Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(08-31-2016, 01:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cause bridgewater did it all by himself right?

No but he certainly has the respect of his coaches, teammates, and fans. 

This speaks volumes and I for one respect Zimmers opinion, even if you do not in this case.    

Often reports came out of Louisville practices that the ball never touched the ground the entire practice with no embellishment.

We do not have to agree on this anyway. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:14 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I hate this saying..."trying to win a ring"....that is what they should be doing every year...year in and year out...And if it means you trade AJM (a good trade) then you do it....That is how you "win a ring" year in and year out.....

Yep, we always play for the future, which you have to. 

But sooner or later the future has to arrive and go for it like the Bronco's do. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But still not saying the best move is to trade now.

Yet if right trade is offered ? You have to.

The price should be steep at this particular junction if trigger is to be pulled though.

Zimmer will not hock the future so it probably matters not.

He will not be held accountable for this season anyway.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:14 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I hate this saying..."trying to win a ring"....that is what they should be doing every year...year in and year out...And if it means you trade AJM (a good trade) then you do it....That is how you "win a ring" year in and year out.....

imo only thing that would help us is a starting caliber player  at a position of need like WR or TE     draft picks next year wont help us this year...

On the other hand Having a backup that can help us if needed helps more than future draft picks as well. or players for that matter. as it wont matter who(offensive weapons) we put on the field if the QB cant run the offense well enough.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 09:46 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Stefon Diggs and a 1st?

Yes please... but i don't think it's even close to being possible.  Maybe, just maybe, Diggs and a 5th or 6th.  I personally would rather have a DB or Rudolph though.  I love Diggs, he broke out last year and did some amazing things for that offense, but I trust Andy's ability to bring these new wide outs in like he never missed a beat.  As far as Rudolph goes, although its hard to say and admit sometimes, Eifert has proved himself as injury prone so far.  Although I like Croft and CJ, it would be nice to have a veteran presence in the TE meetings for the first half of this season so that we can give Eifert time to heal correctly.  
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen, besides, McCarron is not a Norv Turner type QB. He's more likely going to want Mike Glennon....
Reply/Quote
Why the hell would they trade their #1 WR?

If they were to trade for AJMC, It'd probably be for a 2nd rounder/1st.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If we trade McCarron and Dalton goes down we will be in the exact same position that the Vikings find themselves in now.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: On the other hand Having a backup that can help us if needed helps more than future draft picks as well. or players for that matter. as it wont matter who(offensive weapons) we put on the field if the QB cant run the offense well enough.

I see 2 IFs in this sentence...lol...I am not going to disagree with what you are saying...What I am saying is that I do not think that the top franchises think along these lines....If Garoppolo has a first 4 games of the season and NE gets a good offer for him they will pull the trigger in 1 second....They did it with Cassel, after putting the franchise tag on him to KC......Just an example
Reply/Quote
I personally think that we would be STUPID to trade AJ. Hell I wouldn't even listen to offers. As far as I'm concerned, the Vikings don't have anything to offer that is worth giving up someone who could potentially save our season down the line. Like NKYRob said, we make a trade, Andy, gets hurt, and we would be kicking ourselves and looking to make a trade ourselves. The result would just be an inferior to AJ QB and another season gone with the wind.
Reply/Quote
Trade McCarron and Jeremy Hill for Adrian Peterson.  

As much as I like AJ if he's on our bench he is not helping us and frankly I feel bad for the kid and think he deserves a chance.  Peterson would open up the passing game for AJ Green and our young WR corp.
Reply/Quote
Dalton missed a game for the first time last year and it was a fluke because of the way he tackled a def linemen.

For all we know, AJ will not start for the Bengals again before his contract runs out. Yes, it is reassuring to know he is waiting in case Andy does go down. But is having a reassuring feeling better than actual production on the field?

