Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
As we all know, you are one freak play away from your QB. It is nice to know that you have someone who is, at mimimum, a competent replacement and someone who could potentially grow and get better.

McCarron is no Dalton but he is an important part of the team if Dalton were to be injured at some point because he can at least come in and keep you competitive. Many #2's in the league cannot.

No way I'd trade him unless the offer was crazy good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tom Brady is 39. 

Note: I'm not saying Hill = Brady. Just saying 36 isn't ancient for the QB position. Many many many play well at 36 or older. Especially guys who have stayed relatively healthy like Hill.

Shawn Hill and Tom Brady do not belong in the same sentence when comparing QB's obviously as you have pointed out. 

Hill has stayed healthy because rookies keep beating him out that are merely "game managers". 

Rust will be his biggest issue and if they had so much confidence in him they would have not called practice off immediately. 

It would have just been, next man up while the veterans rallied around Shawn instead of allowing players to wander around cussing to the sky. 

Hill is ok, but preseason predictions have to be adjusted now big time. 

But Teddy will lead from locker room and sideline still. It is what he does best, be a leader. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:13 AM)Gohards Wrote: Maybe i was thinking about cars. But still, how do you explain the skyscrapers? 

I make good money...Doesn't bother me!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know too many starting QBs that are worse than Bridgewater honestly. He has trouble throwing deep, and his intermediate throws weren't even that good. His pocket presence is pretty awful too.

The worse QB in league led his team to the playoffs ? 

After beating Aaron Rogers Packers for the division championship in year 2 with hardly any WR's and a porous pass blocking O-line. 

Ok. 

Will take Zimmer's assessment over yours on this and although do not know you at all. 

Have narrowed it down and know now that you are not Duke Tobin.    

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If they will deal us a 1st round pick and Charles Johnson, lets do it. Otherwise, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The worse QB in league led his team to the playoffs ? 

After beating Aaron Rogers Packers for the division championship in year 2 with hardly any WR's and a porous pass blocking O-line. 

Ok. 

Will take Zimmer's assessment over yours on this and although do not know you at all. 

Agreed, TB is not in a system that will make him appear to be a top
Qb.  He might be considered an elite game manager but if that's all that is asked of him, not his fault.  Andy was in the same mold his first year or two.  

Plus he has the highest accuracy in NFL history for first few seasons in NFL, so his intermediate throws are clearly pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know too many starting QBs that are worse than Bridgewater honestly. He has trouble throwing deep, and his intermediate throws weren't even that good. His pocket presence is pretty awful too.

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater was the most accurate passer this season.

Ever since the Louisville pro day debacle before the 2014 draft, critics have been out in full force on Teddy. He’s too slender. He’s weak-armed. His release point is too low. His traditional stats haven’t helped him much, either. 30 games in to his career (including a playoff game), Teddy has 28 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a passer rating of 87.0.
What the traditional stats don’t show, however, is just how accurate Bridgewater is. The Viking led the NFL in 2015 with an accuracy percentage of 79.3. While this number is inflated by the large amount of short throws required by the Minnesota offense, it is no small feat to be the most accurate in the league. In fact, Teddy scored his best passing grades on throws between 10–19 yards, and broke even on throws over 20 yards.
You have to wonder if Bridgewater’s modest touchdown and yardage totals are more a product of the Vikings’ offensive style, rather than an indictment of the QB’s abilities.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:43 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I make good money...Doesn't bother me!!!

Hey im not hating! I sell cars for a living... I wouldnt have much room to talk....

This almost isn't even worth discussing, because a McCarron trade wont even be considers. Then again, cutting Tate isnt something i thought that they considered... But look what happened...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:11 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater was the most accurate passer this season.

Ever since the Louisville pro day debacle before the 2014 draft, critics have been out in full force on Teddy. He’s too slender. He’s weak-armed. His release point is too low. His traditional stats haven’t helped him much, either. 30 games in to his career (including a playoff game), Teddy has 28 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a passer rating of 87.0.
What the traditional stats don’t show, however, is just how accurate Bridgewater is. The Viking led the NFL in 2015 with an accuracy percentage of 79.3. While this number is inflated by the large amount of short throws required by the Minnesota offense, it is no small feat to be the most accurate in the league. In fact, Teddy scored his best passing grades on throws between 10–19 yards, and broke even on throws over 20 yards.
You have to wonder if Bridgewater’s modest touchdown and yardage totals are more a product of the Vikings’ offensive style, rather than an indictment of the QB’s abilities.

Or as bfine always said, 

Weak arm , knobby knees, too slow, and minuscule hands will prevent him from ever being an NFL caliber QB. 

