Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking (/Thread-FBI-Homeland-Sec-Issue-Report-on-Russian-Hacking)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Bengalzona - 12-30-2016

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/29/us/politics/document-Report-on-Russian-Hacking.html

Quote:The F.B.I. and Department of Homeland Security released a report on Thursday detailing the ways that Russia acted to influence the American election through cyberespionage.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - treee - 12-30-2016

Glad to hear that the integrity of democracy is still under fire. I have an idea, let's do nothing about it! What do you guys think, isn't that grand?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Interceptor - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 11:39 AM)treee Wrote: Glad to hear that the integrity of democracy is still under fire. I have an idea, let's do nothing about it! What do you guys think, isn't that grand?

Wasn't that Obama's go-to plan for everything?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - treee - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 11:40 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Wasn't that Obama's go-to plan for everything?

Yep. Obama told congress to not do their jobs for 6 years. 

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Millhouse - 12-30-2016

If Obama only listed to Mitt Romney back in the 2012 election...

Also it is COZYBARE, not COZYBEAR. They never get that right, aholes.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Mike M (the other one) - 12-30-2016

I'd still like the report to be released to the public, so some of our best Hackers can verify it.
It's not like the FBI, CIA, DHS have never lied to the public before.

I'm just amazed it took 7 years, 11 months for Obama to grow a spine.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - michaelsean - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 12:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If Obama only listed to Mitt Romney back in the 2012 election...

Also it is COZYBARE, not COZYBEAR. They never get that right, aholes.

You mean when the 80s called and wanted their foreign policy back and everyone thought he was just so witty?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Benton - 12-30-2016

Did the FBI also release a report detailing how it acted to influence the election?

It's disturbing when members of one political party, the FBI, and multiple "media" outlets work toward the same result as a foreign power, one that up until two decades ago was considered our chief rival.

But, hey, let's not focus on that. Let's just pay attention to the show they're putting on.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 12:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd still like the report to be released to the public, so some of our best Hackers can verify it.
It's not like the FBI, CIA, DHS have never lied to the public before.

I'm just amazed it took 7 years, 11 months for Obama to grow a spine.

If they are our best hackers, shouldn't they just hack the report?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Millhouse - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 01:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Did the FBI also release a report detailing how it acted to influence the election?

It's disturbing when members of one political party, the FBI, and multiple "media" outlets work toward the same result as a foreign power, one that up until two decades ago was considered our chief rival.

But, hey, let's not focus on that. Let's just pay attention to the show they're putting on.

Im guessing if they did, it would be about how the Russians helped the Dems be more 'transparent', something Obama promised back when he was running in '08. 

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Rotobeast - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 01:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Did the FBI also release a report detailing how it acted to influence the election?

What year, in which country ?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Benton - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 03:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What year, in which country ?
FBI is domestic, so just this one. And probably a few years, but only one where it was pretty out in the open.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Mike M (the other one) - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 02:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If they are our best hackers, shouldn't they just hack the report?

And commit a felony? Don't be stupid.

No, they will use their expertise to confirm the evidence.

Just like they did with the DNC Emails. They reviewed and confirmed that they were all originals and not altered.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 04:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And commit a felony? Don't be stupid.

No, they will use their expertise to confirm the evidence.

Just like they did with the DNC Emails. They reviewed and confirmed that they were all originals and not altered.

Isn't that what hackers do? Hack systems. 

(12-30-2016, 04:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Isn't that what hackers do? Hack systems. 

Stop Trolling.

Hacking the US government is a felony, so why would they do that?

They also work as Internet Security and try to prevent hacking of their systems.
They are also adept at reading the reports and at validating the electronic trail that is left behind by other hackers.

That is why I want them to get ahold of a public copy so that they can analyze it and confirm the FBI/CIA/DHS evidence.

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - bfine32 - 12-30-2016

Given I just skimmed the pdf. Did the report or just the NYT commentary conclude the purpose was to affect the election? Because all I read was how and who they attacked

(12-30-2016, 04:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Stop Trolling.

You first.

Quote:Hacking the US government is a felony, so why would they do that?

They also work as Internet Security and try to prevent hacking of their systems.
They are also adept at reading the reports and at validating the electronic trail that is left behind by other hackers.

That is why I want them to get ahold of a public copy so that they can analyze it and confirm the FBI/CIA/DHS evidence.

You don't trust the FBI/CIA/DHS, so what hacker(s) do you trust to interpret the FBI/CIA/DHS evidence?  If you don't trust the FBI/CIA/DHS, how can you trust any evidence or report they release to the hacker(s) you trust?  Just seems like a situation you're not going to believe anything, so what is the point?

Did you ever think maybe they don't won't to release a public report because it might divulge techniques to detect cyber attacks they don't want to share?

RE: FBI & Homeland Sec. Issue Report on Russian Hacking - Rotobeast - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 04:24 PM)Benton Wrote: FBI is domestic, so just this one. And probably a few years, but only one where it was pretty out in the open.
Derp.... yeah, I goofed.
Totally thinking CIA.

(12-30-2016, 05:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You first.

You don't trust the FBI/CIA/DHS, so what hacker(s) do you trust to interpret the FBI/CIA/DHS evidence?  If you don't trust the FBI/CIA/DHS, how can you trust any evidence or report they release to the hacker(s) you trust?  Just seems like a situation you're not going to believe anything, so what is the point?

Did you ever think maybe they don't won't to release a public report because it might divulge techniques to detect cyber attacks they don't want to share?

They already pointed out what techniques were used.
So release the evidence. Show that the Russian Government was involved.

(12-30-2016, 06:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They already pointed out what techniques were used.
So release the evidence. Show that the Russian Government was involved.

How can you trust they are telling the truth about the techniques used if you don't trust them to tell the truth without reading the report which you can't trust either unless verified by a third party hacker which you can't trust because pretending to be an independent third party hacker IOT confirm the bogus CIA/FBI/DHS report is exactly the kind of covert operation the CIA/FBI/DHS would pull to validate their bogus report. Duh.