Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
New Bengals draft manual:

1st Round - LSU
2nd Round - Clemson
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Wooooow.

Aaron Banks in the 2nd. If people think Carman was a reach, this was a HUGE reach.

It’s obvious the media didn’t view the guard position the same as teams. One thing you heard constantly was teams had wildly different grades on OL this year.
Reply/Quote
Carman seems like a decent pick and we added two 4s in the bargain. So can't complain. But we REALLY need to keep picking OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd have taken Creed, but if this guy was good enough at Clemson then he must be solid.

Agreed dude and the board naysayers are only basing opinions based on internet website rankings.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree, Carman is about as good of a Guard as you could get in this class that can also play Tackle.

Road grading run blocker, cannot believe people are hating on this pick, but eh. No surprise with some.

Also traded back and added a pick. Great job. Rock On

Most of the people having a problem have probably never seen the kid take a snap in their lives. 
Reply/Quote
I remember him handling Chase Young well in the 2019 matchup
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: New Bengals draft manual:

1st Round - LSU
2nd Round - Clemson

Both tigers.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:24 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I remember him handling Chase Young well in the 2019 matchup

Thanks man. I had that memory just about blocked out.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
OMG did they really draft another offensive lineman with a bad back? Great pick lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:55 PM)G man Wrote: I could never understand the philosophy that if you don't draft Sewell then joe will Get injured like he's the only OL in the draft capable of protecting burrow. I am probably a bit bias though because I'm a big lsu  fan and watching that 2019 season as an LSU fan was just the most enjoyable experience I have had as a spectator of any sport. So the thought that Some of the magic can be recreated definitely put me in team chase.

Have to say though I'm not keen on this trade back though.

Well we got Jackson Carman who was right there with my top Guard prospect in Vera-Tucker who was taken in the first.

Adding a pick while trading back and getting Carman is pretty sweet to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s obvious the media didn’t view the guard position the same as teams. One thing you heard constantly was teams had wildly different grades on OL this year.

Yea. I think a lack of a combine also is making this difficult. It seems like Carman didn't even participate in the pro day, so we don't really have much information on his athletic profile, but everything I'm reading is something along the lines of "a man this large should not be able to move this well."

Which, interestingly enough, is exactly what they say about Sewell. So that's nice :)
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman is a former 5 Star recruit that played at 330. He is very smooth mover that is a monster in the run game and was a huge part of Travis Etienne success at Clemson. His biggest issues were inconsistantcy vs speed rushers off the edge but didnt give up an inch go power rushers. And yes he measured under that 33' arm msrck that will likely slide him inside but for a guy with short arms he plays at length and with very heavy hands which is impressive for a guy coming out of college.

Yup.  Kid's a mediocre T prospect, but a great G prospect.  He'll be starting at G and can slide to T in an emergency.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:16 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Like Price, another T-Rex pick. Gotta love those short armed guys.

I worked at The Museum of the Rockies many years ago. The paleontologist there (featured in Jurassic Park) said though a T-Rex had short arms, it would have had the strength to curl 700 lbs. I'll take that strength on the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman is a former 5 Star recruit that played at 330. He is very smooth mover that is a monster in the run game and was a huge part of Travis Etienne success at Clemson. His biggest issues were inconsistantcy vs speed rushers off the edge but didnt give up an inch go power rushers. And yes he measured under that 33' arm msrck that will likely slide him inside but for a guy with short arms he plays at length and with very heavy hands which is impressive for a guy coming out of college.

I'm good with him as a guard.  Do I want him dealing with speed rushers on the edge?  No.  As a guard with maybe some potential to play tackle in time, I'm happy.

I wonder how much of his shitty evals can be attributed to his limitations as a tackle.  I think a lot of the concerns are moot when you move him inside, which is exactly what everyone and their brother has been saying to do with him since the draft process started.
Reply/Quote
Happy enough with that. shapes like he could be a good guard and provides cover at tackle. Decent pick
Reply/Quote
I'm feeling good about this draft so far guys but, if I'm being perfectly honest, I think I would have taken Sewell + Marshall over Chase + Carman.

With that said, the fact that Marshall still hasn't been selected tells me there may be problems with him as well. So you really never know how teams truly feel about these guys.
Reply/Quote
Love the pick let's goooo
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Pollock likes his feet he said “nimble” thinks he has the ability to play tackle in the future. Everyone here who likes Pollock, you either trust him or you don’t.
Reply/Quote
Dude is coming off a disc injury in his back that shit doesn't get better, he will be a bust.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How do these rumors get out? I see zero advantage to the team for this being reported.

This dude loudly shares them to anyone who will listen while he's at BW3's eating his 73rd Carribean Jerk wing.

[Image: 267x367]
Reply/Quote