Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
i would like to share a song - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: i would like to share a song (/Thread-i-would-like-to-share-a-song)

i would like to share a song - Devils Advocate - 04-22-2016

I love you all, each and every one of you, sincerely. 

Please leave me some feedback. 

RE: i would like to share a song - Bengalzona - 04-22-2016

Very nice!

I especially like the guitar work. The vocals are good also, but there seems to be some kind of metallic type echo to them. Seems like they could be a little more exposed in this style and that that would work. I also thought the drummer could do a little more too. Maybe something with brushes. I dunno.

But if I sound a little critical, it's not meant to be demoralizing. Just making suggestions on little nit-picky stuff. It's an excellent song and well done! ThumbsUp

RE: i would like to share a song - Donnyho - 04-22-2016

Love this song. Don't know how many times I listened to it in the summer of '08, but it was a lot.

RE: i would like to share a song - Devils Advocate - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 11:03 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Love this song. Don't know how many times I listened to it in the summer of '08, but it was a lot.

Wow! 

It's that old?

I just discovered it. I can't stop listening  

RE: i would like to share a song - Devils Advocate - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 10:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Very nice!

I especially like the guitar work. The vocals are good also, but there seems to be some kind of metallic type echo to them. Seems like they could be a little more exposed in this style and that that would work. I also thought the drummer could do a little more too. Maybe something with brushes. I dunno.

But if I sound a little critical, it's not meant to be demoralizing. Just making suggestions on little nit-picky stuff. It's an excellent song and well done!  ThumbsUp

Thank you for replying. It means a lot to me that you did. 

You too Donny 

RE: i would like to share a song - Tiger Teeth - 04-24-2016

I'm not buying it. Sorry.

RE: i would like to share a song - Benton - 04-24-2016

Been on my Pandora rotation for a while. Good song. Birdy does a nice cover.

RE: i would like to share a song - Devils Advocate - 04-24-2016

I haven't listened to the Birdy version. I did listen Ed shearen(sp?) version. Didn't think it was any good. 

RE: i would like to share a song - Devils Advocate - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not buying it.  Sorry.

Dude, separate these threads. One has nothing to do with the other. 

It's a very very good song. 

RE: i would like to share a song - xxlt - 04-25-2016

It didn't do it for me. I don't know what you call the voicing - falsetto? - but I just didn't care for it.

And it kind of surprises me because I tend to like folk/indie artists who create their own sound vs the mass produced crap on Clear Channel.

I almost never listen to commercial radio. It is usually NPR, independent, or a CD playing in the house or the car. I do believe DA loves us all, and I appreciate anyone sharing new music with me. Or, as someone pointed out, old music but music that is new to me. So, thanks for sharing but I am not a fan of this sound.

RE: i would like to share a song - Benton - 04-25-2016

(04-24-2016, 11:24 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I haven't listened to the Birdy version. I did listen Ed shearen(sp?) version. Didn't think it was any good. 

It's just a chick with a piano. Birdy's voice is a bit high for some, but you can hear the words a lot clearer. I like the rustic quality of Justin Vernon's voice, especially in this song, but sometimes I wish he would sober up when he records.

RE: i would like to share a song - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-30-2016

Man, dude bro just listening to this while contemplating the picks. MY MY MY...

Love yah man. Rock On

RE: i would like to share a song - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-30-2016

If DA wants me to be critical i would say something but this is the best type of music coming out today in my opinion.

I am an Alt metal Fan/Heavy guy with a lot of folk in me. I want to put my first album out badly soon BTW.

Just i have to get my music copyrighted before i do so.

Love the song DA.

RE: i would like to share a song - magikod - 05-01-2016

(04-22-2016, 10:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Very nice!

But if I sound a little critical, it's not meant to be demoralizing. Just making suggestions on little nit-picky stuff. It's an excellent song and well done!  ThumbsUp

I love your sig man! Long live Keith!!!

RE: i would like to share a song - BengalsRocker - 05-01-2016

(04-30-2016, 10:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If DA wants me to be critical i would say something but this is the best type of music coming out today in my opinion.

I am an Alt metal Fan/Heavy guy with a lot of folk in me. I want to put my first album out badly soon BTW.

Just i have to get my music copyrighted before i do so.

Love the song DA.

Shocked

[Image: pumkin-bikini-worst-halloween-costumes.jpg]"Sup"