Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
I wouldn't hate any of the three, or a trade down. I would prefer sewell. TBS, we need 2 OL in the 1st 3 rounds.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Can you name a single player from the LSU OL?

Look, I’m all for upgrading our OL, but this is a deep draft for that, and we can get a really good prospect on day 2.

Idk how you can pass on both Chase and Pitts at this point. Maybe that changes after Sewell’s pro day though.

Maybe 10 years ago when I knew most starters in the SEC, but now I can’t even tell you most of the QB’s names lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:50 PM)SladeX Wrote: I wouldn't hate any of the three, or a trade down. I would prefer sewell. TBS, we need 2 OL in the 1st 3 rounds.

I wouldn't be upset if they could trade down, still get a good O-lineman, and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

That would do wonders for this team from a personnel standpoint.

I just don't get why people are being so damn pissy about things.

Look, Sewell/Pitts/Chase could all be great players.  All could help this team in their own right.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Can you name a single player from the LSU OL?

Look, I’m all for upgrading our OL, but this is a deep draft for that, and we can get a really good prospect on day 2.

Idk how you can pass on both Chase and Pitts at this point. Maybe that changes after Sewell’s pro day though.

This is pretty uninformed.

Three of them were among the first 108 players drafted last year.

This year will probably have similar results for the Bama OL and their championship team.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hahahaha bro there’s a difference between a prospect projected top 5 and a prospect projected late first early second.  Price wasn’t a early second rounder Alton with Daniels and ogbuehi was a late first and coming off and entirely missed season due to injury.  Sewell is a top 5 prospect arguably best in the draft.  He’s not a miss. When we miss on offensive lineman it’s when we are left to evaluate and we simply can’t do that.  Sewell is a no brainer.  The list of wide receivers that have balled here that were picked out of the first round goes on and on.  On top of all that u it’s much more important to protect ur qb than it is to add another wide receiver at pick 1 when we already have two studs on the roster.  Ur being sand to the beach with chase.  Get Sewell in the first then take Bateman Marshall Moore whomever in the second who will be excellent with Higgins Boyd and a protected burrow

The experts are split about 75/25 that Sewell is the best OT. Some still think Slater will be better than Sewell. Nobody thinks there are other WRs that are better prospects than Chase. Its Chase, then everyone else. And again look at the talent drop off from Chase to 2nd round prospects. It is much greater than the talent drop off from Sewell to 2nd round prospects. Sewell will likely be goos, but I said this before...which player, Sewell or Chase, has the better chance of not being as good as advertised? If you didn't say Sewell as the answer to that question, youre either blind or too stubborn to admit it.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 09:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is pretty uninformed.

Three of them were among the first 108 players drafted last year.

This year will probably have similar results for the Bama OL and their championship team.

They didn’t have a single Olineman taken before the 3rd round. Meanwhile, if Marshall goes in the 1st (he will) that’s all 3 of Burrow’s main WR’s as first rounders. But sure, keep downplaying the “shiny toys.”

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll just copy/paste this here:

Also, Taking Sewell would help us fix the interior problem as well. Mike has always placed heavy value on skill position players...based on both picks and money spent retaining players. He has never valued interior line.

------

Taking Sewell would not only (hopefully) lock up Tackle for a decade, it'd help on the interior, as we could bump Jonah inside (or start Sewell inside). "The trenches" aren't just tackles.

The trenches aren't just T's, but we're drafting a T to fix our G problem?

Sounds an awful lot like Paul Alexander's "if you can play T, you can play G" philosophy that caused most of our OL picks and cap dollars on the OL to be spent on T's and not the IOL.

If we should make IOL more of a priority, there's a big grouping of them rated around our 2nd round pick.  
Reply/Quote
am I the only one who thinks Sewell at guard would be monstorous for the run game?

Im just saying.

People say he needs a year to develop. Well ok

let him maul people at guard his first year. Get some nfl experience under his belt before kicking out to RT
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: The trenches aren't just T's, but we're drafting a T to fix our G problem?

Sounds an awful lot like Paul Alexander's "if you can play T, you can play G" philosophy that caused most of our OL picks and cap dollars on the OL to be spent on T's and not the IOL.

If we should make IOL more of a priority, there's a big grouping of them rated around our 2nd round pick.  

And that just fixes the IOL for 1 year because if the he steps out to tackle that leaves the hole still on the IOL.

Honestly Wyatt Davis makes a ton of sense for the Bengals 2nd Round Pick. He is a guy that can step into the RG spot day 1 leaving a competition between Spain, XSF, and Adeniji for the LG spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Synric Wrote: And that just fixes the IOL for 1 year because if the he steps out to tackle that leaves the hole still on the IOL.

well if we draft sewell in round 1, we should still draft guard in round 2 or maybe 3
Reply/Quote
Jamarr should just tell the falcons he'd rather play for us.
Reply/Quote
Both Chase and Pitts would be good picks. I don't want to trade down when there are exceptional players already there. Sewell could alter people's minds when he has his workout. He began the year with a ton of accolades but has been absent so far and that's about to change.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well if we draft sewell in round 1, we should still draft guard in round 2 or maybe 3

Even if they don't get Sewell Wyatt Davis would be a steal in the second round to play RG.

Williams - Spain - Hopkins - Davis - Reiff. I would feel comfortable with Burrow and Mixon behind that line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Synric Wrote: And that just fixes the IOL for 1 year because if the he steps out to tackle that leaves the hole still on the IOL.

Honestly Wyatt Davis makes a ton of sense for the Bengals 2nd Round Pick. He is a guy that can step into the RG spot day 1 leaving a competition between Spain, XSF, and Adeniji for the LG spot.

Very true.  And the Bengals will be a lot more likely to resign Reiff if they go G in 2 after taking Chase/Pitts in 1.  

There are other G's I like more than Davis in 2(Humphrey, Meinerz, Brown).  However, with it looking like Chase in 1, G in 2 would be a smart play along with a T to groom like Spencer Brown or Hudson in 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

He's not Tee Higgins - he's on a completely different level.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.
Agree 100%.I would even be willing to trade up to get him.I think Sewell was still 19 years old when he played his last game.Draft JaMarr Chase and forget about Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 09:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: The experts are split about 75/25 that Sewell is the best OT. Some still think Slater will be better than Sewell. Nobody thinks there are other WRs that are better prospects than Chase. Its Chase, then everyone else. And again look at the talent drop off from Chase to 2nd round prospects. It is much greater than the talent drop off from Sewell to 2nd round prospects. Sewell will likely be goos, but I said this before...which player, Sewell or Chase, has the better chance of not being as good as advertised? If you didn't say Sewell as the answer to that question, youre either blind or too stubborn to admit it.

Bro no ones arguing chase isnt gonna be a stud I’m sure he is and I agree the drop of is bigger at wide receiver than tackle from the first to second round. But that can be said about many positions compared to the other. It can be argued both Sewell and chase are both one of the few very top players in this draft. But our biggest need with a dead qb is offensive lineman. Wanting chase and then the best available tackle in round two is a big drop as well in talent from slater/Sewell to a leatherwood or radunz etc. our wide receiver group doesn’t need a first round talent they need a good player to stretch the field and man the X. The bengals hit on second round wide receivers blind folded. I will take Sewell/Bateman all day over chase/leatherwood. Again chase is a great talent but so it Sewell and he plays our biggest need at the most important spot behind qb and that’s protecting him. We have failed to do that time and time again cuz we get ooohhhhh’d and ahhhhhh’ by these flashy wide receivers instead of investing in the big uglies that win u games. Take Sewell then Bateman. Problem solved. Offensive line should be number 1 priority bottom line if u disagree then go back and watch last season. Specifically the Washington game.
Reply/Quote
Tevin Jenkins in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
For those of your who are into analytics here are some relevant tweets for Chase.

RAS: 9.9 - 27th out of 2480 WR since 1987
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1377342533844443140

For Next Gen Stats he is the only player since 2003 to to have a production score and athleticism score above 95.
I don't know how they calculate their findings, but some other notable players are: the only players with 93+ in production and athleticism are Calvin Johnson, Amari Cooper, and Ja'Marr Chase.
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1377352008592617474
Reply/Quote
Maybe we don't think Sewell is our guy.. Maybe we feel like we can get someone in the 2nd round that could be just as good as Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. It’s just annoying when people exaggerate to make their point.

Do you think a line of Jonah - Spain - Hopkins -2nd rounder - Reiff would be anywhere near as bad as when we were trotting out Hart, Jordan, Redmond, etc?

Please answer honestly.

Everyone keeps comparing our expected line this year with our injured line from last year.

Real comparison would be is Jonah - Jordan/Spain - Hopkins - XSF - Hart --> Would have been our best starting lineup sans injuries. Spain might not even be on the team if they stayed healthy.

Once again I believe I'd like Sewell, but Chase isn't a bad consolation prize. The arguments could be invalid one of them could certainly be gone.
Reply/Quote