Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

I'm starting to think this Ja'Marr kid might be good.
Ja'Marr's great, but I really think the "probability of reception" thing from Next Gen Stats is complete crap. Drives me nuts every time I see the commercials. There is no way they are able to account for the variation reliably to make those claims or predictions.
(10-15-2021, 12:50 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Ja'Marr's great, but I really think the "probability of reception" thing from Next Gen Stats is complete crap. Drives me nuts every time I see the commercials. There is no way they are able to account for the variation reliably to make those claims or predictions.

All I care is that Ja'Maar is rated high, lol.... I just take there word for it and he definitely passes the eye test..
This kid is the real deal and at only 21 years old only going to get better and better. His route running and football intellect are far superior to other receivers who have been in the league way longer than he has.

Proud and happy he is a Bengal and hopefully he is here for a long time to come.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
(10-15-2021, 04:04 PM)The American Dream Wrote: This kid is the real deal and at only 21 years old only going to get better and better. His route running and football intellect are far superior to other receivers who have been in the league way longer than he has.

Proud and happy he is a Bengal and hopefully he is here for a long time to come.

I'm thinking Joe and Ja'Maar get to Marvin - Manning type numbers... I could see Ja'maar with a multi-TD game thus week...
[Image: FB3G8anUYAY1yPQ?format=jpg&name=large]

Does anybody happen to know if that Lions DB got his man card back from Chase after the game today?

Though that's one of things I really liked about Chase coming out. He's physical and he's an alpha type competitor and both came out on that play. That's a tone setting play. That's also setting an example for everyone on the team when you're #5 OA pick budding superstar WR sprints down the field to make a crushing block and spring someone else for the TD.
(10-17-2021, 05:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Does anybody happen to know if that Lions DB got his man card back from Chase after the game today?

Though that's one of things I really liked about Chase coming out. He's physical and he's an alpha type competitor and both came out on that play. That's a tone setting play. That's also setting an example for everyone on the team when you're #5 OA pick budding superstar WR sprints down the field to make a crushing block and spring someone else for the TD.

When people say he looks like WR in a RB body they aren’t wrong. That was a grown ass man block. He’s just crazy strong for a 21 year old kid. Think he had like 23 or 24 reps on the bench…

It's the blinged out teeth.
The latest version… :lol:

[Image: FB7EBSIXMAE3RNe?format=jpg&name=large]

I was team Chase after some persuasion, but I never imagined he'd be this good this soon.

It's interesting to see trends change around the league. 15 years ago, receivers were guys that broke out in years 3 and OL were largely plug and play starters in their rookie year. Now receivers are productive immediately, even ones drafted in middle rounds at times. Ol, on the other hand seem to take a bit to adjust to playing vs grown men at DE and DT in the NFL. Bad technique sticks out like a sore thumb, and lack of strength is a massive liability.
Man the kids is awesome. Love watching him play. Mind runs wild with how well he could develop.

(10-17-2021, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Hopefully it won't take chase a decade and two other teams before he reaches a Superbowl because of inferior lines.
(10-17-2021, 11:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Hopefully it won't take chase a decade and two other teams before he reaches a Superbowl because of inferior lines.

Yeah, hopefully… Rolleyes

(10-17-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, hopefully… Rolleyes

Hey if you're comparing him to Moss, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Out offense is half built. It's 3-4 years before were good to go. Hopefully chase sticks it out that long.
(10-17-2021, 11:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Hey if you're comparing him to Moss, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Out offense is half built. It's 3-4 years before were good to go. Hopefully chase sticks it out that long.

In what alternate reality?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-17-2021, 11:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Hey if you're comparing him to Moss, you gotta take the good with the bad.

I’m not comparing him to anyone. Those are their stats…

And 3-4 years seems extremely pessimistic to me. You can retool entire rosters in that timeframe in the NFL, let alone one position group (which doesn’t need a complete overhaul - we already have some nice pieces including a top LT).

(10-18-2021, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not comparing him to anyone. Those are their stats…

Mellow

Smirk