Then dude set a slew of Viking rookie QB records.

Paraphrased and not verbatim. But this was the gist.   

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:31 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Or as bfine always said, 

Weak arm , knobby knees, too slow, and minuscule hands will prevent him from ever being an NFL caliber QB. 

I for one have been surprised by Bridgewater's play. His pro-day really turned me off and I thought he'd be another over drafted bust. But Zimmer has a way with getting players to play up to their potential and Bridgewater has turned out to be much better than I expected he'd be.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:38 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I for one have been surprised by Bridgewater's play. His pro-day really turned me off and I thought he'd be another over drafted bust. But Zimmer has a way with getting players to play up to their potential and Bridgewater has turned out to be much better than I expected he'd be.

Teddy B.fits the vikes perfect as Zim and co.know how to make it work and if had stayed healthy the vikes would have been in the hunt for another playoff run.Goes to show you why nfl coaches do not like the preseason.I would rather see a couple of extra games added and dump the preseason.It is a waste and players do not like it and neither do the fans.You can make decisions on players as the season goes on or else cut the preseason to 2 games.Dallas needs a qb and so does other teams.If we allow our backup qb to walk we are so so stupid.You cannot find guys like him and getting 1st rounders and change for next year does NOTHING for us in the now.

And remember this,you never know how any college player is going to turn out and mostly it takes a couple years to get them nfl ready.A.J. McCarron is ready now and to me he is by far the BEST backup in the league.So stupid if they trade him.This season is going to hard enough,Our team will need him at some point and remember the Jets have an excellent D and they just kill qbs.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He looked good last preseason too. Preseason doesn't mean anything. Matt Ryan made Bridgewater look like a rookie. Josh McCown outplayed Bridgewater by a far margin, Bradford and Manning both outplayed him too. Brian Hoyer had way better stats than Bridgewater. Cutler even did better than Bridgewater. Mariota didn't look as bad as Bridgwater when he was playing. Bridgewater is one of the worst QBs in the league.

Hilarious Matt Ryan was hot garbage. Peyton Manning threw 4 or 5 ints in a single game....and looked like pure, unadulterated shit most of the time, he was toast. McCown by a far margin? LMFAO. Is it amateur night at the Improv up in here or something? This is straight comedy gold.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Pretty sure b also said Johnny Fartball was the much better prospect too..... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not just arisk.  It is stupid.

Why should we write off this season and trade McCarron for a future pick?

Damn, I'm not sure what is going on but Fred and I have been of the same thought process of late...haha

I find myself agreeing with him quite a bit here lately.

Would be nice to get a big haul for McCarron but the timing on this thing is terrible for both team's situation's.

I believe at this particular point in time it would only hurt the Bengals to get rid of what some have been quoted in the media as saying "the league's best back up QB". I'm not opposed to trading him if need be but not at this particular time.

We may need him to get to the playoffs and hopefully beyond.
Reply/Quote
They're not going to give up what is needed to get McCarron and why would they? They have the qb of the future. Oakland didn't. Big difference. Not similar situations at all.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

them rookie records must have been pretty low bar.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 10:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The worse QB in league led his team to the playoffs ? 

Ok. 

cause bridgewater did it all by himself right?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Damn, I'm not sure what is going on but Fred and I have been of the same thought process of late...haha

I find myself agreeing with him quite a bit here lately.

Would be nice to get a big haul for McCarron but the timing on this thing is terrible for both team's situation's.

I believe at this particular point in time it would only hurt the Bengals to get rid of what some have been quoted in the media as saying "the league's best back up QB". I'm not opposed to trading him if need be but not at this particular time.

We may need him to get to the playoffs and hopefully beyond.

Stay off the drugs son..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: them rookie records must have been pretty low bar.

Warren Moon and Fran Tarkenton are two of the ones he surpassed ? 

Not too shabby. 

It was 91 Viking records set in all. But obviously some were just invented to get that many. 

Yet still.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:57 AM)phil413 Wrote: If AJ doesn't play a snap this year, you can likely still get a 2nd or 3rd in the offseason for him going into his final year.  I'd rather have him as actual insurance since they're trying to win a ring.  Since the injury isn't career threatening, Bridgewater is still their long term guy so they'll roll with Hill and look at reasonable options to back him up.  Dealing a 1st isn't reasonable for the Vikes as they'll trust Hill, so no matter how desperate we want the Vikes to be, AJ isn't a match.

I hate this saying..."trying to win a ring"....that is what they should be doing every year...year in and year out...And if it means you trade AJM (a good trade) then you do it....That is how you "win a ring" year in and year out.....
Reply/Quote