Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
Signing Reiff would go a long way in improving their grade in FA. IMHO

I like the Ogunjobi signing. Getting Golladay would be great.

Could re-signing Thomas have derailed that ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2021, 09:53 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Signing Reiff would go a long way in improving their grade in FA. IMHO

I doubt Thomas has any bearing on Golladay.  We only had 3 non-PS WR's under contract for next year.  Thomas is purely a depth/ST's signing.
(03-18-2021, 09:53 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Signing Reiff would go a long way in improving their grade in FA. IMHO

I think Golladay could be using us as leverage, but I dont think the Mike Thomas signing would stop us from signing Golladay if he doesn't sign with the Giants. Thomas is more like solid depth and yet a good player on ST. 
(03-18-2021, 09:58 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Golladay could be using us as leverage, but I dont think the Mike Thomas signing would stop us from signing Golladay if he doesn't sign with the Giants. Thomas is more like solid depth and yet a good player on ST. 

Golladay's reps approaching the Bengals asking them for a contract when the Bengals were minding their own business just to use them for leverage is the most desperate thing I've heard a player do in Free Agency in awhile. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(03-18-2021, 08:27 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If they sign Reiff, one quality interior lineman, and maybe retain Spain. Depending on what happens with Golladay, could give them some more options in the draft. Sewell or Slater would still be my top choices but it wouldn’t be AS MUCH of a need.

I'm in the same boat with Sewell and Slater being my top choices. Even though Sewell has the higher upside, I wonder if Slater might be the better fit because of his perceived versatility to play guard. Play him inside for a year or two, then kick him out to RT whenever Reiff's play declines.  
Was just listening to ESPN Radio National Syndicated
One of the Talking Heads mentioned how Gallodays agent may be using the bengals for contract leverage and he ultimately wants to play for the Giants..
But funny he also Said that most Free agents laugh at the fact Cincy does not have an Indoor Practice Facility..
No Indoor Facility is much more of a bigger deal then we think
(03-18-2021, 10:20 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm in the same boat with Sewell and Slater being my top choices. Even though Sewell has the higher upside, I wonder if Slater might be the better fit because of his perceived versatility to play guard. Play him inside for a year or two, then kick him out to RT whenever Reiff's play declines.  

Supposedly it’s said he can play all 5 positions. Which could give them the ability to mess around with interior lineups. I haven’t seen it, but a lot of experts say to go watch his tape against Chase Young. Slater I believe played against some better competition than Sewell.
(03-18-2021, 09:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Welcome back Mike Thomas. I guess we signed him to a 1 year deal.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-bringing-back-wide-receiver-mike-thomas-on-one-year-deal

Worst news of free agency so far.  This guy is an absolute bum. 

Give one of those bottom of the WR depth chart spots to a late round pick, a UDFA, or find another cheap FA.

This dude has been in the league for 5 years and has 276 yards receiving. He makes Alex Erickson (another bum) look like Terrell Owens.
(03-18-2021, 10:21 AM)Spider Wrote: Was just listening to ESPN Radio National Syndicated
One of the Talking Heads mentioned how Gallodays agent may be using the bengals for contract leverage and he ultimately wants to play for the Giants..
But funny he also Said that most Free agents laugh at the fact Cincy does not have an Indoor Practice Facility..
No Indoor Facility is much more of a bigger deal then we think

then they are SAWFT
Here's me playing GM:

We sign Reiff and Golladay, we now dont have an urgent need to draft T or WR.

A QB hungry team allows us to trade back a few spots and pick up some draft picks.

Take Kyle Pitts.

Get interior OL help in 2nd and 3rd rds.
(03-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Worst news of free agency so far.  This guy is an absolute bum. 

Do you ever have anything positive to post? Just wondering.
(03-18-2021, 10:35 AM)Beaker Wrote: Here's me playing GM:

We sign Reiff and Golladay, we now dont have an urgent need to draft T or WR.

A QB hungry team allows us to trade back a few spots and pick up some draft picks.

Take Kyle Pitts.

Get interior OL help in 2nd and 3rd rds.

I highly doubt Golladay signs with us. 
(03-18-2021, 01:22 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Have we had anyone (as bad as he is perceived to be) that was better than him to replace Hart at T?

That's really been the issue....as bad as our guards have been, we haven't had anyone at tackle any better than Hart. It's a shit show up front.

"Better send those refunds..."

(03-18-2021, 10:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Worst news of free agency so far.  This guy is an absolute bum. 

Give one of those bottom of the WR depth chart spots to a late round pick, a UDFA, or find another cheap FA.  

This dude has been in the league for 5 years and has 276 yards receiving.  He makes Alex Erickson (another bum) look like Terrell Owens.

I see him as nothing more than depth and ST. Definitely not a signing that is going to take this offense places though. 
(03-18-2021, 09:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Welcome back Mike Thomas. I guess we signed him to a 1 year deal.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-bringing-back-wide-receiver-mike-thomas-on-one-year-deal

sUpEr BoWz!!!!!!

(03-18-2021, 09:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: I doubt Thomas has any bearing on Golladay.  We only had 3 non-PS WR's under contract for next year.  Thomas is purely a depth/ST's signing.

Dude ain't afraid to knock people's jocks stiff on punt coverage, that's for sure. Needs to work on that timing a bit tho....lol.

Thomas is ST and depth not a game time receiver. Drops too many balls.
According to PFF, Reiff is already a Bengal.  

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/riley-reiff/7029

Maybe Cris got up early to pull some switches at command central.... Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(03-18-2021, 11:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: Thomas is ST and depth not a game time receiver. Drops too many balls.

He was an aggressive gunner, laid out that dude in Miami twice.

The team needs ST guys I'm not sure why anyone would be upset about this signing. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-18-2021, 11:17 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: According to PFF, Reiff is already a Bengal.  

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/riley-reiff/7029

Maybe Cris got up early to pull some switches at command central.... Hilarious

They did that last night.

He is on the roster on PFF too lol

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]