Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? (/Thread-With-Bridgewater-seriously-injured-could-there-be-a-Mccarron-trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Nately120 - 08-31-2016

Trade Dalton and McCarron for Hill and Beans.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - EatonFan - 08-31-2016

(08-30-2016, 10:24 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd consider a 2nd round pick.

No questions i'm doing it for a first.

No way I'd take just a 2nd rounder for him.  I'd say a 1st and a conditional 3rd/4th rounder.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Jpoore - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 04:45 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Minnesota has their quarterback of the future, they are not going to pay a king's ransom for a one year rental.
Loooking more and more like it will be longer than a year just read an article that says fir a injury like this for how bad it was, it will be somewhere between 1-2 years.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - SunsetBengal - 08-31-2016

As already stated in this thread, but I will reiterate, just to strengthen the premise. Minnesota is not going to overpay for a one year QB, when they have their franchise guy, who happens to be injured for the year. Secondly, would be very short sighted for the Bengals to auction off McCarron.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - jfkbengals - 08-31-2016

I haven't read through the thread, so I apologize if this point has already been made.

The Bridgewater injury, and Dalton's injury last season, just reitirate how important it is to have a quality backup.

With that being the case, McCarron is not going anywhere, less we become the fool who has no backup plan.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Jpoore - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As already stated in this thread, but I will reiterate, just to strengthen the premise.  Minnesota is not going to overpay for a one year QB, when they have their franchise guy, who happens to be injured for the year.  Secondly, would be very short sighted for the Bengals to auction off McCarron.
Hes going to be out a lot closer to 2 years and also he may never recover as one doctor put it "it looked like when someone falls off a cliff or is in a car accident it was horrible. "  plus they have 16 players on their roster who are 29 or older so they need to win now. So in that mentality they may offer a 2nd 3rd and 4th in which case i would do it. 

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - jfkbengals - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hes going to be out a lot closer to 2 years and also he may never recover as one doctor put it "it looked like when someone falls off a cliff or is in a car accident it was horrible. "  plus they have 16 players on their roster who are 29 or older so they need to win now. So in that mentality they may offer a 2nd 3rd and 4th in which case i would do it. 

I wish I could remember where I saw the article, but there was actually something stating that the trainers actually saved his life...

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - TheLeonardLeap - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As already stated in this thread, but I will reiterate, just to strengthen the premise.  Minnesota is not going to overpay for a one year QB, when they have their franchise guy, who happens to be injured for the year.  Secondly, would be very short sighted for the Bengals to auction off McCarron.

In fairness, Sunset, there's absolutely no guarantee that Bridgewater is ready for Week 1 of 2017, and even if he is, there's no guarantee he'll ever look the same. Fully torn ACL, dislocated knee, and "other structural damage". That can easily be well over a year before the player returns to normal, if he ever returns to normal.

So McCarron would be a 2 year QB for them.

As for the whole short-sighted for the Bengals bit, how so? If Dalton goes down for the season, the season is over. Having McCarron isn't going to change that. They're not going to win a SB with McCarron.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - BayouBengal - 08-31-2016

Anyone else remember this?:

Espn gave McCarron the edge over Teddy slightly prior to the two being drafted. 

With his admirable performance last year, plus my opinions already stated about him in AJ McCarron is a future star thread; I am led to think that we should hold on to AJM for anything less than a kings ransom from the Vikings. Eg. a first round pick and Adrian Peterson.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - SunsetBengal - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In fairness, Sunset, there's absolutely no guarantee that Bridgewater is ready for Week 1 of 2017, and even if he is, there's no guarantee he'll ever look the same. Fully torn ACL, dislocated knee, and "other structural damage". That can easily be well over a year before the player returns to normal, if he ever returns to normal.

So McCarron would be a 2 year QB for them.

As for the whole short-sighted for the Bengals bit, how so? If Dalton goes down for the season, the season is over. Having McCarron isn't going to change that. They're not going to win a SB with McCarron.

I hear ya, and agree on the first point.  On the second, I'd feel much more comfortable with McCarron taking over again, than some dude we picked up off waivers.  I'm sure the rest of the team is likely to feel that way, too.

