Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(05-01-2021, 02:51 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The only issue is the Carman pick. It's not that we picked him its that we reached. We could've gotten him a round later if not more. I appreciate that he was their guy regardless, but he had a 3rd-4th round grade on him and we took him at 46. I'm not saying he won't be good or play up to that pick. I just would've felt better taking him a round later. Doesn't mean the draft has been bad though.

PFF had him rated 48 on their big board. Many scouts had him as the 2nd rated OG prospect in the draft after AVT. They were absolutely not getting him “a round later maybe more.” He’s a case of NFL people being way higher on a player than the average fan/mock people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Where is brevin Jordan?

Would like to see Jordan, Gainwell (RB), or Shawn Wade with the next pick.
Reply/Quote
There goes Brevin Jordan.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: PFF had him rated 48 on their big board. Many scouts had him as the 2nd rated OG prospect in the draft after AVT. They were absolutely not getting him “a round later maybe more.”  He’s a case of NFL people being way higher on a player than the average fan/mock people.

That's fair. I'll be honest and admit that I don't study everyone's pre-draft information. Simply the few places I looked had him as a late 3rd-early 4th. That doesn't make it gospel, but that paired with people's reaction to the pick made me think that was a fair grade. I still think the pick would be better received if he had been drafted at 69.
Reply/Quote
Damn!
Reply/Quote
That was Cal McNair's wife? I thought that was his daughter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that tall receiver from Stanford he's fast and Bengals tend to like those tall receivers.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 02:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As frustrated as I have been over two days, I had hopes with adding those 4th round picks we would finally make at least a stronger commitment to our Oline that it would at least move the needle up for me but the best we can do in our most important position to fill  is a undersized tackle instead of addressing the thin guard/center area pretty much sealed a bad feeling about this draft.  I hope for Bengal fans and Burrows sake this draft proves me wrong but right now grade of a C-.

The value clearly wasn't there to invest a lot of picks in the oline. The value was there for the dline. I'm happy. Reaching sets you way back.
Reply/Quote
Marqueze Stevenson?
Reply/Quote
Bengals also like that small school wide receiver, Stachen not sure on his name though obviously.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That was Cal McNair's wife? I thought that was his daughter.

Me too! I guess money does help....
Reply/Quote
Shawn Wade had a lousy season last season. But he still has great athleticism and has played a high level of competition. Play him in the slot or at S and he can be a solid player.
Reply/Quote
Well boys, we're drafting for need! lol.
Reply/Quote
Solid value left at corner here
Reply/Quote
I missed our last pick - what is the dope on D'ante Smith?
Reply/Quote
***** yeah baby awesome
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Evan McPherson, Kicker, Florida

Had a feeling he might end up here because he has ties to the Bengals. Was trained by Shayne Graham.
Reply/Quote
YES!!!!!!! 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: My crystal ball works as good as anyone else's. No, I cannot guarantee it. Everywhere I saw had him graded between the 3rd-4th. ESPN was even surprised we took him where we did. Since we took him at 46, its all speculation. More than likely, I believe he would've been available at 69.

I wasn't implying you were wrong.
Reply/Quote
Let’s get a wr
Reply/Quote