Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** (/Thread-OFFICIAL-NFL-DRAFT-DAY-THREAD)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Okeana - 04-29-2016

im really excited for the rest of this draft. I feel talent runs real deep and you can get valuable players all the way into the 6th - 7th rounds. I am really hoping for shepard in the 2nd or possibly one of the defensive line guys depending on who falls. I had also predicted that we may take Hunter Henry if he drops to us in round 2 to give us a true double tight end set.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: im really excited for the rest of this draft.  I feel talent runs real deep and you can get valuable players all the way into the 6th - 7th rounds.  I am really hoping for shepard in the 2nd or possibly one of the defensive line guys depending on who falls.  I had also predicted that we may take Hunter Henry if he drops to us in round 2 to give us a true double tight end set.

Crazy how many good players are still around. Bound to have one of them fall to us.

Can't believe Reed, Rankins, Billings, Henry are still around and many others.

Wouldn't mind the Henry pick at all. It would be BPA for sure and would help Dalton which is what we all are really after right?

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2016

If anyone wants to get a jump on scouting the 2018 NFL Draft, here you go:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/CB

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Joelist - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 05:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We might be able to get someone like Glasgow in 3rd or 4th. I think that he was a pretty good center honestly, and he can play guard too.

In other words another cut rate solution. We won't find our Center by trolling the late rounds, we need a blue chipper. The Colts recognized that and did the right thing, and we could have EASILY traded up right in front of them and gotten Kelly.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 04:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: In other words another cut rate solution. We won't find our Center by trolling the late rounds, we need a blue chipper. The Colts recognized that and did the right thing, and we could have EASILY traded up right in front of them and gotten Kelly.

EASILY huh. Don't know about that. I want a blue chip Center as much as anyone but you sound a little dramatic Joelist.

If Kelly fell to us i doubt we would of picked him, just the way the coaches are. Don't like it but i doubt they, namely PA
would ever admit they, namely PA got it wrong with Bodine. Drafting a Center in the first would be exactly that.

There are still a lot of good Centers in this draft, Glasgow is one of them, Martin is one, Allen is another.

I hope we pick up one of these guys. But it wouldn't surprise me if we don't draft a Center at all. Bogus but wouldn't
surprise me.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: EASILY huh. Don't know about that. I want a blue chip Center as much as anyone but you sound a little dramatic Joelist.

If Kelly fell to us i doubt we would of picked him, just the way the coaches are. Don't like it but i doubt they, namely PA
would ever admit they, namely PA got it wrong with Bodine. Drafting a Center in the first would be exactly that.

There are still a lot of good Centers in this draft, Glasgow is one of them, Martin is one, Allen is another.

I hope we pick up one of these guys. But it wouldn't surprise me if we don't draft a Center at all. Bogus but wouldn't
surprise me.

I could see them drafting a swingman type OL later on in the draft instead of a pure center. For better or worse, I think Bodine will be the guy next year. 

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Beaker - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 04:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: In other words another cut rate solution. We won't find our Center by trolling the late rounds, we need a blue chipper. The Colts recognized that and did the right thing, and we could have EASILY traded up right in front of them and gotten Kelly.

Sure am glad youre not our GM.

(04-29-2016, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: EASILY huh. Don't know about that. I want a blue chip Center as much as anyone but you sound a little dramatic Joelist.

surprise me.

I like Evan Boehm.  If we can land him in the 4th I would be happy with the pick.  I heard some people saying we should have traded up to get kelly, but reasonably thats atleast a 3rd round pick which could land us a guy like Hargraves,.  Would you give up WJ3 and Hargraves for kelly ? probably not.  That said I really liked Kelly and if he would have fallen its not out of our wheelhouse to take a guy who can play guard or center in the first round.  I do agree however that its probably not in our cards to draft a center because for some reason they like bodine.  

(04-29-2016, 05:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sure am glad youre not our GM.

Agreed.  The colts didn't move up to draft him.  Its totally unreasonable that we would move up that many picks for a center.

(04-29-2016, 04:35 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I could see them drafting a swingman type OL later on in the draft instead of a pure center. For better or worse, I think Bodine will be the guy next year. 

Isaac Seumolo from Oregon State seems the type in the 6th

(04-29-2016, 05:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: I like Evan Boehm.  If we can land him in the 4th I would be happy with the pick.  I heard some people saying we should have traded up to get kelly, but reasonably thats atleast a 3rd round pick which could land us a guy like Hargraves,.  Would you give up WJ3 and Hargraves for kelly ? probably not.  That said I really liked Kelly and if he would have fallen its not out of our wheelhouse to take a guy who can play guard or center in the first round.  I do agree however that its probably not in our cards to draft a center because for some reason they like bodine.  

I really like Boehm as well and agree completely with everything you said.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - Bengal Dude - 04-29-2016

Seems like Boyd, Thomas, and Shepherd are the options for us in the second, according to Lap. He made it sound like they would dance their way up to the podium if Thomas is available.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - StoneTheCrow - 04-29-2016

Cleveland is going to take Jack.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - TKUHL - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Cleveland is going to take Jack.

Might as well they have the picks to take a chance on him and Jaylon Smith

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - ShowMeUrTDs - 04-29-2016

Tennessee is going to all but guarantee a receiver we would want in this round is gone....with three picks in front of us.

Ogbah to the Stains.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - TKUHL - 04-29-2016

And there goes our edge rusher

I'm thinking after the Manziel and Josh Gordon disasters Cleveland is going to stay away from character risks.

RE: ***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD*** - WrongVerb - 04-29-2016

Jaylon Smith selected before Jack? Wow!

Henry a Charger.

(04-29-2016, 08:23 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: Jaylon Smith selected before Jack? Wow!

The Jack injury is super scary.