Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor (/Thread-Trump-retweets-photo-with-anti-LGBT-pastor)

Pages: 1 2

Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - GMDino - 06-19-2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-robert-jeffress-tweet-lgbt-224496

Quote:Donald Trump has spent the week stating his support for the LGBT community in the wake of the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, remarking that he is a better ally than Hillary Clinton, whom he has repeatedly attacked for accepting donations from governments hostile to LGBT rights on behalf of the Clinton Foundation.

"Hillary Clinton can never claim to be a friend of the gay community as long as she continues to support immigration policies that bring Islamic extremists into our country and who suppress women, gays and anyone else who doesn't share their views or values," Trump said during a speech Monday, a day after 49 people were killed in a gay nightclub in Orlando.

But a photo posted to Twitter on Thursday night showed the presumptive Republican nominee with someone decidedly opposed to LGBT rights.

Robert Jeffress, a pastor from Dallas known for his anti-LGBT sentiment, shared a photo in which he posed with Trump at the candidate’s rally at Gilley's, the city's famous honky-tonk.

“Honored to pray for my friend, @realDonaldTrump, at tonight’s Dallas rally,” Jeffress tweeted, along with a photo in which they both held their thumbs up. Trump retweeted the image on Friday.

[Image: 061916.jpg]

The First Baptist Church pastor in February 2015 was quoted as saying the gay rights movement “will pave the way for that future world dictator, the Antichrist, to persecute and martyr Christians without any repercussions whatsoever.”

Jeffress last month celebrated his state's leaders' decision to refuse to comply with President Barack Obama's directive to create more accessibility for transgender students in public schools, saying "it’s time for an all-out rebellion against this absolute tyranny of the Obama administration.”

“It comes down to money, Todd, that’s what it’s about,” Jeffress told Todd Starnes on Fox News Radio. “And when states are being faced with the loss of business, they tend to fold real quickly. And I’ve said often that the greatest threat to freedom of religion in America is not ISIS, it’s the Chamber of Commerce. I mean, it’s the businesses that say to our representatives, ‘Oh, don’t pass laws like that, don’t pass these religious freedom laws because people will interpret that as anti-gay and we’ll lose business.’”

After the Supreme Court last summer ruled same-sex marriage legal, Jeffress said he believed "our culture will get increasingly darker," adding that the decision was "ultimately irrelevant."

"The Judge of all of the universe has already issued His decision: marriage should be reserved for one man and one woman. And there is no appealing that verdict," he responded.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - BigPapaKain - 06-19-2016

When the entire campaign is built on hate, you'd best double down when you win the nomination.

Excuse me, default the nomination.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Nebuchadnezzar - 06-19-2016

I keep hoping and praying that during the Republican Convention in Cleveland, Donald Trump walks to the microphone after he gets the nomination and says,

"Thank you, thank you,

I am both honored and humbled by winning the nomination to run on the Republican Ticket for president of the United States. It's been a dream of mine since for as long as I can remember but I have to decline and will support whoever comes out of this convention as the Republican candidate."

And walks off stage never to be heard from again.

I know it won't happen.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Vas Deferens - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 10:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote:  I keep hoping and praying that during the Republican Convention in Cleveland, Donald Trump walks to the microphone after he gets the nomination and says,

"Thank you, thank you,

I am both honored and humbled by winning the nomination to run on the Republican Ticket for president of the United States. It's been a dream of mine since for as long as I can remember but I have to decline and will support whoever comes out of this convention as the Republican candidate."

I know it won't happen.

Unfortunately your scenario is more likely than mine with HRCFML.  She'll call in a drone strike on the entire state of PA before she admits stealing what she does not deserve for purely nefarious purposes. 

May the sun god spare us all

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Rotobeast - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 10:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote:  I keep hoping and praying that during the Republican Convention in Cleveland, Donald Trump walks to the microphone after he gets the nomination and says,

"Thank you, thank you,

I know it won't happen.

Depends on if Hillary has had him bought and paid for, all this time.
I put NOTHING past that woman.

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - StLucieBengal - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 10:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Depends on if Hillary has had him bought and paid for, all this time.

[Image: -1x-1.jpg]

She is without a doubt a disgusting person.  

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Benton - 06-19-2016

Honstly, I doubt if trump knows who that guy is. He'll pose with whoever. However he feels about homosexuals is irrelevant to that.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - bfine32 - 06-19-2016

This can only mean one thing: Trump hates the gays

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Belsnickel - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 11:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Honstly, I doubt if trump knows who that guy is. He'll pose with whoever. However he feels about homosexuals is irrelevant to that.

I don't think Trump knows who he, himself, is. He has pandered, lied, and made so many contradictory statements that he has lost himself.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Vas Deferens - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 10:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Depends on if Hillary has had him bought and paid for, all this time.

There could be some significant leakage in the clinton foundation's coffers soon...  Still makes sound business sense...

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - fredtoast - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 01:26 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There could be some significant leakage in the clinton foundation's coffers soon...  Still makes sound business sense...

The Clinton Foundation is a charitable organization.  The money goes to help the underprivileged, not the Clintons personally.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - treee - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 03:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Clinton Foundation is a charitable organization.  The money goes to help the underprivileged, not the Clintons personally.

LOL

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - GMDino - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This can only mean one thing: Trump hates the gays

Maybe, maybe not.

But it certainly means he is pandering and will take hie photo with anyone who gives him an endorsement or thumbs up.

Oh, and it might refute this:

Quote:“Ask yourself,” he added, “who is really the friend of women and the LGBT community: Donald Trump with his actions, or Hillary Clinton with her words?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-clinton-lgbt_us_575f0200e4b0e4fe5143371d

But please don't respond to me.  You said you wouldn't and we wouldn't want you to go back on your word.

Smirk

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - fredtoast - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:17 AM)treee Wrote: LOL

I don't understand what your point is.

How much money do the Clintons personally get from their charitable foundation?

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Rotobeast - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand what your point is.

How much money do the Clintons personally get from their charitable foundation?

Depends what price you put on helping conceal evil.
A snake is not as effective without the grass to slither through.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Benton - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 10:45 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Depends what price you put on helping conceal evil.
A snake is not as effective without the grass to slither through.

Echis carinatus results in the most deaths of any snake most years. It's commonly found in sandy areas.

Mellow

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Rotobeast - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:01 AM)Benton Wrote: Echis carinatus results in the most deaths of any snake most years. It's commonly found in sandy areas.

Mellow

That ain't no Murican snake.
Keep those immigrant snakes out of our conversation.
Ninja

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - Griever - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: That ain't no Murican snake.
Keep those immigrant snakes out of our conversation.
Ninja

send them bastards back to russia

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - PhilHos - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 10:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-robert-jeffress-tweet-lgbt-224496

If Reverend Wright and Bill Ayers didn't hurt Obama, I doubt this will hurt Trump.

RE: Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - GMDino - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If Reverend Wright and Bill Ayers didn't hurt Obama, I doubt this will hurt Trump.

Unfortunately if Trump came out wearing a white hood carrying a burning cross I doubt it would hurt him.