pool, injury settlements, the offseason program, the practice squad, etc.?

Banner said each team allots $6-7 million to the rookie pool. It's the injury pool and carry over that changes team to team. Injury pool is totally private - a team would have to release that info to the media. The practice squad is standard and collectively bargained for every team - it's just over $100K per player x 10 players. There is a very, very small percentage of teams that will offer a single player a little more to sign to their squad over another. Offseason program is individual. The Bengals work those into bonuses because while not "technically" guaranteed, they kind of are. Every player is going to get that workout bonus.
The carryover is uniform , the NFLPA releases that. Also varies team to team. Seattle only rolled over $11K to use on free agents / extensions mocked up in 2015. Bengals always roll over a big amount, from what I understand.

Jim, I think where much of the confusion lies for some of us is why a lot of things are brought up (By Geoff) when discussing the cap.  I'm not sure what the practice squad has to do with our cap space.  And while I don't doubt each team, depending on where they draft, has 6-7 million budgeted for rookies, I don't understand what that figure has to do with our remaining cap dollars.

Say we draft 7 rookies.  Only 3-5 of them are going to count against the cap (Top 51).  So while the total for all of their respective 2016 salaries is in that range (6-7 mil) it's not what will count against us.  And the biggest thing I take issue with him writing it in the way he does is he never accounts for who these rookies will replace.  Some incoming players will mean existing players will come off the books.  Veterans gets cut, all of who usually make more than the 2nd and 3rd round guys. So I mean, really, how much are we adding (if anything at all)?

It just seems a tad dishonest. If he were writing about the total payroll of the 2016 rookie class, then yeah, sure, it's right on the money.  Setting that amount to the side makes zero sense though.

Fwiw, I thought many of these teams had those bonuses already accounted for in the "likely to be earned" category?

All I'm saying is plenty of teams are up against the cap every year.  Say within 5 mil.  I can't think of any team that just sets aside the money we do for these expenses.  And why the team's writer (again, Geoff) references practice squad salaries I don't know.  It seems as relevant to the cap conversation as toiletries and things like a Cincinnati Water Works bill.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Shake n Blake - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 02:40 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: First, let me clarify I am not, nor have I ever been a proponent of blowing the FA wad so to speak.
But to let two 26 year old players in the prime of their careers walk over an overblown injury pool and dead money pool (we have no dead money) and some other silliness...is about as spinning tires as you can be. 

I don't want the moon. I don't want a crazy signing. Antwan Odom level? Good not great. 

Just fill a hole instead of relying on the draft and no one getting hurt. 
It doesn't have to be a superstar. 
If Jones and Iloka do walk, fill another spot in FA without just signing a retread from some team hoping you catch lightning in a bottle...again. 

This is where I'm at. If we resign everyone, it won't be realistic to want much more in FA. I'd expect a typical Bengals FA period, and I'd be ok with that.

Now if MLJ and Iloka walk, I would want the Bengals to make a serious effort to replace at least one of them via FA. Preferably MLJ because Shawn Williams looks good and rookie WRs often take time to develop. Trevathan would be nice too, but that's a pipe dream. Btw...isn't it a little sad that a mid-tier FA like Trevathan is just a pipe dream for Bengals fans? Ugh.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Benton - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 11:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is where I'm at. If we resign everyone, it won't be realistic to want much more in FA. I'd expect a typical Bengals FA period, and I'd be ok with that.

Now if MLJ and Iloka walk, I would want the Bengals to make a serious effort to replace at least one of them via FA. Preferably MLJ because Shawn Williams looks good and rookie WRs often take time to develop. Trevathan would be nice too, but that's a pipe dream. Btw...isn't it a little sad that a mid-tier FA like Trevathan is just a pipe dream for Bengals fans? Ugh.

That's the line for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If we sign everybody this year, I'll be happy. We don't need some big free agent coming in this year, just our own guys and somebody to shore up DT and maybe a little CB/WR depth. If we get that through FA or the draft, I'll be ecstatic.