Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
TBH every pick that is not on OL sends my draft grade down. When you have OL issues and have the deepest draft on OL in recent memory you go all in and double or even triple dip on OL. We already dropped a boatload of money on D and drafting defenders is wasted with Lou calling the shots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems like every OL draft prospect I read the scouting report on has short arms what is up with that? Is arm length really that critical?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Dallas wanted to address their D

Maybe they'll let us have Vander Esch for cheap. Injury issues, sure, but first round talent. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: TBH every pick that is not on OL sends my draft grade down. When you have OL issues and have the deepest draft on OL in recent memory you go all in and double or even triple dip on OL. We already dropped a boatload of money on D and drafting defenders is wasted with Lou calling the shots.

Eh, I want more OL, too, but that doesn’t mean these players should receive bad grades.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: TBH every pick that is not on OL sends my draft grade down. When you have OL issues and have the deepest draft on OL in recent memory you go all in and double or even triple dip on OL. We already dropped a boatload of money on D and drafting defenders is wasted with Lou calling the shots.

I want more OL too, but the pass rush was last in the league whereas the OL was not. They need pass rushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I would give this draft an F-, even though I think Chase will be a pro bowler.  I think it was a massive mistake not fixing the OL.  Makes me think the coaching staff and GM do not have a clue.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The positivity around here is such a breath of fresh air....jeesh!
The supposed consensus top WR, a T that was ecstatic to be a Bengal, two edge rushers with high octane engines; yet the bitching continues.
They're doing just fine so far, plus the trade back was great! Gonna make hay here in the 4th.

It's the fact that people are still upset there guy wasn't taken.

They wanted Sewell in one and got upset it didn't happen, they wanted an OLineman in 2 after passing on Sewell which they got, but it wasn't the guy they liked.

Bunch of people mad they didn't get there way in round 1 that are just gonna cry about it all the way through no matter what picks we make.
Reply/Quote
One great thing about these later rounds is you don’t have to wait forever between picks.
I love the NFL draft but that first round was brutal to sit through.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:41 PM)J24 Wrote: He's a 3T; think Michael Bennett from the legion of Boom!

PrayWhoDey2Good PostGarfield

It's a passing league and we're investing in the pass rush to get after teams!

LOVE IT!

We still need to improve the offensive line, but limiting what the opposing offenses can do opens up opportunities for our offense and doesn't force our hand, which makes us less predictable and opens things up for our own offense!
Reply/Quote
Not really downgrading the players but the overall draft grade falls because the team has no logical sense of priority here.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Nixon’s reported transgressions include a “dorm-room incident” in the summer of 2018, even though he was not found liable for any wrongdoing. Regardless, several teams have either removed him from their board or expressed moderate to severe concerns with him'.

Well that’s stupid. He’s going to be value for someone if he’s matured
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I want more OL, too, but that doesn’t mean these players should receive bad grades.

Exactly. These last two picks make me feel a lot better about our pass rush rotation. We needed to address our pass rush (been terrible recently), and we got great value. I say well done. We can still get oline (lots of picks left).
Reply/Quote
I really hope we go Online with one of these next picks, although I can't argue with the last two defensive selections. But I'm thinking they might have high expectations for Adeniji's development. I do like Adeniji but we need more depth damnit.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:46 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Seems like every OL draft prospect I read the scouting report on has short arms what is up with that?  Is arm length really that critical?

Some say yes some say no. Length helps an offensive linemen keep defenders out of their chest. If you dont have that length you need lightning fast hands like Creed Humphrey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Some say yes some say no. Length helps an offensive linemen keep defenders out of their chest. If you dont have that length you need lightning fast hands like Creed Humphrey.

I think it matters way more for tackles than interior guys. Pass rushers with long arms can create separation and get distance from guys. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Did that Pats fan just call the position a Running Black?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Nice, keep going more D.
Reply/Quote
I want o-line too, but that doesn't mean there aren't other players elsewhere. You get better by taking the best player available.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not really downgrading the players but the overall draft grade falls because the team has no logical sense of priority here.

Idk that’s not logical. Our pass rush was terrible. We had 17 sacks last season.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:49 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I would give this draft an F-, even though I think Chase will be a pro bowler.  I think it was a massive mistake not fixing the OL.  Makes me think the coaching staff and GM do not have a clue.

So they draft a Pro Bowler yet you give their draft an F-?
Come on that doesn't make any sense at all.

And they did take OL in the second round as well as signing a FA RT who is solid.

Duke and Zac certainly deserve their share of criticisms but they did make additions to help improve the OL.
Reply/Quote