Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2016 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2016-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-17-GameDay-Thread-Ravens-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - masonbengals fan - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because we are playing well

They will start posting as soon as they screw up.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Pat5775 - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: As many people here as at the stadium.

Good. That's as full as the stadium should be until Marv is gone

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - TSwigZ - 01-01-2017

I had to work today normally I'd ***** my way out of it bc of the bengals but they've given me more reason to sit this one out then watch them even tho I have it recorded

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - bfine32 - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: They will start posting as soon as they screw up.

or if we call a TO with more than 2 minutes left in the half.

Here's to hoping it stays quiet

(01-01-2017, 03:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hmm, then why aren't there?

There should be. It would be a great 3rd/4th and goal play...

But would you want a guy who's only good for scoring on short yardage plays being your primary RB?

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Millhouse - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good. That's as full as the stadium should be until Marv is gone

At this point until Mikey boy is gone. I'll never spend a dime on this team while he is still owner (other than giving the NFL my ratings which indirectly makes it back to his pocket).

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Atomic Orange - 01-01-2017

Keep Uzi, trade glass for picks.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-01-2017

TJ Johnson pulls well considering guard isn't his natural position.

Whitworth Johnson Bodine Zeitler Fisher: This is working....

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - kevin - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Fournette has a good combine and the ankle checks out OK, how do you guys feel about him?

Bengals looking good so far!

Is he the LSU RB....NO, we have other higher needs.....When we draft there will be several top Alabama Linebackers and very old Dansby was yet another band aid....Harrison, Hawk and Dansby were band aids. ....The talent at Linebacker in Round One when we draft is too hard to pass up. We have needed a Round One LB for some years now, but they were off board by the time we drafted. 

(01-01-2017, 03:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At this point until Mikey boy is gone. I'll never spend a dime on this team while he is still owner (other than giving the NFL my ratings which indirectly makes it back to his pocket).

I won't argue that, at least you get it. Money makes Mikey Boythink everything is okay

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - masonbengals fan - 01-01-2017

Ravens playing for a draft pick it seems.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - grampahol - 01-01-2017

Lafells getting his paycheck today.  Ravens are playing awesome today. 

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - kevin - 01-01-2017

Getting Boyd and Core the ball today....GOOD.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Yojimbo - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There should be. It would be a great 3rd/4th and goal play...

But would you want a guy who's only good for scoring on short yardage plays being your primary RB?

The answer is because lineman limit your play calling and audibles. Hill can do a lot more than just score short yardage touchdowns, like blitz pick-up, running routes out of the backfield and sweeps to the outside. Hill has scored several touchdowns from more than 20yds away from the end zone and has several short yardage td's that he had to turn on the jets and bounce it to the outside.

Hill isn't AP or Elliot or David Johnson, but he isn't useless and does bring value to the team on a occasion. Hill's biggest problem is his consistency which is a mental issue that can be corrected. Did you know he had the highest number of touches without a fumble in the league this year?

(01-01-2017, 03:54 PM)kevin Wrote: Is he the LSU RB....NO, we have other higher needs.....When we draft there will be several top Alabama Linebackers and very old Dansby was yet another band aid....Harrison, Hawk and Dansby were band aids. ....The talent at Linebacker in Round One when we draft is too hard to pass up. We have needed a Round One LB for some years now, but they were off board by the time we drafted. 

We definitely have higher priority needs than RB.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - matmaven - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:54 PM)kevin Wrote: Is he the LSU RB....NO, we have other higher needs.....When we draft there will be several top Alabama Linebackers and very old Dansby was yet another band aid....Harrison, Hawk and Dansby were band aids. ....The talent at Linebacker in Round One when we draft is too hard to pass up. We have needed a Round One LB for some years now, but they were off board by the time we drafted. 

1) Oline 

2) LB

3) Dline

4) Safety

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - pally - 01-01-2017

and LaFell has now made the catch total part of his contract bonus. He will go home a richer man today

(01-01-2017, 03:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: Lafells getting his paycheck today.  Ravens are playing awesome today. 

Glad to see it too. He's been a good signing.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The answer is because lineman limit your play calling and audibles. Hill can do a lot more than just score short yardage touchdowns, like blitz pick-up, running routes out of the backfield and sweeps to the outside. Hill has scored several touchdowns from more than 20yds away from the end zone and has several short yardage td's that he had to turn on the jets and bounce it to the outside.

Hill isn't AP or Elliot or David Johnson, but he isn't useless and does bring value to the team on a occasion. Hill's biggest problem is his consistency which is a mental issue that can be corrected. Did you know he had the highest number of touches without a fumble in the league this year?

This post is sheer greatness.  Thank you for sharing!

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Ravens @ Bengals*** - jfkbengals - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I thikn we've been watching the same team, if you disregard stats - Hill has gotten his yards on big runs (i.e. he's incredibly inconsistent, if we throw out large runs his average YPC is probably low). I don't trust him whatsoever in short scenarios, do you?

Yes.  That's the reason he is among the league leaders in rushing TDs during his career.

They also skew his average down considerably, if you are going to throw out his long runs you have to throw out his short yardage runs.  You'd then also have to do the same with any back you are attempting to compare him to.  Or, you leave it alone and compare starters to starters, not backups.

You can't keep harping on averages, you have to look at the player's role and how it impacts things.  The third down back should almost always have a better YPC than the starter, as they get considerably more of their carries in situations where the defense is playing the pass first and often willing to give up an 6 yard carry to prevent a long completion to move the sticks.  Conversely, who gives a shit if you're short yardage back averages 1.0 YPC?  The important point with him is that he converts at a high percentage.