If you can get a 1st or 2nd draft pick (which is likely a future starter) or an upgrade at another position, then I think you have to do it. We have one of the best OL and one of healthier QBs in the league, so I am not worried about Andy going down again.

I think it would cost Minnesota a 1st and 3rd or someone who can upgrade our current roster, then I think you have to do it.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 02:56 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Trade McCarron and Jeremy Hill for Adrian Peterson.  

As much as I like AJ if he's on our bench he is not helping us and frankly I feel bad for the kid and think he deserves a chance.  Peterson would open up the passing game for AJ Green and our young WR corp.

I like the thought, but how much can AP really have left in the tank?
Reply/Quote
It appears Zim is just gonna roll with what he's got, maybe pick up a vet off the streets.. Very few mentions of AJM out in the wild, in fact just a couple on their message board unless i'm missing something.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: imo only thing that would help us is a starting caliber player  at a position of need like WR or TE     draft picks next year wont help us this year...

On the other hand Having a backup that can help us if needed helps more than future draft picks as well. or players for that matter. as it wont matter who(offensive weapons) we put on the field if the QB cant run the offense well enough.

That's a better reply to "trying to win a ring" than I could have put.  They do have to build for today and tomorrow, so I'm not speaking in absolutes such as AJ the QB is untouchable.  The Browns can say they're trying to win a ring, but they're really trying building up talent (hence the trades for future picks) as nobody would take their money to help be a playoff team.  Cincy is right there, and as ZenoMorph said in the context of this year draft picks won't help.  Its really a moot point debating making a move as I really don't see the trade scenarios others see.  I don't want to come across like "trying to win a ring" means you mortgage the future or pass on an amazing deal just to keep a guy that might play, the amazing deal isn't coming. The Vikes need a QB, but what exactly are they realistically giving up that Cincy won't get close to getting for AJ in less than a year?  We talking about one round difference in terms of a pick?  I'll take continuity in the system as insurance.     
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 03:05 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Dalton missed a game for the first time last year and it was a fluke because of the way he tackled a def linemen.

For all we know, AJ will not start for the Bengals again before his contract runs out. Yes, it is reassuring to know he is waiting in case Andy does go down. But is having a reassuring feeling better than actual production on the field?

If you can get a 1st or 2nd draft pick (which is likely a future starter) or an upgrade at another position, then I think you have to do it. We have one of the best OL and one of healthier QBs in the league, so I am not worried about Andy going down again.

I think it would cost Minnesota a 1st and 3rd or someone who can upgrade our current roster, then I think you have to do it.

The argument about "not being worried" about Dalton getting injured again is not a valid one.  You literally have no idea if he is going to get hurt on any play of any game.  He falls weird, gets rolled up on, hits his throwing hand on the top of a defender's helmet... the possibilities are endless.  Knowing that we have someone who can come in and win games is a luxury most teams do not have.  Plus the Bengals own his rights for the next two years at a very minimal cost.  You think about trading him next year because he is leaving anyway, but not this year.

Minnesota has their quarterback of the future, they are not going to pay a king's ransom for a one year rental.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 02:28 PM)NKYRob Wrote: If we trade McCarron and Dalton goes down we will be in the exact same position that the Vikings find themselves in now.

Winner!  +1

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 02:56 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Trade McCarron and Jeremy Hill for Adrian Peterson.  

(08-31-2016, 03:53 PM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: I like the thought, but how much can AP really have left in the tank?

Doesn't matter, Adrian Peterson is making $12m this year. The Bengals have $9.6m in cap space.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But still not saying the best move is to trade now.

Yet if right trade is offered ? You have to.

The price should be steep at this particular junction if trigger is to be pulled though.

Zimmer will not hock the future so it probably matters not.

He will not be held accountable for this season anyway.

No, but the season hasn't even started and there are two down already.  Maybe the next team will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:45 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Minnesota has their quarterback of the future, they are not going to pay a king's ransom for a one year rental.

Thank you.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote