Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(12-12-2021, 07:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Genuinely curious how it's Zac Taylor's fault that Bell gets called for an absurd penalty and Phillips muffs 2 punts. In this game he seems to be doing everything to put the players in position to succeed and they're the ones failing. 

Phillips shouldn't be on the team.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Analytics will tell you to be significantly more aggressive in 4th and shorts. I'm giving up on that conversation around here, though. 

Did you see what analytics did for Harbaugh in the game right before this game started?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This season has been a roller coaster of highs and lows. Big wins against Baltimore and Pittsburgh and let down losses. This game against the 49'ers is ugly. My takeaway at the half: I must temper my expectations for this team. There has been improvement from last season, but this squad isn't ready to compete and play meaningful playoff football.

Yup, Good teams don't do this....
Reply/Quote
Did Phillips fumble a KR that got the niners 7 pts?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Genuinely curious how it's Zac Taylor's fault that Bell gets called for an absurd penalty and Phillips muffs 2 punts. In this game he seems to be doing everything to put the players in position to succeed and they're the ones failing. 

Most of the time it IS the players.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Zac didn't have the team ready to play again and they melt under the bright lights of PT again. It wasn't just a Marvin thing it seems.

This is not prime time
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This season has been a roller coaster of highs and lows. Big wins against Baltimore and Pittsburgh and let down losses. This game against the 49'ers is ugly. My takeaway at the half: I must temper my expectations for this team. There has been improvement from last season, but this squad isn't ready to compete and play meaningful playoff football.

Yeah. Didn’t expect them to be in the playoffs. Gotta remember that. Life really is easier when they are terrible. This 50/50 stuff is what makes for ulcers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Did Phillips fumble a KR that got the niners 7 pts?

Yes sir
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have shown time and time again this year they just aren’t there yet. 1st in the AFC? Let’s make that last one week and lose two straight. This week and last week they have a great chance to prove it again… Not going well…

They need to get better on special teams, up front on offense, Burrow needs to play better and not throw so many picks. Defensively they are a lot better, but still need more consistentcy. This team is close though. But not quite there yet.

A desperate need at punt/kick returner though. At least Alex ericson never dropped the ball (and had good stats yardage wise). Do we have someone we can put back there that can catch the ball? Do we need to draft someone?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not Zac's fault Phillips can't field a punt.

Is it Zac's fault he kept putting him in after fumbling though? What IS zac's fault anyway. Oh yeah his overall record.  Rumblin, Fumblin, Stumblin to no other job in the NFL again.
Reply/Quote
1st place in the AFC there for the taking & this is who shows up. Zac should be pealing the damn paint in there.
Reply/Quote
Worst ran organization

Even w all the talent we are STILL very much the BUNGLES
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Did Phillips fumble a KR that got the niners 7 pts?

A punt
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Tony Wrote: Yes sir

uggh... i missed it. bio-break. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:55 PM)samhain Wrote: They need to get rid of the taunting penally.  Dumbest shit ever and has been all year.

Yes, rule needs to change. Standing over a downed opponent or getting up in someone’s facing is taunting. Pointing a finger is not. DB’s wave fingers all the time and don’t get flagged. Use a little common sense.
Reply/Quote
let's see how embarassed boomer is of this junk team lol
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Did you see what analytics did for Harbaugh in the game right before this game started?

You see what not going for it has done to us!?!?!?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Zac didn't have the team ready to play again and they melt under the bright lights of PT again. It wasn't just a Marvin thing it seems.

How does one player making massive mistakes (Phillips) equate to the team not being ready because of Zac? If you take out his plays we're probably leading right now. He's gifted the 49ers 10 points on his own. 
Reply/Quote
Herbert - killing it …. AGAIN

Herbert > Burrow
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 08:00 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Yes, rule needs to change. Standing over a downed opponent or getting up in someone’s facing is taunting. Pointing a finger is not. DB’s wave fingers all the time and don’t get flagged. Use a little common sense.

No one likes to be pointed at, its tauting.. just let it go.
Reply/Quote