Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
Teddy Bridgewater went down in practice with a knee injury so bad that they called an ambulance. They are looking at replacements. Wonder if Mccarron is in the mix.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully not unless it's on the Carson level. And that isn't gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
Another ex-Bengals coach needs a QB!

The news coming out of Minnesota does not look promising for Teddy Bridgewater. Wonder if Zimmer has already made the call to his old buddies Marvin and Mike? At least he'll know the asking price for AJ! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hopefully not unless it's on the Carson level. And that isn't gonna happen.

I wonder if the Vikings are considering it, with Zimmer knowing the Bengals and are players so well.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wonder if the Vikings are considering it, with Zimmer knowing the Bengals and are players so well.

But should the Bengals?
I sometimes wonder... it's quite a risk to trade away a capable backup and bet your season on nothing ever happening to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Well dalton is like eli never misses a game but i hope we at least entertain offers
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:00 PM)hollodero Wrote:  it's quite a risk to trade away a capable backup and bet your season on nothing ever happening to Dalton.

It is not just arisk.  It is stupid.

Why should we write off this season and trade McCarron for a future pick?
Reply/Quote
Ye gods, why do people hate having 2 QBs?  First we are trying to ship him off to Dallas and now we want to send him to Minnesota.  I get it, trades and draft picks and the whole "Why not discuss this" purpose of a message board.

BUT

This is right after a season where Dalton was done for the year and AJM had to step in.  What gives?  Also, who would our backup be?  Wenning?

(08-30-2016, 09:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well dalton is like eli never misses a game but i hope we at least entertain offers

What?  Have you been in a coma since 2014 or something?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not just arisk.  It is stupid.

Dalton has been injured once in his NFL Career.

Only once.

I'm not a betting man (who am I kidding, I am). But odds are kind of on our side here. I make the bet and get a good ROI 90% of the time, every time.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not just arisk.  It is stupid.

I don't think trading McCarron is writing off the season.  I'm not saying we should even do it, but I'm wondering if they are considering it.  Is McCarron a free agent next year?  If he is, he is gone anyway.  Might as well get something for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think trading McCarron is writing off the season.  I'm not saying we should even do it, but I'm wondering if they are considering it.  Is McCarron a free agent next year?  If he is, he is gone anyway.  Might as well get something for him.

Exactly.

It's no different from Russell Westbrook's situation this year.

Except we know for a fact that McCarron is good as gone.

We'd be stupid not to trade him. That pick + compensatory picks from FA pretty much ensures the continuity of our Draft and Develop model.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well dalton is like eli never misses a game but i hope we at least entertain offers

Am I more iliterate in this language as I thought or did you just say "never misses a game"? Except he is hurt, you meant? Like, recently?

(08-30-2016, 09:18 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Exactly.

It's no different from Russell Westbrook's situation this year.

Except we know for a fact that McCarron is good as gone.

We'd be stupid not to trade him. That pick + compensatory picks from FA pretty much ensures the continuity of our Draft and Develop model.

...all well and good except for the fact that we would go into this very season without a backup QB.
I for one hope they don't try to fit in some new player and more or less give up the backup QB position two weeks before the season starts. Can't make that one sound good for me.
Reply/Quote
You at least listen to offers.
Reply/Quote

Eli is on a 194 games played streak. If Andy starts the season, he'll be at 1.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:26 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: You at least listen to offers.

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater went down in practice with a knee injury so bad that they called an ambulance.  They are looking at replacements.  Wonder if Mccarron is in the mix.

I can see it now,Zim will be calling old marv and asking for a super favor to get our excellent backup qb.If that happens we will be screwed as all qbs miss games because of injuries and we so need that MC carron.he is a winner and the players really like him and play hard for him.to me he is the best backup in the nfl,but you just know zim is desparate and will go all out to get him.I so hope this football team we call OUR TEAM,realizes this and turns down any and all offers.we gotta have him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:26 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: You at least listen to offers.

Fair enough. If it were up to you, which offer would be too intriguing to refuse? Just for getting an idea about the price range.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Am I more iliterate in this language as I thought or did you just say "never misses a game"? Except he is hurt, you meant? Like, recently?

...all well and good except for the fact that we would go into this very season without a backup QB.
I for one hope they don't try to fit in some new player and more or less give up the backup QB position two weeks before the season starts. Can't make that one sound good for me.
We have Keith Wenning.

Which isn't saying much, but the laws of probability are on our side.

Again, Dalton has only been injured once. We're securing our future in the long-run by getting the most value we can get from him now. It's a conservative move that's consistent with how the Bengals have ran things. Why are we hesitating over something that's unlikely to happen?
Reply/Quote
High round draft pick and Shaun Hill as a stop gap backup.  There are a couple others out there on the market too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The chiefs have more room to deal qbs. Murray is apparently on the trading block as Foles is now back with Andy Reid.
Reply/Quote