Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-18-2021, 10:35 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if waiting on a Golladay decision is effecting the Reiff negotiation.  I'm not sure how much either was offered, but both might be a lot for them to take on, especially when ran through the filter of Bengal cap math.

It would be so very Bengal for some shit to get weird and see them end up with neither guy.

IMO go ahead and sign one and hopefully the other and you end up in a cap issue, well we got Hart and Atkins to cut or renegotiate if we have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2021, 10:35 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if waiting on a Golladay decision is effecting the Reiff negotiation.  I'm not sure how much either was offered, but both might be a lot for them to take on, especially when ran through the filter of Bengal cap math.

It would be so very Bengal for some shit to get weird and see them end up with neither guy.

I posted just prior but I am thinking the Golladay deal is a lot closer than what others thought in favor of the Bengals.  It could be a factor for sure.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

No contest - Reiff over Galloway.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-18-2021, 10:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

This could mean they are working out details of the contract...could just be hanging out getting acquainted with everyone...

I don't know if this means anything but this is from Goodberry who is fairly knowledgeable but off the wall at times...could be something relevant or just Goodberry with his james joyce moment. Time stamp was 3/18/21 at 9:38pm

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(03-18-2021, 10:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I posted just prior but I am thinking the Golladay deal is a lot closer than what others thought in favor of the Bengals.  It could be a factor for sure.  

Maybe.  I initially thought we had no chance when this started, but if it comes down to bidding, the other two interested teams are dead to rights.  That is, if the family is actually motivated to get him to sign here.  

I'm used to being very disappointed by this team, but the Golla-Dey campaign and their recent desire to endear themselves to the fans has me thinking they might actually make a serious effort here.  Maybe they offer him 14 or 15 when the others offer 10 or 12.  Tomorrow will be very telling.
(03-18-2021, 10:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That signature avatar is classic, I bet 75% of the fans do not know what that is....

Im wondering why that old lady is stealing Walter Mondale's famous line. 
(03-18-2021, 10:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Well the fact he is still there is good news.
Hopefully we hear tomorrow he’s been signed!!
(03-18-2021, 10:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nope, 1 hour of that was Mike Brown driving them to Wendy's and the other 4 hours was him telling Reiff how the value menu 4pc nuggets used to be a 5pc nuggets for $0.99.

Hilarious 

Did he complain about them charging for extra sauces now too?

I've always pictures my Mike Brown as the type of guy who has a draw full condiments and sauces.  There's Arby's sauce in there from the 90's.  Reiff probably asked for an extra BBQ for his nuggets and Mike started complaining that he's gotta pay for extras now.

"In my day I could choose to get a ranch and bbq for variety. Hell, I could chose 10 of each if I wanted! Now they try to get you pay .30 a piece for more. I say hogwash. Malarkey, I tell ya!"
So if we have Reiff/Williams and Draft Sewell does that mean Williams would be moving to guard?

I think it was time to move on...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Welp

We may hear something positive tonight...but likely early tomorrow. Seems Whatever was right but they went out to dinner and maybe Burrow is with them...That is Reiff. Golladay will not be leaving NYC tonight; at least those are the indications...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

So, with Erickson gone, who is our punt returner? Phillips? Wilson? Do we draft one?
(03-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hilarious 

I've always pictures my Mike Brown as the type of guy who has a draw full condiments and sauces.  There's Arby's sauce in there from the 90's.  Reiff probably asked for an extra BBQ for his nuggets and Mike started complaining that he's gotta pay for extras now.

"In my day I could choose to get a ranch and bbq for variety. Hell, I could chose 10 of each if I wanted! Now they try to get you pay .30 a piece for more. I say hogwash. Malarkey, I tell ya!"

On a condiment related note, they probably have Reiff in police interrogation room with the bright lights shining in his eyes and a bottle of ketchup on the table and Mikey is like, “Okay, show me what you got, kid.”
(03-18-2021, 11:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So, with Erickson gone, who is our punt returner? Phillips? Wilson? Do we draft one?

I think they get Jaelon Darden from N Texas...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

When you google riley reiff it says his current team is the Cincinnati bengals for whatever that's worth..
(03-18-2021, 10:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
I think it was time to move on...

[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hilarious 

"In my day I could choose to get a ranch and bbq for variety.  Hell, I could chose 10 of each if I wanted!  Now they try to get you pay .30 a piece for more.  I say hogwash.  Malarkey, I tell ya!"

C'mon, man, Mikey is too savvy to fall for that sauce BS.  He asks for extra sauce after he's already paid because he knows the schlubb working the register DGAF will just give it to him instead of holding up the drive through and going through the hassle of ringing him up for an extra sauce.
(03-18-2021, 11:07 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: When you google riley reiff it says his current team is the Cincinnati bengals for whatever that's worth..

You’re 100% correct!

Google search=
“ Riley Reiff is an American football offensive tackle currently on the Cincinnati Bengals. He played college football at Iowa and was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the first round, 23rd overall of the 2012 NFL Draft. He previously played for the Lions from 2012 to 2016 and the Minnesota Vikings from 2017 to 2020”
(03-18-2021, 11:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Right?  You said he was a bum.   I think we need someone else blazing back there and that kid from N Texas would be nice.  If not a new draftee, then Phillips.  I am okay with Phillips
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"