Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-19-2021, 01:12 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Is there no further discussions with Golladay??? I see the Ravens are now interested.

We made him an offer, which honestly it seems they are using as a bottom line with other teams. Pretty shitty to me. He had a visit with Chicago, and now NYG, no visit Im aware of with us. Ravens now interested lets see if he visits with them. 
(03-19-2021, 01:16 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: We made him an offer, which honestly it seems they are using as a bottom line with other teams. Pretty shitty to me. He had a visit with Chicago, and now NYG, no visit Im aware of with us. Ravens now interested lets see if he visits with them. 

Releasing Atkins and Hart they should reach out and maybe negotiate again with him. He is a great proven receiver and this would allow us to have 3 solid WRs going into thenhear. Can draft WR for development.
(03-19-2021, 01:20 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Releasing Atkins and Hart they should reach out and maybe negotiate again with him. He is a great proven receiver and this would allow us to have 3 solid WRs going into thenhear. Can draft WR for development.

Yeah definitely could sweeten the offer a little.
(03-19-2021, 10:50 AM)pally Wrote:

YES! He passed the ketchup bottle test at dinner last night!
(03-19-2021, 11:35 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Everyone with all the get Golladay talk.... Take a chill pilll...

Ravens reach out to Golladays agent so another team in the mix now....

Yeah it's clear that Golloday used the Bengals to drum up interest and drive up price.

The longer this dragged out, the more obvious it became.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(03-19-2021, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you think they start Sewell at G (if he’s the pick) until Reiff is gone?

Not a bad plan if it helps him develop into the next Andrew Whitworth.
(03-19-2021, 01:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: To each their own, but I don't look at it like a stats thing (we only need to get 600 yards out of WR3). 

I look at it more like a need thing.  We need a WR who can stretch the field and who can play opposite of Tee on the outside (Boyd remains in the slot.)  Usually outside receivers, who are both somewhat big and fast, don't necessarily get labeled as WR3 or are penciled in as a 600 yard a year receiver.

I envision the perfect scenario as us adding another receiver that results in us not using the tradition labels of WR3, or a guy who is an afterthought to Boyd and Higgins. 

I think if we do this right, our newly acquired "3rd receiver" will be just as capable as being our #1 receiver as anyone else.  It just depends on the matchup and coverage.

Trade for John Ross?

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2F76...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(03-19-2021, 01:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's clear that Golloday used the Bengals to drum up interest and drive up price.

PFT is reporting he's wanting in the neighborhood of 18m. Bears said to have offered him 11-12 on a 1 year deal.
(03-19-2021, 01:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: PFT is reporting he's wanting in the neighborhood of 18m. Bears said to have offered him 11-12 on a 1 year deal.

id guess we offered 1 year for 10
Well now...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2021, 01:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's clear that Golloday used the Bengals to drum up interest and drive up price.

Yep... Agreed.
The Bengals are the only team in the running that can offer him anywhere close to that.
(03-19-2021, 01:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: PFT is reporting he's wanting in the neighborhood of 18m. Bears said to have offered him 11-12 on a 1 year deal.

Yeah, Giants can sign him for 18m I'll pass

Definite pass for me at $18M and really anything above $12M. I'd rather they use the $ on extending Hubbard. 

Damn! That's too much. 

Yikes. Easy pass.
Man, I wonder what makes him think he's worth 18 mil a year? That's Tyreek Hill money.

Okay so Whos next on the WR list lol
(03-19-2021, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, I wonder what makes him think he's worth 18 mil a year? That's Tyreek Hill money.

It's probably just his agent trying to increase the offers. I doubt he gets anything close to that, but who knows.
Golladay not out of picture yet for Bengals. Ravens making a run at the gifted receiver.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/