Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-17-2021, 09:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: "Why should I pay a guard that much?"......

......same as it ever was......

I really bought into them understanding the importance of getting established linemen to protect the franchise.  I thought they'd seen enough when our quarterback got carted off the field in November.  I truly believed that there was a sense of urgency with the family.  3 days ago, I'd have bet money on them adding to the line in FA, and in a meaningful way.  

Joe Burrow is the most important figure in all of Cincinnati sports right now.  I can't believe that they are content with standing pat with the OGs we have right now.  

I'm disappointed, but I am honestly more in disbelief than anything.
(03-17-2021, 08:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: Chad is vouching for the Bengals to sign Kenny G

Golladay and Reif would shoot this FA up the charts.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-17-2021, 08:24 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Solid move.

Does he play OL, WR or DE? lol
(03-17-2021, 09:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would be happy with Reiff, especially with the short arm memes that came around when he was a prospect. 

[Image: ReiffTinyArms3.jpg?_ga=2.105945536.25578...1616028657]
[Image: y35bdhbl]
(03-17-2021, 09:51 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Does he play OL, WR or DE? lol
Uh he probably can block better then some of them up front right now  Tongue Hilarious
(03-17-2021, 09:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow needs to request a trade

Burrow has said he is happy with Zac.   Hilarious   NO JOKE! Nervous
If Reiff signs AND can play on an island on the right side then that would mean the odds of Pitts go up. It would also mean they may be thinking Hart to RG.
(03-17-2021, 09:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then the young bull ran down the hill and got the best cow while the old one had to settle for two old bony ones.

I gotta admit. When you hit, you hit hard.  Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-17-2021, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is some bullshit, if I were Joe I'd quit and go to the CFL........Hey, wait a minute

Freudian slip? I saw before the edit....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-17-2021, 09:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Golladay and Reif would shoot this FA up the charts.

Lord hear our prayer
(03-17-2021, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Seahawks traded a 5th round pick for Gabe Jackson.

With the money that stays with the Raiders, the Seahawks have him locked in for 2 years, 19.1 million dollars (9.55 per).  And because they're no guarantees transfered that means they take on zero in potential dead cap.  They can bait at any time.

Fwiw, for those that are asking what you can do with some of the money from cuts, here's a perfect example.

Cut Atkins, Bernard, and Price.  Total saved = 15.5 mil

Sign (trade for) Jackson, a backup running back at 2 mil or less, and a DT like Mike Daniels last year for 4 mil or less.  Total spent = 15.5 million dollars or less.

Which group do you think helps us more?
(03-17-2021, 09:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Golladay and Reif would shoot this FA up the charts.

I didn't know this but apparently the Packers released Rick Wagner. He played really well last year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-17-2021, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is some bullshit, if I were Joe I'd quit and go to the CFL........Hey, wait a minute

Reiff is a tackle.  Sewell is a tackle.  Jonah is a tackle.  If signing Reiff means not drafting Sewell, then I think it's just another short-term stopgap, and one that the Vikes had been looking to upgrade for a few years.  This team specifically needed guards badly.  No more Jordan and Redmond.  A team that adds Reiff and keeps the two in the mix as starters is entirely unserious about improving.
(03-17-2021, 09:44 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Golladays team called the Bengals and asked for that...... Nervous

Yeah. I edited after i saw that. 

(03-17-2021, 09:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woo save free agency with a solid Riley Reiff signing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-17-2021, 09:50 PM)samhain Wrote: I really bought into them understanding the importance of getting established linemen to protect the franchise.  I thought they'd seen enough when our quarterback got carted off the field in November.  I truly believed that there was a sense of urgency with the family.  3 days ago, I'd have bet money on them adding to the line in FA, and in a meaningful way.  

Joe Burrow is the most important figure in all of Cincinnati sports right now.  I can't believe that they are content with standing pat with the OGs we have right now.  

I'm disappointed, but I am honestly more in disbelief than anything.

Don't feel bad....I thought the same thing.

"Better send those refunds..."

(03-17-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Reiff is a tackle.  Sewell is a tackle.  Jonah is a tackle.  If signing Reiff means not drafting Sewell, then I think it's just another short-term stopgap, and one that the Vikes had been looking to upgrade for a few years.  This team specifically needed guards badly.  No more Jordan and Redmond.  A team that adds Reiff and keeps the two in the mix as starters is entirely unserious about improving.

Maybe Mike's thinking about converting him to tight end.
(03-17-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Reiff is a tackle.  Sewell is a tackle.  Jonah is a tackle.  If signing Reiff means not drafting Sewell, then I think it's just another short-term stopgap, and one that the Vikes had been looking to upgrade for a few years.  This team specifically needed guards badly.  No more Jordan and Redmond.  A team that adds Reiff and keeps the two in the mix as starters is entirely unserious about improving.

I think the Bengals could still take Sewell and kick him to LG for a year like they did with Whit.  Or they may trade down and get Slater.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(03-17-2021, 09:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: This free agency has basically been a bust and I question if I will bother watching

You say the same thing in game day threads after the Bengals first incomplete pass.  I'll believe it when I see it.   Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah