Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2021, 10:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And like I said - the **** they can't with the revolving doors we have at the offensive line.

I think you are under estimating what Pollock can do with the O-Line compared to Turner.

The addition of Reiff, Another year of Jonah plus a 2nd and 3rd pick on O-line will get what you want. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The post I quoted said best for a decade.

How much can you afford to lose off 10-11 yards per catch? You don't have a step or two to afford to lose.

Boyd is a slot receiver. That's what you get, 11-13ypc. It has nothing to do with speed, it's route type. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This draft needs to speed up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think Andy will still start this season; and you can't ask for a better mentor for Fields.
Reply/Quote
Listening to Chase's press conference....he is bringing a lot of swagger that reminds me of Chad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: We basically picked an AJ Green talent all over again... imagine hating it.

He is more like Jerry Rice in style(Not saying he is Jerry Rice) than AJ Green. He is going to be a RAC guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:41 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: 1 OL taken with 10 picks in. I like our chances of getting a nice OL at 38.

They will start falling off the board around/after pick 15 but there will still be plenty to pick from in rd2. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think if this draft wasn't so deep at OL they would have taken Sewell. But they correctly realized the offense badly needed someone with Chase's skillset. 

And it would have been an amazing pick, just like the Chase pick tonight!

We need chase to escape camp without an injury lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I think you are under estimating what Pollock can do with the O-Line compared to Turner.

The addition of Reiff, Another year of Jonah plus a 2nd and 3rd pick on O-line will get what you want. 

You can only polish a turd so much.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:41 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Only one OL picked so far. Good news for second round talent. Protect our franchise.
Let’s Go. Who Dey!

I can only read that as "Penei Sewell was THAT much better than everyone else"
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:47 PM)J24 Wrote: He is more like Jerry Rice in style(Not saying he is Jerry Rice) than AJ Green. He is going to be a RAC guy.
 Player comp for JaMarr Chase is Terry Holt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:47 PM)J24 Wrote: He is more like Jerry Rice in style(Not saying he is Jerry Rice) than AJ Green. He is going to be a RAC guy.

Works for me.  I like dudes who can get some extra yards after the catch.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm curious as to whether or not you've ever posted anything of relevance? I'm betting not.

'kay. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Why was Fields not in Cleveland?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can only read that as "Penei Sewell was THAT much better than everyone else"

And according to many pundits, he wasn't... he may not even have been as good as Slater (Not Knocking Sewell, I would have been happy with him too) Just lots of talent in this years draft on the oline.
Reply/Quote
Bengals would make this board happy if they traded back in this 1st round... I feel like it's shaping up decently for a trade up
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: We basically picked an AJ Green talent all over again... imagine hating it.

When we had Whit under lock and key for many years to come.  That's the difference.  Jonah is not in that class.  No one is hating having Chase, just hating passing up a generational lineman where we have a need.
Reply/Quote
Bleacher Report live grades gave us an F lol. Screw the lazy media always ripping on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
The thing is, with a VERY deep OL class other teams are making the same calculation the Bengals are and going after shallow groups first.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, Burrow is such a scrub needing all these weapons.

I dunno, feels like somethings missing.... I wonder what that could be?
Reply/Quote