Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem (/Thread-Colin-Kapernick-benches-self-for-National-Anthem)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Nately120 - 08-27-2016

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/kaepernick-sits-during-national-anthem/

Oh man on man, this guy is just begging for trouble on this one. Thoughts?

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - jason - 08-27-2016

At least his name isn't Mahmoud Abdul Rauf so they may take it easy on him.

Does anybody else think Kaepernick looks a lot like bin Laden with that beard?

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Benton - 08-27-2016

If he wanted to use his position to make a statement, this preseason may be his last chance to do that. Go ahead and get it all out of his system.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Rotobeast - 08-27-2016

Never cared for the guy, regardless of current events.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - McC - 08-27-2016

This is America, where everyone has the right to express themselves, whether anyone cares about them or not.

CK--master QB, then move on to revolutionary. When you're not that good at what you do, people care a whole lot less about your politics.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - McC - 08-27-2016

Isn't this really a matter of time and place?

And is this really doing anything about the issues of which he speaks? Not really that much of a stand, so to speak. Kinda cheesy, really.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Nately120 - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't this really a matter of time and place?

And is this really doing anything about the issues of which he speaks?  Not really that much of a stand, so to speak.  Kinda cheesy, really.

When you are as much of a persona non grata as he is it isn't wise business to pull something like this.  Maybe he wants to get cut? 

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Aquapod770 - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 12:43 PM)McC Wrote: This is America, where everyone has the right to express themselves, whether anyone cares about them or not.

CK--master QB, then move on to revolutionary.  When you're not that good at what you do, people care a whole lot less about your politics.

This is what I think whenever I hear about how America [still] has a "system of oppression": 

What kind of system of oppression protects your right to speak out against that oppression? To petition, protest, and organize against that system? That's by far the most accommodating system of oppression I've ever heard of. 

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - SunsetBengal - 08-27-2016

I guess Kaepernick forgot about those kind, White folks who adopted him..

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Westwood Bengal - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 12:17 PM)Benton Wrote: If he wanted to use his position to make a statement, this preseason may be his last chance to do that. Go ahead and get it all out of his system.

DingDing

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - BigPapaKain - 08-27-2016

Good for him. Don't be afraid to do something because it might hurt the feelings of the SJW and PC whiners. He has the right to do as he pleases during the National Anthem, same as anyone else. And he has the right to peacefully protest, same as anyone else.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - bfine32 - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 08:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Good for him. Don't be afraid to do something because it might hurt the feelings of the SJW and PC whiners. He has the right to do as he pleases during the National Anthem, same as anyone else. And he has the right to peacefully protest, same as anyone else.

....without fear of oppression. 

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Yojimbo - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 04:40 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This is what I think whenever I hear about how America [still] has a "system of oppression": 

What kind of system of oppression protects your right to speak out against that oppression? To petition, protest, and organize against that system? That's by far the most accommodating system of oppression I've ever heard of. 

Except when it can kill you and just use the excuse "I was scared" to make it ok.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - 6andcounting - 08-27-2016

I was more offended when he protested the Krusty Krab.

[Image: KrustyKrabUnfair.jpg]

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - BigPapaKain - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....without fear of oppression. 

Especially since he's not trying to oppress anyone in the process.

Of course, those same freedoms don't protect him from the consequences of his actions. Though the consequences shouldn't go much past angering people and a few insults.

We shall see.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Tiger Teeth - 08-27-2016

Can't we just keep politics out of football? Just sayin'......

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - bfine32 - 08-27-2016

No one will believe this, but I'm one of the most liberal people in my circle. I see/hear a lot of "If you are ashamed of America you can leave". IMO an able bodied Male should stand up for his beliefs and voice his displeasure instead of tucking tail and running. I think Europe has enough of those.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Beaker - 08-28-2016

I honestly could not care any less about who stands, sits or farts during the national anthem.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - HarleyDog - 08-28-2016

It is what it is. He actually honored America by showing he has the freedom to be an individual.

RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - NATI BENGALS - 08-28-2016

His 11.9 million is guaranteed. Slave wages and black oppression got him pretty far. Instead of disrespecting the country in front of a national audenience how about taking some of that money you are stealing and go spend on something that will actually make a difference. Like getting kids through school and helping the people you believe are oppressed.