(08-31-2016, 08:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wish I could remember where I saw the article, but there was actually something stating that the trainers actually saved his life...

I saw that too they said they for sure saved his leg and probabky his life

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - TheLeonardLeap - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hear ya, and agree on the first point.  On the second, I'd feel much more comfortable with McCarron taking over again, than some dude we picked up off waivers.  I'm sure the rest of the team is likely to feel that way, too.

Sure, but both McCarron and the dude off the waivers can beat 5-11 teams with the current Bengals around them. Both McCarron and the dude off the waivers will lose to good teams. The only difference that will happen is that McCarron will lose a closer game than the dude off the waivers against those good teams.

At least that's how I see it. If they offer a 1st & 4th, or a 2nd & 3rd, I would pull the trigger. The last 2nd round pick the Bengals got from a trade, they picked up Giovani Bernard. Imagine adding another Giovani Bernard talent level of player at C, LB, or WR.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - McC - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hes going to be out a lot closer to 2 years and also he may never recover as one doctor put it "it looked like when someone falls off a cliff or is in a car accident it was horrible. "  plus they have 16 players on their roster who are 29 or older so they need to win now. So in that mentality they may offer a 2nd 3rd and 4th in which case i would do it. 

Yikes.  How on earth could something like that happen in a non contact drill?

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Brownshoe - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 10:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The worse QB in league led his team to the playoffs ? 

After beating Aaron Rogers Packers for the division championship in year 2 with hardly any WR's and a porous pass blocking O-line. 

Ok. 

Will take Zimmer's assessment over yours on this and although do not know you at all. 

Have narrowed it down and know now that you are not Duke Tobin.    

He had the best RB in the league plus a stout defense, but I guess it's ok to ignore that lol. I don't think I have ever been wrong in QBs, but whatever you think.

It's not like he had trouble getting more than 3k yards and he's never even had 15 TDs in a season, but keep thinking he's good. It doesn't make me look any worse.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Brownshoe - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:11 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater was the most accurate passer this season.

Ever since the Louisville pro day debacle before the 2014 draft, critics have been out in full force on Teddy. He’s too slender. He’s weak-armed. His release point is too low. His traditional stats haven’t helped him much, either. 30 games in to his career (including a playoff game), Teddy has 28 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a passer rating of 87.0.
What the traditional stats don’t show, however, is just how accurate Bridgewater is. The Viking led the NFL in 2015 with an accuracy percentage of 79.3. While this number is inflated by the large amount of short throws required by the Minnesota offense, it is no small feat to be the most accurate in the league. In fact, Teddy scored his best passing grades on throws between 10–19 yards, and broke even on throws over 20 yards.
You have to wonder if Bridgewater’s modest touchdown and yardage totals are more a product of the Vikings’ offensive style, rather than an indictment of the QB’s abilities.

Wrong. He had 65% completion last year.

(08-31-2016, 12:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hilarious  Matt Ryan was hot garbage.  Peyton Manning threw 4 or 5 ints in a single game....and looked like pure, unadulterated shit most of the time, he was toast.  McCown by a far margin?  LMFAO.  Is it amateur night at the Improv up in here or something?  This is straight comedy gold.

I guess you can't look up the stats because those guys blew Bridgewater away. Just admit you're wrong when you actually look at the facts.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - McC - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 08:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you can't look up the stats because those guys blew Bridgewater away. Just admit you're wrong when you actually look at the facts.

Does your anti-Teddy crusade ever get in the way of the anti-AJ crusade?

(08-31-2016, 08:41 PM)McC Wrote: Does your anti-Teddy crusade ever get in the way of the anti-AJ crusade?

Nothing gets in the way of my all about facts and reality crusade. Sorry that I have to say what's actually true.

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Froob - 08-31-2016

Looks like Torn Teddy Bear..I mean Bridgewater will be out for a while! :p

RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Stormborn - 08-31-2016

If you're going to judge quarterbacks by statistics and statistics alone, especially quarterbacks,

you're going to make an ass out of yourself