Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-30-2021, 06:16 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals draft any other position besides an offensive linemen in the 2nd round Bengals Fans are going to collectively s**t a brick.

Yup. I do hope they go back to back, but I would be ok with DL in 3 too
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am hearing Jenkins has medical with hip.  Anyone verify?

I keep seeing this too but no one has provided any link etc. It makes sense why he fell and would take him off the board at 38 if true. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, the board really fell in our favor. I'd love to have Cosmi, Humphrey, Jenkins or Dickerson (assuming his medicals check out) on this team. Eichenberg is lower on my wish list just because he is tall like a tackle (height is a negative at guard once you reach 6'6" 6'7") but has little T-Rex arms, so I don't know where he actually fits on the line, but if we took him at 38 I wouldn't be upset, assuming the team knows what they want to do with him. 

Carman was a guy I thought was firmly entrenched as a 3rd round pick as there are questions about his ability to play tackle, but he's gained some steam in the 2nd round over the last week or two so maybe that wouldn't be a terrible pick haha.

The point is we'd be hard pressed to **** this pick up haha.

Eichenberg's little T-Rex arms lol

Probably the only reason he would be available to us, guy just played great at Notre Dame. Carman is great cause he is a road 
grader in the run game and can kick out to Tackle if we needed him to, athletic for a big man so he could play in an outside zone
like we are implementing. Cosmi gives me pause cause he is purely an OT. Jenkins and Dickerson cause of their injury history.

Meinerz, Kendrick Green and Spencer Brown are guys I would love in the 3rd or later.
Reply/Quote
Can we get a Day 2 thread?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 05:32 PM)G man Wrote: New member here. Bengals fan in England.

I was always team chase but knew deep down that Sewell was sensible choice. But after we have taken Chase the rest of round 1 went better than any of us could have hoped for.

I think even team Sewell may have changed their minds if they had hindsight of how the rest of round would play out.

I like eichenberg or Cosmi in this round and double dip in R3. Probably a long shot but would love meinerz in R3 of he is still there

Welcome to the Board Gman.  Rock On

Agree with your stance, doubt team Sewell guys have changed their minds though ha ha
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eichenberg's little T-Rex arms lol

Probably the only reason he would be available to us, guy just played great at Notre Dame. Carman is great cause he is a road 
grader in the run game and can kick out to Tackle if we needed him to, athletic for a big man so he could play in an outside zone
like we are implementing. Cosmi gives me pause cause he is purely an OT. Jenkins and Dickerson cause of their injury history.

Meinerz, Kendrick Green and Spencer Brown are guys I would love in the 3rd or later.

Spencer Brown has injury history too, but all the remaining olinemen have their warts.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Spencer Brown has injury history too, but all the remaining olinemen have their warts.

Yeah, but he is healthy now. Small college and the injury history could have him fall to us in the 4th...

Perfect OT to learn behind Reiff for a year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tonight's picks will be what makes this a good draft or not.
Chase is a good pick, but he can't be the only good pick for this to be a successful draft.
You can't count on any Day 3 pick being an immediate contributor this year aside from ST.

In order for this to be a good draft:  Chase has to be a starter, and our round 2 selection has to be a starter, rounds 3 through 7 are developmental rotatational players.  That would be a good draft.

In order for this to be an awesome draft:  Chase, 2nd rounder, and 3rd rounder, and our new 7th round kicker are starters.

This is a failed draft if:  Chase and everyone after him are rotational developmental for the next 1 to 2 years

imho
Reply/Quote
Creed Humphrey is my c/og..in round 2..mean streak..high IQ
Reply/Quote
Going to draft QB #2. heard it here first.
Reply/Quote
Quick question. With Erickson gone, who is our punt returner.....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:26 PM)Destro Wrote: Going to draft QB #2. heard it here first.

Now you’re being silly. They clearly are going to grab another receiver here.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:43 PM)ken anderson fan Wrote: Creed Humphrey is my c/og..in round 2..mean streak..high IQ

He’s my preferred choice at 38. I think IOL is more of an immediate need than Tackle right now. Hell, I think Humphrey in the 2nd and then Kendrick Green in the 3rd would be great.
Reply/Quote
For the guys that liked Rashawn Slater there is a guy that is very similar that might go tonight. He even played in Cincinnati....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping Jenkins is still there when we pick and we snag him
Reply/Quote
I am prepared for two things today one the Bengals draft a defense player in round two, The other the Bengals trade back and pick up an extra third round pick which would help tremendously.

If they stick to their guns at number 38 and if it's an offensive line player I guess we have to trust Frank Pollack.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
No reason for our first pick tonight to be anything but OL.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Quick question.  With Erickson gone, who is our punt returner.....

Maybe Mike Thomas or Phillips would be my guess
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Here we go!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He’s my preferred choice at 38. I think IOL is more of an immediate need than Tackle right now. Hell, I think Humphrey in the 2nd and then Kendrick Green in the 3rd would be great.

If this scenario played out both Humphrey and Greene can play center if Hopkins cannot make it back and both can play guard.  Humphrey's not a vertical mover though.  Green is one of my personal favorites and probably has some of the best hands and punch of all interior linemen.  Synric has talked me in to accepting Davis.  Davis would be a right guard only prospect,. But if he is healthy he's probably the nastiest of the group from what I read. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote