Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus (/Thread-Top-5-albums-to-listen-to-when-stoned-to-the-bejesus)

Pages: 1 2 3

Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - BengalHawk62 - 01-20-2017

1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco- Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends
5. Eric Church- The Outsiders

Go! expand your minds young Jedi

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - HarleyDog - 01-21-2017

Snoop Dog - Doggystyle.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - BengalsRocker - 01-21-2017

I thought the answer was Soundgarden?

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - jason - 01-21-2017

(01-20-2017, 06:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco- Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends

Go! expand your minds young Jedi
All great choices. I'm not overly familiar with that Radiohead record. I respect them, but wouldn't call myself a fan. I can't say that I've heard all of the Outsiders either, but Eric Church is decent as far as modern hit country goes.

I'd like to add...

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers

Ween - Chocolate and Cheese

The Clash - Sandanista

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - SunsetBengal - 01-21-2017

Beastie Boys - Check your head

(01-21-2017, 01:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Beastie Boys - Check your head
Yes....

I had not listened to that in many years until a couple of weeks ago. Had forgotten how great it is.

(01-21-2017, 11:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Snoop Dog - Doggystyle.
My only beef with that album, and the Chronic before it,... Too many damn interludes and skits between songs. It was a staple of 90's rap.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - CageTheBengal - 01-21-2017

I might add more later but the first album that came to my head was Kid A by Radiohead.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - magikod - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 01:17 PM)jason Wrote: All great choices. I'm not overly familiar with that Radiohead record. I respect them, but wouldn't call myself a fan. I can't say that I've heard all of the Outsiders either, but Eric Church is decent as far as modern hit country goes.

I'd like to add...

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers

Ween - Chocolate and Cheese

The Clash - Sandanista

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

enter the 36 chambers is great

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - magikod - 01-21-2017

best rap album in my opinion

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - wildcats forever - 01-22-2017

Had to jump into the wayback machine, as it's been eons since I've been stoned to the bejesus....but here goes:

Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
McDonald and Giles - McDonald and Giles
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
John Prine - John Prine

..... and I could turn this into a top 20 or 50, the more I think about it. Multiple albums by Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa, plus ELP, Genesis, Gentle Giant would run the total up quickly. Hell, in the late 60's to mid 70's music was our main thing. It was our culture, our cling to sanity, our way of expression on so many things. All while being "stoned to the bejesus"

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - magikod - 01-22-2017

exile on main street by the rolling stones has to be on the list for sure.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - McC - 01-22-2017

(01-20-2017, 06:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco-  Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends

Go!  expand your minds young Jedi

With you on the Pink Floyd but I'd have to go with Dark Side of the Moon.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - BengalHawk62 - 01-22-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I might add more later but the first album that came to my head was Kid A by Radiohead.

I was going back and forth on the Radiohead CDs, but I just really connected more with the Bends than Kid A. Either way, you can't go wrong.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - BengalHawk62 - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 04:06 PM)McC Wrote: With you on the Pink Floyd but I'd have to go with Dark Side of the Moon.

Ya once again, I went back and forth to other the floyd albums, but Animals was just a good.....trip. :)

(01-21-2017, 11:51 PM)magikod Wrote: best rap album in my opinion

I don't know this artist at all......but I don't not trust your thinking one bit. I'll have to check it out some time.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - samhain - 01-23-2017

Outkast, Aquenmini

The Grateful Dead, Skeletons From the Closet

Jets to Brazil, Four Cornered Night (Trust me, it's great if you're high.)

Warren Zevon, Excitable Boy

My Morning Jacket, Z

Honorable mention: Supertramp, Breakfast in America (Maybe not even honorable mention. I love that damn album.)

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - samhain - 01-23-2017

(01-22-2017, 06:54 AM)magikod Wrote: exile on main street by the rolling stones has to be on the list for sure.

This is a fact.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - Vas Deferens - 01-23-2017

Along these lines, I would suggest everyone here spark one up and give a listen to Anderson Paak - Malibu.

I'll have to compile a greater list, but that's what I've found myself reaching for after popping 2 or 3 gummies of late.

RE: Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus - bfine32 - 01-23-2017

Rush-2112 /thread

Of course reading Ayn Rand's Anthem is a prerequisite.