Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
Do you all think that Pollack has come in and said "I can fix what we already have"? The problem was Turner and not the players themselves maybe?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Did that Pats fan just call the position a Running Black?

That's what it sounded like to me, but it may have been the accent or if he's been drinking 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That pick was fast.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Did the Bengals just trade up?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Shelvin here for the Bengals. More depth for the DL. He's a DJ Reader type who can occupy blockers and free up space for the defense.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
AFC North DT. He's huge.
Reply/Quote
a big dlineman

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Did the Bengals just trade up?

No, it was from NE for trading back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another LSU guy. We’ll have half the team at this rate lol.

Reply/Quote

Pick from last night's trade down
Reply/Quote
Tyler Shelvin wow 3 DL picks in a row. So this means Josh Tupou is on his way out?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I want more OL, too, but that doesn’t mean these players should receive bad grades.

I think some of you are missing the frustration of most.. it is less about the player and more about Elephant that has been in the room that started to increase a few years ago with waiting too long to draft Oline... and i don;t think I saw any of us predicting that after a FA period and going on our 5th pick of this draft that all we have done is address the draft is pick up a  tackle on a 1 YEAR contract and draft one tackle .
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:49 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: It's the fact that people are still upset there guy wasn't taken.

They wanted Sewell in one and got upset it didn't happen, they wanted an OLineman in 2 after passing on Sewell which they got, but it wasn't the guy they liked.

Bunch of people mad they didn't get there way in round 1 that are just gonna cry about it all the way through no matter what picks we make.

Let's be honest. If we'd taken Sewell at 5, then a "meh" WR in round 2, the Chase side would be "crying" just as loudly.

On my end, I'll be content as long as one of the next 2 picks is another lineman.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

No.  That was one of the two 4th rounders they got from the Pats.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the defensive picks but we already brought in three free agents all aimed at pass rush and all starters (Hendrickson, Ogunboji, Hilton) plus Lou is possibly the worst DC in recent NFL history so any draft picks will not be coached up properly. It is like how I did not want to draft OL so long as Turner was the coach because it would be a waste of time.

Meanwhile we have this super deep OL draft and so far one pick on OL - on a team needing OL. I don't care how highly they rate Adeniji Redmond and MJ are utter trash. We NEED 1 more OL and should do 2 more OL.
Reply/Quote
Another LSU guy and another D lineman.
Wonder if guys like Wren/Tupou are going to be on this team this year.
Reply/Quote
Well, another wasted pick....Tyler Shelvin.
Reply/Quote
Is that guy any good lol
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Another LSU guy and another D lineman.
Wonder if guys like Wren/Tupou are going to be on this team this year.

I definitely think this could be a Tupou replacement. But Wren hasn't done much either, so maybe both are gone. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
I like the draft so far. we looking at only 2 returning starters from last years opening day offensive line. They happen to be our best 2 OL in Hopkins and Jonah.
Reply/Quote