Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday (/Thread-Maualuga-leg-not-expected-to-play-Monday)

Pages: 1 2 3

Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Clep - 11-10-2016

Via ESPN.

I didn't hear about this leg injury until now... thoughts ?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/11/10/13587918/report-rey-maualuga-not-expected-to-play-vs-giants-nfl-week-10-2016

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - XenoMorph - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 03:21 PM)Clep Wrote: Via ESPN.

I didn't hear about this leg injury until now... thoughts ?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/11/10/13587918/report-rey-maualuga-not-expected-to-play-vs-giants-nfl-week-10-2016

more snaps for V Rey...    And either more Dime/Nickle packages or 

Probly also need to replace Dansby on passing downs...  (that was suppose to be his strength)

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - TheLeonardLeap - 11-10-2016

Because the one thing I was thinking Maualuga needed was something to make him even slower.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Benton - 11-10-2016

Didn't know his weight problem was getting that bad.

Mellow

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - CJD - 11-10-2016

Well.

The truth is Maualuga was not getting it done. I wish him a speedy recovery, but will not miss him playing on the defense. We'll see how well our defense holds up on Monday and evaluate his value to the team from there.

It is important to note that the Giants are dreadful at running the ball, so a noted increase in run defense doesn't necessarily mean Maualuga should stay on the bench. But I would like to see if his absence makes one of the worse running offenses actually gain yards on us. It's something to look out for.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - ochocincos - 11-10-2016

Perhaps this is too premature, but would the Bengals consider cutting Maualuga in the offseason?
He's just been abysmal this year. It's a crappy situation, but I'm glad he's out so that someone else gets a chance to play instead.
He would save $3.7 mill in cap space next year if cut, no dead money.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Bengal Dude - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps this is too premature, but would the Bengals consider cutting Maualuga in the offseason?
He's just been abysmal this year. It's a crappy situation, but I'm glad he's out so that someone else gets a chance to play instead.

It's possible. However, I see the team sticking with him unless Vigil steps up his game and/or we land some stud in the draft. Until then, I fully expect Rey to be back next season.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Bengalboy - 11-10-2016

Reuben Foster next year enough said :)

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - OrlandoBengal - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 05:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's possible. However, I see the team sticking with him unless Vigil steps up his game and/or we land some stud in the draft. Until then, I fully expect Rey to be back next season.

I put the chances of them going after a top linebacker at "next to none".  For some reason this team does not seem to put a premium on linebackers.

(11-10-2016, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps this is too premature, but would the Bengals consider cutting Maualuga in the offseason?

Bengals could have gotten Zach Brown for $1.25m, and added some speed to their LBs. Think he's a FA again this offseason. Of course, that's all wishful thinking. They'll probably get another 30+ year-old 250+lb linebacker.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - lostpoet2 - 11-10-2016

Works for me!

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Sled21 - 11-10-2016

We should not miss him against the Giants as they can't run the ball. That said, if he misses extended playing time, it will be just like last time when he was out for an extended period, other teams ran all over us, and all his haters on here were clamoring to get him back and apologizing for bad mouthing him. He is not a coverage back, that's a given, but he's a thumper, which is needed in the run game in the AFCN.....

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Socal Bengals fan - 11-10-2016

Ruben Foster and Burfict will lay seem wood next year.. Foster is a bad mofo!!

(11-10-2016, 07:48 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ruben Foster  and Burfict will lay seem wood next year..    Foster is a bad mofo!!

Burfict will be too busy dipping LaRosa's pizza into a cup full of melted Graeter's ice cream, and eating it.

I'll go back to being excited about him when he goes back to taking his job seriously.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - JumboTron - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burfict will be too busy dipping LaRosa's pizza into a cup full of melted Graeter's ice cream, and eating it.

I'll go back to being excited about him when he goes back to taking his job seriously.

About sums it up for me.

Big Burfict fan, but c'mon dude, would it kill him to do a sit up or something?

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - SunsetBengal - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 07:48 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ruben Foster  and Burfict will lay seem wood next year..    Foster is a bad mofo!!

I'd be all for the Bengals squeezing the trigger on Foster, in the 1st.  Doubt it will happen, as he'll likely go in the top 15 picks, and the Bengals don't really go LB in the 1st

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Awful Llama - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 08:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Big Burfict fan, but c'mon dude, would it kill him to do a sit up or something?

At this point, perhaps.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - jfkbengals - 11-10-2016

(11-10-2016, 03:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: more snaps for V Rey...    And either more Dime/Nickle packages or 

Probly also need to replace Dansby on passing downs...  (that was suppose to be his strength)
That was a given in this game, even if 58 was in perfect health.

The Giants have run 3 wide something around 80% of their offensive snaps this season.

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Nicomo Cosca - 11-11-2016

(11-10-2016, 06:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I put the chances of them going after a top linebacker at "next to none".  For some reason this team does not seem to put a premium on linebackers.

Not true. We took David Pollack, Odell Thurman, Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga, all in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft. And Burfict would have been a first rounder if not for his issues. 

RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Derrick - 11-11-2016

(11-10-2016, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd be all for the Bengals squeezing the trigger on Foster, in the 1st.  Doubt it will happen, as he'll likely go in the top 15 picks, and the Bengals don't really go LB in the 1st

And, therein lies the problem. Smirk